WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
This thread is already disgusting. Bunch of idiots slinging internet mud at each other.
The vast majority of those are 13 year old dudes taking a break from their 28 hour fortnight grind (yes I know fortnight is probably old news)

I wish there was a way for the site to weed these pimple poppers out and let actual hockey fans discuss hockey.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't mind Surrey, but this kind of comment really reinforces something sour about Vancouver.
Well there’s definitely something sour about you.
I can take pot shots at Edmonton or any other city too but generally find the positive in every place I’ve visited or lived.
I’m sure Vancouver misses your cheerful disposition. 😆

petterdaddy

Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Not remotely similar to “we want Florida”
As if Oilers fans haven’t been running their mouths off talking about how the Canucks will be an easy opponent lmao

I’m sure the Canucks are stoked to face Darnell Nurse’s defensive abilities after playing a team with a real team defense. Unless the refs are going to third base with McJesus I don’t think the Edmonton McDavids will have a good time despite hiring Connor’s childhood babysitter to coach them.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Well there’s definitely something sour about you.
I can take pot shots at Edmonton or any other city too but generally find the positive in every place I’ve visited or lived.
I’m sure Vancouver misses your cheerful disposition. 😆

Vancouver is great!

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
As if Oilers fans haven’t been running their mouths off talking about how the Canucks will be an easy opponent lmao

I’m sure the Canucks are stoked to face Darnell Nurse’s defensive abilities after playing a team with a real team defense. Unless the refs are going to third base with McJesus I don’t think the Edmonton McDavids will have a good time despite hiring Connor’s childhood babysitter to coach them.

Edmonton had a fairly easy time with LA and got out rather unscathed.

Vancouver had a tougher time with a better opponent and has their top goaltender hurt, their top line center hurt and some other minor injuries.

This is a perfect storm for Edmonton to advance to the conference finals. Oiler fans have every right to be cocky given the position of each team going into the series

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Should be a fun series!

I'll be honest, as a Canucks fan I do not expect a win here, but I also haven't expected much from the team all year and they continually surprise me, so who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Crazy that it's been 30 years since our last meeting, yet the rivalry (at least among fans) appears to be near it's peak.
This is where I’m at as well. Oilers are a wagon right now. If you told me at the start of the year Nucks would make the 2nd round, I’d have been ecstatic, anything on top of that is gravy.

McDrai looks downright scary. Van has had their number this year but most of those wins came while Edmonton was weirdly in shambles to start and the final one was without McD.

Would really love to have Demko going into this series, as good as Silovs has been. And really hoping Petey can flip that switch. He made a key play to set up the series winner, maybe that will spark his confidence.

Pretty great to finally play the Oil in the playoffs again, can’t believe it’s been 30+ years. That’s nuts.

Ideally the mods are trigger happy on watnings and thread bans early in this series, so many trolls in each fanbase. Otherwise these threads will likely be unbearable.

Here’s to a good series and hopefully some exciting offensive hockey w less of the trap both teams saw in round 1.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus

Vancouver had a tougher time with a better opponent and has their top goaltender hurt, their top line center hurt and some other minor injuries.

This is a perfect storm for Edmonton to advance to the conference finals
Kane gotta abuse Hughes like he does Doughty on a regular basis is a recipe for success on the forecheck.

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
The series that broke HF Boards.

History will be made.

All the pressure is on the Oilers. The decade of draft picks, the hype of McDavid and Drai. The hype from the likes of Ron Maclean. The Cup Or Bust motto this season.

If the Nucks win I suspect that’s the end of the Oilers McDrai experience after next year. Another Canadian team beating them in the playoffs is simply unimaginable especially the Canucks who nobody had pencilled in to be this good. It’s David vs Goliath here.

Canucks have zero pressure. The Oilers are supposed to be superior in every way. All the pressure is on Edmonton.
Disagree - no championships in 53 years and an unexpected window opens to the second round ? pressure is on for Canucks.

petterdaddy

Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver

This is a perfect storm for Edmonton to advance to the conference finals
Vancouver’s third string goalie is better than any starter Edmonton has had since pre DUI Khabibulin. There’s two players on the whole Oilers than concern me and the Canucks have proven they can neuter them in multiple different ways.

Normally I wouldn’t be so high and mighty but the Albertans have been huffing their “Cup or Bust” glue again and it’s obnoxious as shit.

mobilus

Five and a game
Jan 6, 2009
high slot
I don't mind Surrey, but this kind of comment really reinforces something sour about Vancouver.
It was a joke. Duncan, BC is a place. Duncan is also a male name. I implied that the talked about place was actually a person. You're mistaking word play for slagging a city. Don't be so sensitive, like those Bruin fans who think the refs are conspiring against them.... when it's actually the league conspiring against them.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Kane gotta abuse Hughes like he does Doughty on a regular basis is a recipe for success on the forecheck.
As a Nucks fan, Kane does concern me a bit. Hughes is far more mobile than doughty and should evade better, but he had a hard time getting out of the way early in the Nashville series. And no question Kane will hit him late, hope the refs recognize that

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Disagree - no championships in 53 years and an unexpected window opens to the second round ? pressure is on for Canucks.
It really isn’t, Vancouver doesn’t have a talent like McDavid that they need to keep happy coming up on a contract year soon. Vancouver is expected to be a middling team where as Edmonton needs to try and push into contender status

Reactions: Nuck Bonino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad