WCF | GM5 | Edmonton Oilers at Dallas Stars | 7:30PM CT | TNT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Other than Tanev not being able to go, Edmonton fans should really be hoping to see Bichsel in the lineup tonight for Dallas.

He's a very undisciplined player who took a ton of costly penalties at the AHL level this season. Sometimes multiple in one game. Very physical player as well and often times gets caught out of position going for physical plays.

He's physically a NHL player but probably still a season or 2 off from being a regular. Not a fun guy to face in board battles though. Strong and huge defender. You can almost guarantee he will be delivering some big cross-checks out there tonight lol

Also, he's slow to move the puck sometimes. I can't tell if it's insane patience or slow decision making yet

Is there a reason Nils Lundkvist doesn't seem to be an option at all?

I don't know a ton about the player, but I can't imagine he would be any more of a liability than Petrovic or a raw rookie with 0 NHL games. He isn't listed as injured anywhere as far as I can tell.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Agreed. Also....Hyman was usually with Matthews was he not? Hmm.....Matthews sniper. McDavid playmaker.

Hmmmmmm........
Let's also not forget all the chum Mcdavid played with that did not score 50 with him, Hall, Eberle, Lucic, Ratty, Kassian, Peron.... etc

Shouldn't they have all hit 50 with McDavid as well?

No, Hyman is that good.

A walking boot is literally a hard sock.

Tanev will play, he's that kind of guy. However I don't know how well he will do. He is slow enough already without a foot injury.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Is there a reason Nils Lundkvist doesn't seem to be an option at all?

I don't know a ton about the player, but I can't imagine he would be any more of a liability than Petrovic or a raw rookie with 0 NHL games. He isn't listed as injured anywhere as far as I can tell.

DeBoer does not like him and he's not a shutdown type stay at home defender. Not strong either so loses battles along the boards and in front of the net sometimes.

Reactions: K1984

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Yes but this is HF so let me remind you.

1. McD sucks and a selfish player and the reason the Oil haven't won the cup - he will ask for a trade soon.
2. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Drai.
3. Despied McD not being good, he's carrying Bouch
4. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Hyman
5. Despited McD not being good, he's carrying RNH
6. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Kane

Not my narrative but that is how it works. Somehow every guy above absolutely sucks and is being carried. And Powerplay merchants, don't forget PP merchants.lol
Give me a break… you forgot that he is the GM as well!! :sarcasm:

Last edited:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Last game....after it was 2-0 I went and poured a stiff Crown n Coke. Like 50-50. First drink of the series!

Before I finished it, we were tied. By the time I was half way through my 2nd, we were winning.

Tonight is Friday. We need a win. There's no f***ing around. I am pouring a drink the minute I am off work ;)
Where do I send the bottle… DM me your address! 🤣

Reactions: dukeofjive

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I gotcha. Walkin' that real, real, real, fine thin line, just stickin' that toe just a little bit into the freezing water, but not all the way. Well done. You wouldn't happen to be a lawyer, would you? ;):laugh:

And BTW man, you can't hurt Crown with Coke like that! You're essentially adding WD-40 to it. No, chilled straight up or on the rocks. Maybe a Schweppe's ginger ale at most, and most certainly not Canada Dry.

I like Crown straight up too.....but the problem there I am a gulper not a sipper. I don't wanna be a statistic.....or maybeI content with the ones that I am....;)

And no, not a lawyer. Though my wife and her family have told me I shoulda been....she calls me Judge sometimes lol Funny thing, I actually told our lawyer the other day on a business matter to "you guys do this on purpose to confuse people....cut the lawyer bullshit and tell me what this means like I am an idiot". He laughed. I haven't gotten the bill yet.

• Haha
Reactions: Spaced Cowboy

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Let's also not forget all the chum Mcdavid played with that did not score 50 with him, Hall, Eberle, Lucic, Ratty, Kassian, Peron.... etc

No, Hyman is that good.

A walking boot is literally a hard sock.

Tanev will play, he's that kind of guy. However I don't know how well he will do. He is slow enough already without a foot injury.

And if ANYONE ever got carried by McDavid it was Maroon.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
This game is totally unpredictable based on the series so far. Two goals up in the first minute... still don't know anything about how it's going to be.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Is anyone else at least slightly curious or excited to potentially see Bischel? Sounds like he brings chaos giraffe vibes. Could absolutely dummy some Oilers or be the dummy himself and get walked.

An appropriately paid Nurse if you will

Reactions: SolidusAKA

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Is anyone else at least slightly curious or excited to potentially see Bischel? Sounds like he brings chaos giraffe vibes. Could absolutely dummy some Oilers or be the dummy himself and get walked.

Bischel is already a top-4 defenseman on basically every team in the NHL?

• Haha
Reactions: Dr Pepper and JKG33

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

He's big, mean, and physical. Built for playoff hockey, but his game on the ice imo isn't ready yet.

Kinda wish we'd bring him in just for fun for Petrovic even if Tanev can go but it won't happen.

Reactions: JKG33

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Let's go Oilers!

But if you win, Dallas, you're my plan B since the Rangers pretty much blew their series last night.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Yes but this is HF so let me remind you.

1. McD sucks and a selfish player and the reason the Oil haven't won the cup - he will ask for a trade soon.
2. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Drai.
3. Despied McD not being good, he's carrying Bouch
4. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Hyman
5. Despited McD not being good, he's carrying RNH
6. Despite McD not being good, he's carrying Kane

Not my narrative but that is how it works. Somehow every guy above absolutely sucks and is being carried. And Powerplay merchants, don't forget PP merchants.lol
1. McDavid "is on serious run to try and break Gretzky's playoff record .."
2. "When will Bouchard be considered elite"
3. "Draisaitl one of best playoff performers in history"
4. "Nurse destroying McDavids chance at cup"

Theses an odd fan divide w the Oilers.

When times are good .. Oiler fans say they have the best player in the world, Drai is best playoff performer ever and Bouchard is the best 200 foot defensemen in the game.

When its bad .... its flawed roster .. mcdavid needs help .. Nurse .. no depth .. blah blah blah

----

Also .. who the hell says McDavid is not good? Weirdest "im the victim" statement. McDavid is universally considered the best player in the world by a long shot .. no one is saying otherwise.

Such a sentitive buch

Reactions: sanscosm and JKG33

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

No, Hyman is that good.
There's still a lot of salty people on our boards, while it does sting to see Hyman playing well and playing in the WCF, he never would have achieved this in Toronto. He's just the perfect for McDavid, McDavid also wouldn't have 100 assists without Hyman. How he crashes the net, wins puck battles and almost always has his stick down ready to accept a pass/deflect/take a shot. Guys a horse.

Lots of guys make the league because their dads are rich ;) Hyman made it purely off of his insane compete level and hockey IQ, stud.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
1. McDavid "is on serious run to try and break Gretzky's playoff record .."
2. "When will Bouchard be considered elite"
3. "Draisaitl one of best playoff performers in history"
4. "Nurse destroying McDavids chance at cup"

Theses an odd fan divide w the Oilers.

When times are good .. Oiler fans say they have the best player in the world, Drai is best playoff performer ever and Bouchard is the best 200 foot defensemen in the game.

When its bad .... its flawed roster .. mcdavid needs help .. Nurse .. no depth .. blah blah blah

----

Also .. who the hell says McDavid is not good? Weirdest "im the victim" statement. McDavid is universally considered the best player in the world by a long shot .. no one is saying otherwise.

Such a sentitive buch
This post literally makes zero sense, and is filled with inaccurate claims.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Oilers with a decisive victory here tonight. They're the better team and will show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad