WDSF Game 1: Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights | 12:00PM | NBC, SN, TVAS

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
as a neutral fan, i haven't felt like it's been too exciting for the most part compared to the other 2 games so far. it's not just the lack of scoring,i know there's been a lot of shots, but i've been bored.
Can't dispute that. If you're not invested, I reckon these types of games can be considered boring.

Reactions: mooncalf

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Can't dispute that. If you're not invested, I reckon these types of games can be considered boring.
I mean if you're a fan of defensive performances this is a great game. I usually am but I'm also a fan of my team not being stuck in a 0-0 nail biter so I'd really like Vegas to get one soon.

Reactions: MrLouniverse

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I normally agree with most of your Posts but in this I’ll disagree. It’s an emotional game and if some flair can energize his team and create entertainment for new/young fans then I’m all for it. So many of us complain about how there’s not enough personality being shown in the NHL.

Just my 2 cents.
I'm all about flair when it's earned, I just get bored of easy plays being reacted to like they were the most difficult plays ever.

The save earlier on Hartman, he earned that one... the one I was questioning? Dime a dozen freeze play after it was shot directly into his glove. Just skate the puck to the ref, don't flourish and make it look dramatic because you want to freeze it.

Looks every bit as bad as a dive on replay.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
I normally agree with most of your Posts but in this I’ll disagree. It’s an emotional game and if some flair can energize his team and create entertainment for new/young fans then I’m all for it. So many of us complain about how there’s not enough personality being shown in the NHL.

Just my 2 cents.

Now some memes...

Not saying it's evident in this game but part of the reason I very much dislike Fleury's type of goalies is the fact that they seem to leave themselves somewhat exposed so that they have to make that kind of a save on a fairly bad angle shots. Not sure if they are just bad at positioning or doing it on purpose. I think it could be argued that the latest save was just that kind of bad positioning. I like personality but I'd rather it's being showed off the ice or on the ice in some other way.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
I mean if you're a fan of defensive performances this is a great game. I usually am but I'm also a fan of my team not being stuck in a 0-0 nail biter so I'd really like Vegas to get one soon.
Yeah we both know that when the Knights get frustrated by slow defensive teams, anything can happen.

Reactions: HanSolo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad