WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
You played a low goal scoring series against a low goal scoring team. So congrats on a meaningless stat.

Oh wow Allstars? You mean something that half the players were fan voted in?

Jack Adams coach? You mean one of the most cursed trophies known to man.

Last Jack Adams candidate the Oilers played in the first round was Sutter and the Canucks. It means nothing

Regular season awards mean nothing come playoff time.
Lmao imagine making a “trophy is cursed” argument in a serious manner

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
You played a low goal scoring series against a low goal scoring team. So congrats on a meaningless stat.

Oh wow Allstars? You mean something that half the players were fan voted in?

Jack Adams coach? You mean one of the most cursed trophies known to man.

Last Jack Adams candidate the Oilers played in the first round was Sutter and the Canucks. It means nothing

Regular season awards mean nothing come playoff time.

Lol. You'd have to add all 3 Canucks' goalies GAA (1.7+2+2.02=5.72) to get close to Cam Talbot's 5.30 GAA.

Congrats on lighting up a cold goalie.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Here’s the difference. If the Canucks lose, it will still a considered a successful season. If the Oilers lose, it will be another year of McDavid and Draisaitl wasted. You telling me Oilers fans would be content losing in Round 2 to the Canucks? Come on.
yup, it's called expectations...ours are high

but I do love the built-in excuses Canucks fans are coming up with already lol

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This series has all of the trademarks of a long evenly fought series between two fairly even teams each with their weaknesses that can be exploited.
I had both of these teams in the secondary level of top contenders behind more complete teams like Vegas, Colorado and Dallas in the West and Florida and NYR in the East.
Both teams were fortunate to get a first round matchup against offensively challenged teams that couldn’t exploit their weaknesses.
It should be a fun series!

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Bringing up a series from a couple years ago is akin to bringing up the regular season
not really...Big Z is a pylon is the regular season....then becomes a pylon that tries to hit in the playoffs

Excuses or simple reality? I know common sense is just so damn hard for Oilers fans
so the Canucks are content with a series win? I thought the goal was the Cup?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
not really...Big Z is a pylon is the regular season....then becomes a pylon that tries to hit in the playoffs

so the Canucks are content with a series win? I thought the goal was the Cup?
No we are gonna be a lot more satisfied with a series win and losing in the second round, you know, being that we didn't make the playoffs last year, being that we aren't currently wasting a generational players golden years, you know that sort of thing, I know, I know this wasn't obvious to you, that common sense thing getting you again.......

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This series has all of the trademarks of a long evenly fought series between two fairly even teams each with their weaknesses that can be exploited.
I had both of these teams in the secondary level of top contenders behind more complete teams like Vegas, Colorado and Dallas in the West and Florida and NYR in the East.
This was the likely matchup.
I have Edmonton over Vancouver simply due to McDavid and Draisaitl. They are insane playoff performers. It’ll just be up to the rest of the team not to roll over. They are a much better team then they were going into the playoffs last year.

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Congrats on struggling to score on a team who was worse defensively all year then Edmonton or LA

Congrats on getting swept in the season series & using the, "it was early in the season," excuse when the expectation was Cup or bust before the season started.

• Haha
Reactions: ghostingtaro

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Every series is different. He’s low down my list of Edmonton players that worry me.
Ok cool.

Congrats on getting swept in the season series & using the, "it was early in the season excuse," when the expectation was Cup or bust before the season.
I mean. We moved on to the second round. The regular season sweep is irrelevant.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Congrats on getting swept in the season series & using the, "it was early in the season excuse," when the expectation was Cup or bust before the season.
I didn’t know a regular season series meant the Oilers season is done?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This was the likely matchup.
I have Edmonton over Vancouver simply due to McDavid and Draisaitl. They are insane playoff performers. It’ll just be up to the rest of the team not to roll over. They are a much better team then they were going into the playoffs last year.
Sure. There’s reasons to pick the Oilers and reasons to pick the Canucks. But it will all come down to what happens on the ice not what posters and analysts think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad