OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. Write a standard 5-7-5 haiku about yourself
2. What is your least favourite chore, and why?
3. How often do you make your bed?
4. In front of you are an escaped serial killer, an escaped bioterrorist, and an escaped crack wholesaler. Your gun has only one bullet. Do you fire? If so, at whom?
5. Look. You're wearing your favourite clothes. Describe them for us.
1) I wake up early
Scan the hockey scores with glee
Hockey is my fix

2) I hate washing floors.
3) Every day.
4) I fire the gun and take off the serial killer's ear
5) Black sleep pants covered in stars, black shirt covered in stars, I like stars. No hat. Bruins socks and fuzzy slippers.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

4. In front of you are an escaped serial killer, an escaped bioterrorist, and an escaped crack wholesaler. Your gun has only one bullet. Do you fire? If so, at whom?
Well who am I today
What new mask is for your eyes
Only being me underneath always

folding and putting away laundry

every day. (unless I'm sick) If you are not making your bed every day, how are you aligning your day otherwise? *just curious, we could Feng shui this question for days*

Myself. (I'll let you figure that one out)

Wide leg salmon colored pants, white tshirt, silver sandals.

Reactions: NeelyDan and BMC

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

Ehh… I reveal too much about myself here already. I’m not much of a poet, either.
Raking leaves. Just a colossal pain in the ass. Raking. Bagging. Disposal. Just too much of a time-suck.
I never make my bed. Before you get all judgy, let me explain why. First of all, Mrs. 103 gets up three and a half hours later than I do on workdays, and secondly, I can’t make a bed to save my life.

My wife is a fastidious perfectionist, and no matter how much she tries to teach me, it’s never good enough. In fact, had I gone into the Army like I wanted to (a heartfelt thank you to all who served past and present), I would have made a deal with my bunk mate where he would make my bunk, and I would polish his boots.
Tough choices. I say bioterrorist.

Right between the eyes.

Jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers. Tres comfortable.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Ladyfan

Six days before he shot and killed 18 people at two Lewiston businesses, Robert Card told employees at a bakery outlet in Hudson, New Hampshire: “Maybe you will be the ones I snap on.”

That revelation was reported to police the day after the shootings and revealed in a report obtained Friday by the Press Herald.

Tad Dionne, Hudson’s police chief, previously acknowledged that Card had an “altercation” with employees at a Country Kitchen Bakery Outlet days before the shooting, but did not share details. The incident wasn’t reported until after employees saw images of Card on the news. At that point, the shootings were over and a massive manhunt for Card was underway.

“We immediately documented what they told us and forwarded it to Maine State Police to assist them in any way,” Dionne said.

Card had recently begun driving a delivery truck for a third-party company that has not yet been identified. The delivery included products from LePage Bakeries in Lewiston, although a company spokesperson said Card was not and had never been employed there.

Hudson is a town in southern New Hampshire near the Massachusetts border, about 150 miles from Card’s house in Bowdoin.

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. Haiku's are hard for me. But I'll try!

Cold autumn morning
A black, tiny tea cuddles
into the abyss

2. Getting the recycle boxes broken down and trash put out every Thursday night, Fridayis our trash day. It's the bane of my existence. I love doing laundry though. Laundry calms me down.

3. Depends when I'm in my bed. I shuffle between the bed and the couch. Either way. I'll make it when I get out, so it's cozy when I get back in.

4. Bioterrorist is going first. Then I'm taking my phone out and recording both escaped serial killer and cracked dealer and hopefully that will get them arrested. If not. Bioterrorist is going first, then I'm pistol whipping the serial killer.

I've definitely thought about scenarios like this before :laugh:

5. My black sweatpants. My favorite hoodie. Comfort. Cozy.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
@Ladyfan

Six days before he shot and killed 18 people at two Lewiston businesses, Robert Card told employees at a bakery outlet in Hudson, New Hampshire: “Maybe you will be the ones I snap on.”

That revelation was reported to police the day after the shootings and revealed in a report obtained Friday by the Press Herald.

Tad Dionne, Hudson’s police chief, previously acknowledged that Card had an “altercation” with employees at a Country Kitchen Bakery Outlet days before the shooting, but did not share details. The incident wasn’t reported until after employees saw images of Card on the news. At that point, the shootings were over and a massive manhunt for Card was underway.

“We immediately documented what they told us and forwarded it to Maine State Police to assist them in any way,” Dionne said.

Card had recently begun driving a delivery truck for a third-party company that has not yet been identified. The delivery included products from LePage Bakeries in Lewiston, although a company spokesperson said Card was not and had never been employed there.

Hudson is a town in southern New Hampshire near the Massachusetts border, about 150 miles from Card’s house in Bowdoin.
There's almost always a sign. We just don't hear it.

Reactions: Mione134

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I struck gold - Steak from Argentina

274139843_995051818092289_8047521979518846945_n.jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-10 150741.png

118633194_360896808274257_4368480605407871611_n.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
There's almost always a sign. We just don't hear it.
The people who saw him and had contact with him DID hear it and they reported him over and over again. The police didn't try hard enough to locate him prior to what happened. We can't talk about the other part of the story but that is a problem too.

I hope the victims families sue the shit out of those who failed to do their job.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Kovi

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
The people who saw him and had contact with him DID hear it and they reported him over and over again. The police didn't try hard enough to locate him prior to what happened. We can't talk about the other part of the story but that is a problem too.

I hope the victims families sue the shit out of those who failed to do their job.
yup. I can agree with that for sure. you're right. It's a wide problem of no one wanting to hear and "well, someone else will deal with it." (and an issue with education all around)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
yup. I can agree with that for sure. you're right. It's a wide problem of no one wanting to hear and "well, someone else will deal with it." (and an issue with education all around)
The main thing is that the cops did a wellness check on him and discovered he wasn't home. Instead of trying to locate him so they could make sure he didn't have access to any weapons, they said oh well and went on with their day.

Reactions: Kovi

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I still can’t stop thinking about that poor little boy saying sad and scared

Shit has fuc*ed me up
I keep thinking about the absolute vitriol in College campuses all around the world. I saw what happened at Concordia University. Heard about the gunfire shot at two Jewish schools in Montreal. It's just keeps getting worse.

I'm Catholic as many of you know, but I have a lot of Jewish friends. And let me tell you. They. Are. SCARED. If you know any Jewish people, reach out to them. Let them know you are there for them.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I still can’t stop thinking about that poor little boy saying sad and scared

Shit has fuc*ed me up
I am sorry, I hate that it is still upsetting you. I said it earlier and really mean it, I would want you on my side every time and I would bail you out every time when needed. It preys on my mind too, as well as my daughter's obviously. Hugs to you, you are awesome.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I am sorry, I hate that it is still upsetting you. I said it earlier and really mean it, I would want you on my side every time and I would bail you out every time when needed. It preys on my mind too, as well as my daughter's obviously. Hugs to you, you are awesome.

The anguish your daughter must feel.

Reactions: caz16 and Ladyfan

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
In response to Neely Dan's Friday five:
Many things I seek
I look quietly away
Hockey night tonight

2 Making/changing the bed. It is against a wall on one side and boxed in on the end.

3 Not often. I am sure those that do it every day are appalled

4 I don't fire. I call the cops and FBI while praying for the right things to do and say.

5 Tan dockers with a blue short-sleeve dress shirt and a pair of good tan suspenders

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad