WCSF | Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Round 2 - FIGHT!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

It’s official, bring on the Oilers!

1714790122557.png

IMG_0045.jpegIMG_0047.jpeg

Oiler Killers:
Quinn Hughes - 25GP, 3G, 19A, 22Pts
JT Miller - 32GP, 11G, 23A, 34Pts
Brock Boeser - 31GP, 16G, 11A, 27Pts

Season Series:
October 11, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 8-1

October 14, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 4-3

November 6, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 6-2

April 13, 2024
Vancouver def. Edmonton 3-1

Last edited:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
JT Miller has a big roll in getting McDavid off his game. Remember the regular season game, Mcdavid's frustration got him into fighting.
then he fought hyman. petterson should not overthink now and just pop off in this series. if he does vancouver has a chance to win in 6. if not oilers winning it in 5. their powerplay is lethal. i expect 4-5powerplay chances for oilers if canucks take penalties.

Show this to the Canucks locker room.
bulletin board material.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
its hard to stop draistials behind the goalmouth chance. it goes in everytime if the goalie doesnt slide quick in enough from right to left. could this be the matchup. draistal against lindholm, miller against mcdavid.? or if you want speed mikeyev could be useful in a shutdown role if hes not scoring. against mcdavid similar speedy guys, only guy besides hughes that could keep up

Last edited:

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Wow is this because Demko is out? I wonder if their predictions would change if Demko was starting?

Slightly, but I think the Canucks will be the underdogs regardless.
Analysts probably also factored in Pettersson being the same old, same old.

Demko is still out for game 1. I'm not how close he is to returning, but maybe Canucks have faith in Silovs, so no rush.
That being said, I wonder has Silovs faced a player like McDavid before. Silovs' still gaining playoff experience, but now he suddenly needs to be ready to face the best player in the league in very important games.

Last edited:
Reactions: TruKnyte

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
View attachment 865474

like it or not, I'm jumping on the Canucks bandwagon for the playoffs (at this point... I just want a cup in Canada)...

my hobbies include:
-cooking (as fresh and healthy as possible)
-canning and preserving foods
-fishing
-hiking/outdoors
-old school video games (NES,SNES,SEGA,PS1,PS2)
-horror movies
-thrift store shopping
-music (everything but country)
-going to church
-upskirting
giphy.gif

• Wow
Reactions: vanuck and quat

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
If Pettersson doesn't get going we don't win this series. Really needs to start getting on the scoresheet.

Not just Pettersson, his wingers also stink. You need an entire additional line to get going.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Let's face it, for as long as their playoff run lasts, the Canucks will be the betting 'underdogs'. That might have been the case even if Demko hadn't gone down.

But playing in front of a rookie goalie, it's understandable that the sports betting guys would be less than bullish on the Canucks. But that's OK. Maybe the Canucks will approach the next series with a 'chip on their shoulder' try to prove the pundits wrong.

Anything they can use as 'motivation' is OK with me.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
View attachment 865474

like it or not, I'm jumping on the Canucks bandwagon for the playoffs (at this point... I just want a cup in Canada)...

my hobbies include:
-cooking (as fresh and healthy as possible)
-canning and preserving foods
-fishing
-hiking/outdoors
-old school video games (NES,SNES,SEGA,PS1,PS2)
-horror movies
-thrift store shopping
-music (everything but country)
-going to church
-upskirting
You're a Leafs fan yet jumping on an equally cursed franchise's bandwagon? Why not a team with past success? You must be a masochist.

Reactions: quat

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow! I figured the Canucks might be an underdog entering this series, but the betting line and the picks from the 'experts' at the major networks, are bordering on insane.

A total of 23 of 25 major hockey sites are picking the Oilers, including former Oiler, Ranger and Canuck, Mark Messier. That alone should be serious motivation for the Canucks and their fans!

Last edited:
Reactions: quat and Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad