WCQF: Wild vs. Stars Series Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Wild in 5. Look at their roster and convince me that's a team to win a playoffs series. They're not.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wild lose in four or five but minimal changes over the off-season because we made the playoffs, everything was good, successful season, we'll get em' next year, we're on the path to success, blah blah blah.

I'm feelin this

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The overall pessimism is depressing on these boards. I think we will win this series because we tend to get up for the big games.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Voted Stars in 6. That being said we win game 6 we win the series. Other than the Hawks there is not another team I want the wild to beat so bad as the Stars. Make it so boys!

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
The Sioux win last night, breaking their funk! The Wild will do this too. Kick the **** out of the Stars (where hockey shouldn't even be) and then beat the hell out of the Hawks in the 2nd round, revenge for '03 in the CFs against Anaheim and then finally we knock off Pittsburgh in finals to avenge '91! This is the year baby!

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Ok I voted. Closed my eyes and tapped randomly my mobile screen. Wild in 7, actually like it.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Wild can definitely win this series. I see this going very similar to last year versus the Blues. There will be games where we frustrate the hell out them and force the Stars to take bad penalties and be careless defensively. Then there will be games where Dallas dominates and blows us out the water by 3 or 4 goals.

Really though, the first round series isn't what I'm worried about. At this point the Wild need to show real progress, meaning we get past the second round and likely a powerhouse like Chicago, LA, or ANA. Anything less than that and I see big changes, not only to the roster but the front office as well. Last year we were stagnating and now this year we are regressing.

It's great that this team finds the motivation to actually put forth a full effort when our backs are against the wall but that's the exact reason why we continue to find ourselves in tough situations. The Wild have the talent and ability to be a team that finishes in the top-3 of the conference. Think about what a difference it would make if this team was going into a first round series with home-ice advantage against a team like Nashville or Colorado or San Jose instead of facing a top-seed.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Oh come on!!!!!

[Tweet]719189607909187584[/MEDIA]

[Tweet]719211193903091713[/MEDIA]

[Tweet]719211938765377536[/MEDIA]

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Sure, I think the Wild are more than capable of winning the series, but I have absolutely zero faith in them being able to put together the complete games they will need to beat the Stars. This team has got tons of skill, but it keeps putting its mental game back together with duct tape and chewing gum.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I seriously wonder if the Wild can even win one game in this series.

Also, for the first time ever, I think it is time to strip the "C" from Mikko, and give it to someone else, and for crying out loud, get Suter off the PP.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Stars don't scare me. I was way more nervous last year when we faced the Blues.

Also, for the first time ever, I think it is time to strip the "C" from Mikko, and give it to someone else, and for crying out loud, get Suter off the PP.

Based on what, exactly?

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Didnt watch the full game yesterday, any idea of what Haula injury is? (hit, blocked shot, etc)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Please don't tell me we have to watch round 1 on FSN again....

We're probably going to have to watch most of the series on FSN.

Hopefully we get a new color commentator over the summer, but this organization seems so change-resistant that I wouldn't get my hopes up.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

And give it to who? There isn't anyone deserving of it...hasn't been all year.

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
We're probably going to have to watch most of the series on FSN.

Hopefully we get a new color commentator over the summer, but this organization seems so change-resistant that I wouldn't get my hopes up.

FSN must have some deal where they get to broadcast round 1. The last couple years they blacked the game out for me on NBCSN and so I had to watch the HS level broadcasting crew of FSN. If they didn't black out NBCSN, only about 1 in 10 people would watch FSN.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Too many slumpers at the moment. They'd especially need Zucker to step up. Stars is a very beatable team, though. Got lucky with the matchup but will fall short (DAL in 6) because of key guys not having enough input. Prove me wrong, Wild! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad