WDSF Game 1: Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights | 12:00PM | NBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
Hard fought match

Really noticed how Vegas forward, passes the puck and skates into a defender, taking him out of the play, trusting another Knight will slide into the open slot....will see if that type of interference will called in later games

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
I hate the Knights (I'm a flyers fan living in Vegas), but Vegas is ABSOLUTELY a hockey market. Before covid every damn game was a sell out, every one in this town has a VGK hat, bumper sticker, jersey, etc. And as someone who has been playing in beer leagues here, its only getting significantly more popular.

I am always down to slander the Knights, its a hobby of mine, but this is a hockey town.

When a large percentage of tickets are sold to fans of the visiting team it's relatively easy to sell out. Vegas is a great hockey market because it's a great weekend getaway destination for people wanting a break from northern winters! Beyond that though Vegas has really embraced their team!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Fleury did in general have to make the better saves, IMHO. Even if Talbot had some to, of course, but the Vegas shots looked less dangerous to me on an average.
Talbot is just less able to make easy saves look dramatic.

Flower suits have a couple tall nice ones though for sure.

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
Vegas success in 3x3 OT in the regular season has the stuff of smoke and mirrors. It's something that isn't going to translate to playoff hockey at all and it inflated their regular season record a bit-- they were 9-0 in 3x3 OT and they're already 0-1 in 5x5 playoff OT.
They were missing Pacioretty scoring OT goals too.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
I still can't believe some people think Golden Knights are contenders. They don't have even one elite offensive player. When was the last time team without elite offensive player won a Stanley Cup?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
What a shame....win the faceoff, 3 seconds left in the penalty kill, all alone behind the net...a simple play to go up the boards and out.... yikes.

Pieterangrlelo, team dinner is on you tonight.
Good luck with that, Pietro is a notorious cheap skate. Not trying to slander the guy, multiple other Blues players joked about it in interviews when he was on the team.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I don't think self appointed tag lines count, at least not once you leave the Minnesota border! LOL

I suppose the players Minnesota feeds into the college and NHL ranks as well as the overall participation lapping the rest of the US is not without anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad