Post-Game Talk: WCSF GAME #2: Canucks 5, Knights 2 (Series tied 1 - 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
We just can’t seem to shake this fool Sutherland. Always seems to be screwing the Canucks over. Whenever there’s a controversial call he just somehow seems to be reffing that particular game. I hope to god this guy doesn’t call something that will cost us a series. I still remember this wonderful Sutherland call (below). Also D. Sedin getting a penalty when Marchand was punching him in the face was him as well. Another incident involving D. Sedin was the Kadri hit, Sutherland was officiating that game as well could have called it a penalty (which very clearly it was) but didn’t do shit. I don’t want this guy reffing anymore of our games there’s just too many incidents between him and this team it’s ridiculous.

Kadri got a major on the play it was the DPOS that dropped the ball with Kadri (exact same hit Wilson threw that got him 20 games)

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Markstrom, Pettersson and Horvat just killing it. Markstrom is by far the saves leader in the playoffs so far. Almost 100 more saves than number 2. If we make the finals he’s getting the Vezina.
sLRJG1SBEXjTXUWNBqFY97Xo5V6v7RJSdZIckkzMe8oJxDPiSktAU19ppblgwfo7kktkmYyyzBMAOWxLyZW5sWC0d8S5lw9JKXgs0puXGT3dyWaNRSAKp6RqhY2X0i1p_fdYZk6pS89S

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
There's the NHL rulebook.

Then there's the NHL's Canucks rulebook (Canucks are fair game)

And finally there's the NHL's Boston rulebook and officials.

Rome was a victim of the latter two.

Hoping we will face the same adversity a couple of series from now . . .
It might just come down to: we are not a big eastern city, or: they can't keep awake (dirty night life)

Bourdon

Mar 20, 2007
It’s bad. Very bad. The easy way to look at it is that 40 shots made it on net (saves), with 37 blocks, and 16 shots going wide.

Vegas peppered the Canucks.
And yet, high danger chances were 9-9. xGF were 2.19 Vegas, 1.72 Vancouver. Not ideal, but also not the worst. It's the high danger quality chances that the Canucks coaching staff specifically try to win. There's a really good article on the Athletic on how the coaching staff uses analytics to make changes game to game and tonight, it worked. HDCF were 11-6 Vegas in game 1.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
And yet, high danger chances were 9-9. xGF were 2.19 Vegas, 1.72 Vancouver. Not ideal, but also not the worst. It's the high danger quality chances that the Canucks coaching staff specifically try to win. There's a really good article on the Athletic on how the coaching staff uses analytics to make changes game to game and tonight, it worked. HDCF were 11-6 Vegas in game 1.

HDSC is a less predictive measure than CF%.

Generally, teams put up 1 HDSC for every 5.5 shots. Therefore, even the HDSC will be tilted toward Vegas eventually.

If the coaching staff is willing to continually give up this great a degree in CF%, this team is going to lose more than it wins on average.

Last edited:

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
great bounce back statement game....i'll explain

Petey and Horvat have gone again to another level and give us a big edge down the middle. As does Marky. Those are pretty important positions

Toffoli makes us that much more dangerous and i loved that no one seemed as happy for Toffoli as Boeser. This is a special group that genuinely like each other and have high character. That has value and were watching it.

Physically....Edler was a beast this game. Beauty pass to Petey on his goal and i loved the cross check on Smith as that clowns run at Petey and his pitchfork on Edler had him seeing red. I hope he gets what he deserves. Some nice truckulance as well in this one from Miller Beagle Fanta and Virtanen that rocked a few bodies and served notice. Roussel has been annoying but hasn't gotten under their skin enough to take penalties and the refs are having none of it....It's really a non issue as Reaves sat on the bench and seems to be smart enough to not take the bait.Especially loved Virtanen smacking Tuch. they needed to rattle that guy as he's been flying around being disruptive without much push back.

Have to give Green kudos once again for his adjustments and nice to see that our counterattacking skills can counter their relentless fore check and has to have them a bit concerned. Need to work on the flip pass like Vegas is using as i dont think their D is that good once we can get them turning outside of Theodore Martinez and Schmidt.Have to be able to keep from getting squeezed down low which is their bread and butter

This is a really fun ride and this team oozes character right now. With Marky being a wall and Petey asserting himself at another level you never know what could become of this. Can't wait to find out
Good Post
I bolded this last line for one reason: okay, a few reasons, I scratched something that oozes..back to the point.
As we all mentioned, a healthy Tyler T makes this a whole new ball game, and there is something here...

This team is smelling more and more like '94...
..or is that just me?

Note to Self: shower more during covid

HockeyNightInAsia

Mar 22, 2020
Brian Burke talked about how Vegas’ only right handed d man is Zachary Whitecloud.
I think that’s an advantage to exploit.

Yeah seemed Nucks were forcing more pucks to that point in the first period for sure. Knights will surely adjust though.

Absolutely love it how Nucks have all the heart, blocked shots etc. It's certainly a series now! And I kind of feel Hughes will still be a crucial factor as he gradually adjusts to it.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Can't wait to Myers gets back. That Benn-Fanta pairing is getting feasted on and they are blackholes on the offensive side of things.

Reactions: Indiana

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I'm not sure what is better:

1) Marchessault sitting in his hotel room right now, blocking hundreds of Canucks fans manually
2) Marchessault not being able to fall asleep until late, late tonight because he's so heated from instagram comments

how about a bit of both? he has 1 day to recollect his thoughts or else thursday evening, his ig is gonna get bombarded by trolls/fans

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I was hearing something about exploiting Whitecloud on the SN650 broadcast but didn't know what it was
Lay the smackdown on his candyass? LOL beagle basically baited him and in a split second he spins away and down goes whitecloud into his own bench! LOL that was the hightlight of the night for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad