WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
It was a joke. Duncan, BC is a place. Duncan is also a male name. I implied that the talked about place was actually a person. You're mistaking word play for slagging a city. Don't be so sensitive, like those Bruin fans who think the refs are conspiring against them.... when it's actually the league conspiring against them.
Let's be friends then!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The vast majority of those are 13 year old dudes taking a break from their 28 hour fortnight grind (yes I know fortnight is probably old news)

I wish there was a way for the site to weed these pimple poppers out and let actual hockey fans discuss hockey.
Agreeeed.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Kane gotta abuse Hughes like he does Doughty on a regular basis is a recipe for success on the forecheck.
Kane has yet to do this once, I doubt he will start now. Edmonton isn’t a physical team which is why Vancouver has success against them

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
It really isn’t, Vancouver doesn’t have a talent like McDavid that they need to keep happy coming up on a contract year soon. Vancouver is expected to be a middling team where as Edmonton needs to try and push into contender status
Maybe. I do see your point.

I’m thinking big picture for lifer Canuck fans tho.

Bottom line is championships, and we have none. They have 5

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
All 3 goalies that played in round 1 for the Canucks are top-9 in GAA. They also have the leading candidates for the Jack Adams Award & Norris Trophy; not to mention 4 all-star forwards. Hilarious that some think the Canucks will be an easier out than the Kings.

Reactions: petterdaddy

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Disagree - no championships in 53 years and an unexpected window opens to the second round ? pressure is on for Canucks.
Oh please the Oilers last cup is as relevant as the one we got in 1915, you're absolutely delusional if you think the pressure isn't on the team that's wasted so many years of the generational superstar that was gifted to them.

petterdaddy

Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Why do so many people keep bringing up Zadorov? :laugh::laugh:

The Canucks have about a dozen players I would worry about before him
Yeah I don’t get this. Zadorov has played in western Canada for years now, he’s not some wild card the Oilers don’t know about.

The real wild card is Tyler Myers, guys.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
All 3 goalies that played in round 1 for the Canucks are top-9 in GAA. They also have the leading candidates for the Jack Adams Award & Norris Trophy; not to mention 4 all-star forwards. Hilarious that some think the Canucks will be an easier out than the Kings.
You played a low goal scoring series against a low goal scoring team. So congrats on a meaningless stat.

Oh wow Allstars? You mean something that half the players were fan voted in?

Jack Adams coach? You mean one of the most cursed trophies known to man.

Last Jack Adams candidate the Oilers played in the first round was Sutter and the Canucks. It means nothing

Regular season awards mean nothing come playoff time.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Why do so many people keep bringing up Zadorov? :laugh::laugh:

The Canucks have about a dozen players I would worry about before him

Zadorov had a big impact versus Nashville points and physicality wise. That's probably why he keeps getting mentioned.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Disagree - no championships in 53 years and an unexpected window opens to the second round ? pressure is on for Canucks.
Here’s the difference. If the Canucks lose, it will still a considered a successful season. If the Oilers lose, it will be another year of McDavid and Draisaitl wasted. You telling me Oilers fans would be content losing in Round 2 to the Canucks? Come on.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Zadorov had a big impact versus Nashville points and physicality wise. That's probably why he keeps getting mentioned.
Nashville is the kind of team Zadorov excels against. Slower grindy teams. Zadorov has always got exposed against higher skill speedy teams. Has his whole career.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton

Yea he did have a couple big goals

Against Calgary he was mostly a non-factor when Edmonton played them in 2022

He wasn't terrible by any means but he didn't really make much of an impact. Hanafin on the other hand got badly exposed

TheSecondSeason

Apr 20, 2024
This series is ultimately going to boil down to Hughes, Miller, Silov versus McDavid, Draisaitl and Skinner.

Oilers win in 5. Maybe 6 if Silov can go full Hasek

Not happening.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Genuinely funny to see all the Oiler fans who spent all season talking about how they were the best in the league but just had an uncharacteristic bad stretch due to injuries, now in here falling over themselves to declare themselves the underdogs :laugh:
Lower in standings and got destroyed in regular season.. enough to be declared the underdogs.
Lol at 'genuinely funny'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad