OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
thanks appreciated

i couldn't do a squat thrust before so even a bad one is an improvement !
I used to "sit like an Indian" a lot but because of my hip was not able to for a number of years. I can now! Squat thrusts ...no..but not good for you anyway

1699455805491.png

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Hi friends. I just found this out and don't really have a lot of details, but long-time HF member Robin Huckleberry passed away a week or two ago. I'm sorry I don't remember her screen name here. She was a joyful and dedicated Bruins fan.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hi friends. I just found this out and don't really have a lot of details, but long-time HF member Robin Huckleberry passed away a week or two ago. I'm sorry I don't remember her screen name here. She was a joyful and dedicated Bruins fan.
I found out last week.

Robin went to many Bs games and was always a friendly face in the crowd.

She was not old, and it is very sad.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
They do offer the Carfax at least, so that's good.
I thought about that when I was looking for a car last year. My neighbor is a car repair/body shop owner. He said that you can't
always trust those companies results because for example Enterprise Car Rental is "self insured" so when a customer damages a car or even gets water damage Enterprise doesn't file any insurance reports. It's all "in house" so that when they sell cars you never know if serious damage etc has been done and covered up. Caveat Emptor!

OMG yes. She's a FB friend of mine but I don't really pay attention over there anymore since it all becomes too much sitting at the computer. RIP Robin!

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Hey HF family I’m the proud owner of a new right hip!! Surgery went well and I just finished my first pt session. The only pain I have is in my right lower back and they’ve given me some wonderful drugs for that .
Thank you all again for your encouragement and support :heart:
WOW, I wish you a speedy recovery and back into the lineup asap!!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I thought about that when I was looking for a car last year. My neighbor is a car repair/body shop owner. He said that you can't
always trust those companies results because for example Enterprise Car Rental is "self insured" so when a customer damages a car or even gets water damage Enterprise doesn't file any insurance reports. It's all "in house" so that when they sell cars you never know if serious damage etc has been done and covered up. Caveat Emptor!
Thank you for that depressing note. lol

• Wow
Reactions: Kovi and hrdpuk

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Heading to Jersey in March. Would be my first show or festival in like 2-3 years

As if we need proof this forum is full of old geezers, the number of hip and knee replacement posts in here rivals the number of posts about video games and tickety tock influencers on the Leafs and Habs boards.

I tried a video game thread here didnt last long lol

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpeg
    IMG_1444.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Wow
Reactions: eightspokedb

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Early this morning our time Australia's 2nd biggest telco had a complete breakdown and lost their entire network. Nearly 1 in 2 Aussies with no phone, no internet, not even fixed landlines. Train lines shut down, problems in hospitals, businesses and shops unable to accept payments. Utter chaos.

14 hours later and things are still getting fixed and restored bit by bit. A reminder of how incredibly dependent we've become upon the internet and associated comms networks and the companies that manage them.

Yes. Unfortunately, there are also bad actors probing vulnerabilities.

The U.S. has been working to upgrade its critical infrastructure, but much work lies ahead.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Decided to look into switching from Verizon to Xfinity for mobile service in the hopes of lowering my phone bill now that I have a car payment again.

So I go online (first mistake) and clicked on the "bring your own device" deal (second mistake). Oh, tell us about your phone....ok....."oh, sorry, your device is not compatible"

Well of course not, because it's more than two weeks old so of course you'd find a way to exclude it.

But don't worry, I can always buy a phone from them..... :rolleyes:

I swear, the entire cell phone industry is one giant racket.

I'll go back to yelling at clouds now...

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Decided to look into switching from Verizon to Xfinity for mobile service in the hopes of lowering my phone bill now that I have a car payment again.

So I go online (first mistake) and clicked on the "bring your own device" deal (second mistake). Oh, tell us about your phone....ok....."oh, sorry, your device is not compatible"

Well of course not, because it's more than two weeks old so of course you'd find a way to exclude it.

But don't worry, I can always buy a phone from them..... :rolleyes:

I swear, the entire cell phone industry is one giant racket.

I'll go back to yelling at clouds now...
For real. I get emails and notifications from Verizon all the time promising a free iPhone or Galaxy S23 with any trade-in in any condition. Then you click on it and it's actually a lot of fine print and your phone doesn't actually suffice the "any trade-in" tag line. It's honestly false advertising. What are you going to do?

I do want a new phone. Mine is about 4 years old at this point and I dropped it a month ago and for the first time in my life got a little crack on the screen. But it's still usable and I don't want to get taken advantage of by these phone companies so I might just keep it.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
For real. I get emails and notifications from Verizon all the time promising a free iPhone or Galaxy S23 with any trade-in in any condition. Then you click on it and it's actually a lot of fine print and your phone doesn't actually suffice the "any trade-in" tag line. It's honestly false advertising. What are you going to do?

I do want a new phone. Mine is about 4 years old at this point and I dropped it a month ago and for the first time in my life got a little crack on the screen. But it's still usable and I don't want to get taken advantage of by these phone companies so I might just keep it.
I use TracFone and have nothing but great phones/service. I get mine through HSN or QVC...get to split up the payments over 4/5/6 months depending on the price. Plus you get 1500 talk/text/data and can add more as you need it. I have the Moto Stylus and it's awesome...but they also have IPhones if you like them.

TracFone uses Verizon towers and have great coverage (actually Verizon owns TF now). And if you need help their customer service chat is awesome. Very rarely need to use it but have helped so much. India based but great service.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yes. Unfortunately, there are also bad actors probing vulnerabilities.

The U.S. has been working to upgrade its critical infrastructure, but much work lies ahead.

There certainly are. In this case apparently the fault was purely internal, but it does once again highlight the vulnerability of such networks and their likely targeting in the event of hostilities. Perhaps this will at least serve as a reminder of the need to continually work to make them as robust as possible.

Reactions: BMC and GordonHowe

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

I have Verizon and traded in my old S21 Ultra for the S23 ultra back in September and they did actually credit me $800 on my trade-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad