WCQF: Wild vs. Stars Series Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
FSN must have some deal where they get to broadcast round 1. The last couple years they blacked the game out for me on NBCSN and so I had to watch the HS level broadcasting crew of FSN. If they didn't black out NBCSN, only about 1 in 10 people would watch FSN.

It's included in the NBC TV deal that local RSN's get to broadcast round 1 in their areas, with NBC having exclusive rights to everything from rounds 2 and on. Previously, local RSN's were able to broadcast rounds 1 and two.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
Hard to believe in this team with the losing streak to end the season. They better prove me wrong and be ready for the playoffs and beat the Stars. We need another Wild-Hawks series :laugh:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I just don't see it this year. They don't have a killer instinct going into the playoffs and with ZP and Haula already D2D with injuries doesn't bode well. They'll need Haula for Benn and Seguin line.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
I have pretty low expectations for this. I could see Dallas with the sweep. I could also see the Wild winning in 6, basically shocking most pundits like last year when the Wild beat the Blues in 6 at their own game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild have to stay at home defensively, win, or at least tie the special teams battle, and counterpunch offensively. Zucker and Haula would help with that, big time.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I'm sure Dallas fans don't feel any better. Hey you're the best team in the west, here's your reward: starting on Thursday at 8:30.

At least none of our games are on USA. That would be the ultimate kick in the nuts.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
The start times shouldn't be a surprise anymore. Eastern teams start at 6, west at 830 or 9, 930. This is nothing new in order to get doubleheaders on air.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I'm a little more optimistic than the rest of you guys, though maybe I'm just clouded by emotion and bloodlust. I'm hoping the emotional weight of the series gives the players--especially the natives--an extra step or two. Lord knows it worked the first regular-season game against Dallas back in 2000.

I do think it's noteworthy that we actually had a winning record if you take out the new OT format--we were 34-33 in regulation. Since there's no 3-on-3 in the playoffs, I would expect us to (slightly) outperform our record. Remember, Dallas beat us 3 times in OT, and we generally actually looked half-decent against them 5-on-5.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Another year, anothe big fat ****ing shaft up the central time zones ass thanks to the league force feeding the eastern conference down everyone's ****ing throat. **** off NBC. I want to watch my team, not the teams you want me to watch. **** the leastern conference.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Another year, anothe big fat ****ing shaft up the central time zones ass thanks to the league force feeding the eastern conference down everyone's ****ing throat. **** off NBC. I want to watch my team, not the teams you want me to watch. **** the leastern conference.
Yeah, it just didn't feel right when you were a moderator. :laugh: Vent on.......

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Would an early game at weekend hurt? 3:00 PM start or something would really help a lot for example if Game 2 started at that time. I'm not too fond of all these starting times. It's probably some eastern teams who get early starts at weekends again.

4:30 am
3:00 am
3:30 am
4:30 am

Edit: It'll be 10:00 PM starts in Finnish time for the next weekend. Saturday we get NYR-PIT and Sunday it'll be STL-CHI at the aforementioned time. Gotta start planning how that saturday works, is it gonna be NYR-PIT from 10PM to 1AM, two hours of sleep and then the Wild game or should I skip sleeping...

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I have got to be honest. I'm more excited about the Draft than this post season. Not because I want us to lose but because we will.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
To be honest I really don't mind the late starts.

I like having the Eastern Conference games on early, and I usually go to bed around midnight anyways, so it's not too much of a burden for me if they start at 8:30

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Hey boys I'm here to jump on your bandwagon. I picked Wild in 7. We've got more experience and these pretty boys in Dallas fancy game won't hold up long.

Who's our edgiest player this season?

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Okay, lets acknowledge one fact. We made the playoffs, 16 teams did, 14 didn't. Everyone wants to make the playoffs. Let's be a bit hyped that we get to see the best championship format there is in the world, with our beloved team in. Let's ****ing do this. Anything can happen, even how phlegmatic the team has looked.

...maybe it's a trap! Elaborate plan to show them all!

tumblr_o5g6ap13f21szdb1do1_1280.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad