OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
As if we need proof this forum is full of old geezers, the number of hip and knee replacement posts in here rivals the number of posts about video games and tickety tock influencers on the Leafs and Habs boards.
If my memory serves me right I made a video game thread on the Bruins board like 5-6 years ago and it got like 2 posts and died in a week. :laugh:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
As if we need proof this forum is full of old geezers, the number of hip and knee replacement posts in here rivals the number of posts about video games and tickety tock influencers on the Leafs and Habs boards.
Can confirm my husband is upstairs asleep because Vegas wore him out. We have turned down a few social invites because sleeping sounds soooo much better. :wally:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Why, he *does* look familiar!

View attachment 764572

View attachment 764573

View attachment 764574

Mr. Matt was wearing his Guelph Storm hoodie and I asked him if he was from Canada.

He said yes.

I said, "Mathew Poitras played for Guelph in the OHL. Now he plays center for the Bruins."

He said, "I know. That's me."

I was so surprised I couldn't believe it.

He was very polite (like all good Canadian boys) and asked if I'd like to take a picture with him. He even held the phone.
i thought that was the singer from queens of the stone age

Reactions: GordonHowe

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
We’re going to Woodstock Vt. for Wassail Weekend next month.

Has anyone been? Any tips?

My wife is really excited about this because apparently they’ve filmed a Hallmark Christmas movie or two there and I want to make it special.

God knows she’s been to and watched enough sports for and with me over the years.

Aside from Italy, this is probably the most excited she’s been for a trip in years.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Hey HF family I’m the proud owner of a new right hip!! Surgery went well and I just finished my first pt session. The only pain I have is in my right lower back and they’ve given me some wonderful drugs for that .
Thank you all again for your encouragement and support :heart:
This calls for cookies!!

20210316_180314.jpg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

As I say to the kids (inevitably younger than me) at work when they celebrate a birthday, "It's all downhill from here."

1699409197341.png

This calls for cookies!!

View attachment 764702

And chammers. Don't forget the chammers,

1699409317966.png

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Early this morning our time Australia's 2nd biggest telco had a complete breakdown and lost their entire network. Nearly 1 in 2 Aussies with no phone, no internet, not even fixed landlines. Train lines shut down, problems in hospitals, businesses and shops unable to accept payments. Utter chaos.

14 hours later and things are still getting fixed and restored bit by bit. A reminder of how incredibly dependent we've become upon the internet and associated comms networks and the companies that manage them.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
You guys sure I’m not thinning up top a little

View attachment 764523
Love it, be glad you didn't live in the comb over era...lol Hubby's head is like this before I get to shave it (which for some reason I enjoy immensely). I convinced him to let me try it during covid and never stopped. I also love the feel of it when it is fuzzy like this. OK, too much information....lmao!

Taking the Bride tomorrow for her 1 year oncology follow up.

*fingers crossed *
Fingers crossed, lots of positive thoughts, hoping to hear the very best news.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
@sarge88

I live in the Upper Valley of VT/NH which’s is a cluster of towns around Lebanon,nh. It’s a surprisingly vibrant area, a lot due to the presence of Dartmouth College

On your way to Woodstock check out Hanover NH where Dartmouth is located, they will also be decked out for Christmas. Also they have hockey haha.

Also on your way is the King Arthur Flour flag ship store in Norwich VT. White River Junction has some cool restaurants.

In Woodstock check out Billings farm and worthy kitchen restaurant. Also take a drive through Barnard and pomfret. If there is snow, Woodstock inn has XC trails and owns suicide 6 ski area.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
We’re going to Woodstock Vt. for Wassail Weekend next month.

Has anyone been? Any tips?

My wife is really excited about this because apparently they’ve filmed a Hallmark Christmas movie or two there and I want to make it special.

God knows she’s been to and watched enough sports for and with me over the years.

Aside from Italy, this is probably the most excited she’s been for a trip in years.

I've been to Woodstock. Lovely town. Was in peak leaf peeping season so the colors were on full display, but I'm sure it will be equally nice in the winter. Great place just to wander and enjoy the little local shops and the views over the surrounding countryside. I'd second Billings Farm as well worth a visit, assuming it's open in December. And Woodstock Scoops sells great ice cream, should they do winter trading. Enjoy!

Reactions: sarge88 and Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad