Post-Game Talk: WCSF GAME #2: Canucks 5, Knights 2 (Series tied 1 - 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Watching the highlights - did Cuthbert mute DeBrusk on Petey’s goal? DeBrusk was going on about something and then he abruptly cut out and Cuthbert came in with the call. :laugh:

yep. somebody muted loui.

also, is it just me or is cassie really mailing it in. it felt like she was hosting a dinner party and just stepping out to do her bits.

Reactions: I am toxic

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I also want Boeser there, but if he's not going to be a threat to shoot, not sure how useful he'll be there either. He's rarely shooting nowadays.

i really wanted that game six goal to be a turning point for him

but i do also think that having tt as a RHS in front of the net and bb as a RHS on the half wall opens up space for both of them to get open shots with the puck on the right side on petey or quinn's stick.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
We got absolutely obliterated in that second period and that entire 20 minutes needs to be analyzed and talked about by the entire team, but anybody claiming we were outplayed the whole way is kidding themselves. We were better in the first, and played a solid third period after that onslaught of a 2nd. Fantastic work ethic all around to bring it home and #windaturd. This Vegas team is all forecheck, all the time. That's how they win. That needs to be the focal point moving forward because once that aspect is countered by concise and quick defensive zone outlets, we have more than a decent shot at this series. What a gutsy f***ing win against one of the best teams in the league. On to the next one boys.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
yep. somebody muted loui.

also, is it just me or is cassie really mailing it in. it felt like she was hosting a dinner party and just stepping out to do her bits.

Yeah, either some weird delay, or she was preoccupied with something else everytime she was asked a question.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Territorially and shot wise it wasn't too good but a win is a win. Liked the jam the team played with and the way most everyone was giving up their bodies to block shots and scramble the puck out of danger. Some real nice goals and near goals. Thought it was kind of rope a dope game with some good counter punching

Good

Markstrom - just huge - how long before Vegas starts running him

Pettersson - not just offensively, where he was something special, but also great two game. Delight to watch and maybe as good playoff game as Canuck forward has played. Maybe some can remember better but right off the top I can't (maybe Kesler against Nashville?)

Edler - was a horse all game. You forget sometimes there is physical element to his game. Real heavy Swede influence in this game

Miller - going to say he did more good than harm but there are still times when his errant passes put the team in tough position. Thought he might screw up the play coming out of his end on the open net goal but was more controlled there.

Stecher - was moving the puck well all game. And that seems to be a key here. You dilly dally with the puck or start moving the puck back into your zone and the Vegas forecheck eats you up. Saw Hughes do more of this in this game as well. Carrying the puck into their forecheck is simply not going to work.

Gaudette - that to me was the best Gaudette has looked. Showed very good speed getting to loose puck and carrying the play into the Vegas end. Great energy and was producing chances. If anything gave you some hope for the future in this game, I think it was Gaudette

Motte - great on the PK and basically carried the 4th line.

Horvat - back to being a monster. Killed it on the dot and good around the net. Strong game by Horvat

Sutter - not always great and skating is beginning to look more laboured. Still he was crucial on the PK and in a defensive role 5 on 5.

Bad

Virtanen - back to being mostly brain dead. Just seems to stall out and ends up not getting pressure on the puck in any zone. By the time he sees the play its too late to be effective. In the offensive zone he wrong sides the opponent by not getting on the defensive side. Often he will stop in the middle of the play, realize an opposing player on his side is getting the puck and then take a couple of tentative towards him, have the puck passed by him and end up well behind the play. In his end, Virtanen is not able to get down low along the boards to help the defense, prevent passes out to his point man or get any pressure on the point man when he does get the puck. Offensively, it is the same old take the puck in wide arc around the net and pass it back to the point (same thing we've seen for years). Rarely takes the puck to the net. Guess this a long winded way of saying he just isn't much very good hockey player. You just wish that he could sustain some level of play that would help the team. Getting Tuck out of the game seemed the only positive to me.

Others

Fantenburg/Benn - had their issues but somehow got by. Mostly in survival mode

Tanev/Hughes - continue to get pounded. Need to use wheels to get space and move the puck quickly out of the zone. D to D and out. Spending way too much time in their zone although that is not totally their fault. Adjusted to the forecheck a little better in this game but still lot of work to be done here.

Beagle - thought he looked a little gassed - having Motte out there with him was a Godsend.

Toffoli - can see he is not up to speed yet but he was going to the right spots and was deft with the puck . Having him on the PP ahead of Boeser helped

Reffing again very iffy. Ref is looking directly at the puck Boeser bounced off the boards and seems impossible to believe he couldn't see that. If his eyesight is that poor he needs to get his butt out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad