WCF | GM5 | Edmonton Oilers at Dallas Stars | 7:30PM CT | TNT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Skinner first goal on his 3rd shot tonight

How dare you....
You not beating my man and his pristine positioning.

1717186960022.png

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Will be a good one tonight. No doubt Stars will attempt to respond tonight. Deboer will have adjustments at the ready, he really did need them after Game 3 as a lot of his tricks stopped working and got neutralized.

In any case, good luck tonight Stars. Should be a fun one.

Reactions: Kcb12345

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
The best player in the world couldn't get Nuge, Strome, Eberle, Hall , Jokinen and atleast a dozen others close to 40 goals in the previous 7 yrs.

It is really not easy to be a linemate of McDavid as proven by history. Luckily Hyman clicked and both helped each other and their line/team to extra production.

Hyman going to the dirty areas and cleaning up the chances helped McD get to 100 assists.

Win-win for all other than TML fans

This is so true. To this day the players that have had the most success playing with Connor (besides Leon) are Hyman and Maroon.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
I'll give Edmonton one thing this year that they are doing that I didn't see too much of last year in the playoffs. They are making adjustments and playing to more than one strength. Don't know if it's the coach or the players buying in a little more?

Reactions: zar

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
It's risky if Tanev plays tonight unless he is sure he can go the full 60. The Oilers will absolutely go at him and if he ends up having to sit out then his team will be down to 5 d-men and they will be cooked. Might be better for him to sit out tonight and rest, and then come in for an elimination game if the Stars lose.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
My bold predictions for the game

- Goaltending will be key, Skinner and Oettinger are NHL goalies and their job is to let in as a few goals as possible during regulation, should the game be tied, it will go to OT and the first goalie to allow a legal goal will be part of the losing team. This is key.

- The forward core for both teams need to score goals to help their team. The defensemen are welcome to score too, but it is imperative they play a well rounded defensive game too. Otherwise, the other team will have opportunities to score and that could potentially lead to allowing a goal, and when playing defense, you don't want that. This is key.

- Penalties. It is important for both teams to not incur a penalty, or multiple penalties. This will lead to being on a penalty kill and increasing the likelihood of getting scored on. I would recommend to avoid receiving a penalty. This is key.

- Oilers probably win tonight, or probably the Stars win, it will be one of these teams. This is key.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'll give Edmonton one thing this year that they are doing that I didn't see too much of last year in the playoffs. They are making adjustments and playing to more than one strength. Don't know if it's the coach or the players buying in a little more?
Coach more so than anything else. Buy in has never been the issue, the character in this room buys into whatever they think will lead to wins. They were buying into the wrong messages from Woody in years past.

Reactions: Hextallent63

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
My bold predictions for the game

- Goaltending will be key, Skinner and Oettinger are NHL goalies and their job is to let in as a few goals as possible during regulation, should the game be tied, it will go to OT and the first goalie to allow a legal goal will be part of the losing team. This is key.

- The forward core for both teams need to score goals to help their team. The defensemen are welcome to score too, but it is imperative they play a well rounded defensive game too. Otherwise, the other team will have opportunities to score and that could potentially lead to allowing a goal, and when playing defense, you don't want that. This is key.

- Penalties. It is important for both teams to not incur a penalty, or multiple penalties. This will lead to being on a penalty kill and increasing the likelihood of getting scored on. I would recommend to avoid receiving a penalty. This is key.

- Oilers probably win tonight, or probably the Stars win, it will be one of these teams. This is key.
You’re wild.

Reactions: SharksCyclops

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I think Edmonton is winning in 6 games. Wasn't a believer before game 4 but that game showed me this team has turned a page in the playoffs. I think they have that killer instinct and will win 4-1 tonight.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Nice to see Jackie doing hockey instead of that staged wrestling stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad