OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Went to the beach today

258BDD16-D9D9-4BCF-A28F-C932646BC30E.jpeg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. You're ordering a milkshake - lucky you! What flavour is it? Vanilla. And it's a cabinet.
2. What's the most benign subject you've discussed while having sex? People talk about other subjects during sex?!?
3. Damn - 6pm, and only reruns on. What rerun sitcom will you watch? Big Bang Theory
4. Would you let your significant other sleep with someone else for ten million dollars? No.
5. You're feeling pretty good. Tell me - what is the temperature, time, and lighting? 65 degrees, evening when the sun is going down

Bonus picture question:

Post a picture of the actor/actress you find most attractive. Don't have one.

Reactions: rfournier103

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. You're ordering a milkshake - lucky you! What flavour is it?
2. What's the most benign subject you've discussed while having sex?
3. Damn - 6pm, and only reruns on. What rerun sitcom will you watch?
4. Would you let your significant other sleep with someone else for ten million dollars?
5. You're feeling pretty good. Tell me - what is the temperature, time, and lighting?

Bonus picture question:

Post a picture of the actor/actress you find most attractive.
Non dairy coffee or pistachio
Do you want Salvadoran food?
I detest sitcoms, does Law and Order count?
Nope Nope Nope. then the secret would be out...
70 degrees, natural light, 6pm

gotta be with the 10 days growth though
1694823956972.jpeg

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I don't like many things. I am terribly picky. I think it is because I was forced to eat everything on my plate as a child.

The whole table would be cleared except me and whatever potato of the night was served. I don't eat any potatoes (neither does my daughter). Also...lima beans are vile.

Boston isn't bad but Maine (on the coast) could be in for trouble.
Check on the lima beans. Pea soup and other offenders.

My mom was not a commandant, but basically we had to eat everything on our plate. Not to the extreme, but there were a few nights my brother Michael and I sat at the dinner table long after everyone else was excused.

So, this morning I had my last PT appointment for my hip replacement.

I gave the young lady (Jade) a hug as I feel she helped me. She also likes the Bruins !

For a couple of years I have not been able to "sit like an Indian" and I ALWAYs used to sit like that whether it was the floor or a chair/ sofa. I can now do it although the hip feels a bit tight. According to Jade it will loosen up more. I am quite pleased that I can sit like that again. :D

View attachment 743251
Hooray! 🧘‍♂️

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Not bad here which is a pleasant surprise. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays this way. Lots of dead trees behind my complex in the reservation.

A tree did fall a few blocks away but it sounds like everyone is ok.

Hope out posters in Maine and the Maritimes are safe!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I love when my obsession with contesting pays off. Yesterday I instantly won Samsung Galaxy earbuds, which I was thinking of buying. Then this morning I instantly won this windbreaker made by Mitchell & Ness - vintage style NHL., value $240.00

1694870354418.png

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Slept in a bit this cloudy Saturday morning.

Does anyone else experience the “last dream” thing? Only really happens on days where I don’t have to get up early for work.

Got up at about 6:30 to relieve myself and then went back to bed and had very vivid (totally nonsensical) dreams. I can remember these dreams better than ones earlier in the night and they always seem to leave me feeling good once I wake up even if it’s a weird subject matter(s).

The same thing happens on the rare occasion I take a nap in the middle of the day. I can always remember the dreams very accurately and can place people and setting better than any other dream late at night. It’s pretty cool.

….just in case anyone thought hockey season had started.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Does anyone else experience the “last dream” thing? Only really happens on days where I don’t have to get up early for work.

Got up at about 6:30 to relieve myself and then went back to bed and had very vivid (totally nonsensical) dreams. I can remember these dreams better than ones earlier in the night and they always seem to leave me feeling good once I wake up even if it’s a weird subject matter(s).

The same thing happens on the rare occasion I take a nap in the middle of the day. I can always remember the dreams very accurately and can place people and setting better than any other dream late at night. It’s pretty cool.

Last year I had a dream (nightmare) that some aliens had stolen all of the water from earth...even the oceans. I woke up unsure if it had really happened. Weird.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
1. You're ordering a milkshake - lucky you! What flavour is it?

Chocolate...chocolate with Rum if I'm feeling frisky

2. What's the most benign subject you've discussed while having sex?

Nothing comes to mind...

3. Damn - 6pm, and only reruns on. What rerun sitcom will you watch?

Friends

4. Would you let your significant other sleep with someone else for ten million dollars?

No, and I would not sleep with anyone else for ten million dollars either

5. You're feeling pretty good. Tell me - what is the temperature, time, and lighting?

65 degrees, in the evening watching a sunset

Bonus picture question:

Post a picture of the actor/actress you find most attractive.

images.jpg

Kim Raver from Grey's Anatomy...my wife has been mistaken for her in public!

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Last year I had a dream (nightmare) that some aliens had stolen all of the water from earth...even the oceans. I woke up unsure if it had really happened. Weird.

Of course now that I’ve been up a couple hours, my memory is rapidly fading. But I remember the last part of today’s dream was heading up to the Canadian border between Quebec and Vermont, knowing I had a very small amount of marijuana in my vehicle, deciding to go through the border anyway, and the border agent opening up my driver side door and saying “uhhh…what is that?”

At 1 am, that becomes a nightmare. But at 8 am, just before I wake up, it somehow turns into this semi “laugh out loud” dream in which nothing bad ends up happening aside from what I already knew was coming from my own stupidity.

I’m wondering if it just comes down to I’m subconsciously aware I am dreaming unlike when I’m in a deeper sleep late at night.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

I experience this all the time dude

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I sometimes get caught between dreaming and wakefulness and it used to be a bit scary. I am way better than I used to be, my husband is very grateful for that. I believe it is called parasomnia.

One night I "woke" and saw a big gun on a tripod in our hallway, pointing at our bed. I was terrified, convinced it was real and that if we moved a trip wire would set it off. I woke hubby up and said "there's a gun, you have to roll out of bed onto the floor and crawl to it to turn it off". He was half asleep and actually rolled out of bed onto the floor. At that point, I woke up fully and said "oh, never mind". LOL! That is just one instance.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I sometimes get caught between dreaming and wakefulness and it used to be a bit scary. I am way better than I used to be, my husband is very grateful for that. I believe it is called parasomnia.

One night I "woke" and saw a big gun on a tripod in our hallway, pointing at our bed. I was terrified, convinced it was real and that if we moved a trip wire would set it off. I woke hubby up and said "there's a gun, you have to roll out of bed onto the floor and crawl to it to turn it off". He was half asleep and actually rolled out of bed onto the floor. At that point, I woke up fully and said "oh, never mind". LOL! That is just one instance.

One of the scariest dreams I remember having was when I was in my early 20s and was living alone for the first time in my life.

I “woke up” from a bad dream and looked into the doorway to my bedroom and saw the Grim Reaper. Yes, the stereotypical Grim Reaper with no face and a dark cloak.

Terrified, I then actually woke up. I was physically sweating and shaking for many minutes after waking with my heart racing. It was only a brief moment with an image in the dream, but it had instantly put my entire body into a very real state of panic.

On a somewhat funnier note (though not at the time), my dad attacked me in the middle of the night when we were in a hotel room. He is a terrible snorer (though he doesn’t believe he is because he hasn’t slept next to anyone for around 30 years) so I went out to the car to grab my noise canceling headphones.

I made it out the hotel door without him waking up, but as I was getting back into my bed once I returned, he jumped out of his bed saying “what the FUUUCCCK” and lunged at me. He seemed to wake up halfway through his lunge. For however many seconds, he was fully convinced he was at home and I was an intruder who had broken into his house.

• Wow
Reactions: caz16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad