WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver
The smugness a certain fan base has all due to a win at Bettman's slot machine known as the draft lotto in 2015 is rather amusing.

JT Miller is going to make at least 1/2 of the two man show miserable in this series. We saw it in the first game of the year where he got in his McFace and Hyman got beat up trying to save him.

Canucks in 6

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
No we are gonna be a lot more satisfied with a series win and losing in the second round, you know, being that we didn't make the playoffs last year, being that we aren't currently wasting a generational players golden years, you know that sort of thing, I know, I know this wasn't obvious to you, that common sense thing getting you again.......
nah these are all excuses for you to be "satisfied" after this series

win: "omg we beat the Oilers...LMAO! sweet"
lose: "oh well, if weren't expected to make it this far anyways...still a good season"

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Oilers are not the Avs.

If it was Cup or bust this year, the Oilers weren't prepared. Now they gotta go into a series w/ self-doubt.
You are just speaking nonsense at this point. You move goalposts so much.

McCrybaby and Dry Eyes only wish they’re half the man JT Miller is.
If man is decided by size of forehead you got a point.

Attachments

• 1714840378459.jpeg
    1714840378459.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 7

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Imagine using the “players who went to the All-Star game” in a serious manner
I can use real stats to prove the Canucks curbstomped the Oilers all year I don’t need to consult a psychic to make my arguments. I get that it’s difficult for Oilers fans to assess actual coaching skill given their hiring pool consists of “anyone who worked with young Connor” but maybe if you stopped letting him run your team you’d actually have success instead of Campbell in the minors. :)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oilers should definitely do this... it would be great for the Canucks. Oilers goaltending, D and defensive play is nowhere on the level as the Preds, they could take those shots because of the team defensive play and having a top tier goalie. I'm sure McDavid will not enjoy playing against the Canucks big, gritty and hard hitting D.

Interesting that the Oilers allowed less goals against.

Makes you think.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
No we are gonna be a lot more satisfied with a series win and losing in the second round, you know, being that we didn't make the playoffs last year, being that we aren't currently wasting a generational players golden years, you know that sort of thing, I know, I know this wasn't obvious to you, that common sense thing getting you again.......

lol why are they wasting McDavids golden years? They've been in the dance for ~5 years in a row now

Colorado just finally won, i wouldnt say they were wasting MacKinnon. Washington just won and i wouldnt say they wasted Ovechkin either. They iced competitive teams and finally found a way

It's hard to win the cup, especially being a Canadian team, it hasn't happened in 30+ years. Its a competitive league with lots of parity and hockey has to be the most random sport out of the "big 4"

Not everyone can be Sidney Crosby yknow?

Usually when your team is awful enough to draft first overall it takes many years to rebuild the roster to the point where they're a contender. Hockey is a team sport you don't automatically get handed the cup because you have a good player. Look at what happened to Tampa this year and Kucherov popped tf off

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
nah these are all excuses for you to be "satisfied" after this series

win: "omg we beat the Oilers...LMAO! sweet"
lose: "oh well, if weren't expected to make it this far anyways...still a good season"
Ok bud, I can see this concept is too hard for you to grasp, it's my fault, thinking you had the ability to.

lol why are they wasting McDavids golden years? They've been in the dance for ~5 years in a row now

Colorado just finally won, i wouldnt say they were wasting MacKinnon. Washington just won and i wouldnt say they wasted Ovechkin either. They iced competitive teams and finally found a way

It's hard to win the cup, especially being a Canadian team, it hasn't happened in 30+ years. Its a competitive league with lots of parity and hockey has to be the most random sport out of the "big 4"

Not everyone can be Sidney Crosby yknow?

Usually when your team is awful enough to draft first overall it takes many years to rebuild the roster to the point where they're a contender. Hockey is a team sport you don't automatically get handed the cup because you have a good player. Look at what happened to Tampa this year and Kucherov popped tf off
1714840880466.gif

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
This reminds me of the Oilers Flames second round series a few years ago. Flames unexpectedly had a 100+ pt regular season where they absolutely abused the Oilers. They had probably the best first line in hockey that year with Lindholm, Gaudreau and Tkachuk who scored a pile. They had Vezina level goaltending in Markstrom and a stout D that many said was one of the best blue lines in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad