WCF | GM5 | Edmonton Oilers at Dallas Stars | 7:30PM CT | TNT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Biggest game of the year for these teams, not sure either one can afford to go down 3-2, though DAL has shown the ability to win 2 in a row this series.

EDM came back from 3-2 last series but repeatedly putting your head on the block is not a good strategy, unless youre the 2013 Kings...Need to steal one on the road here.

If Tanev is out it's as must win as it gets. Can't have the disaster from last year reoccur, where Vegas won with Pietro out.
Vegas won with Petro and Nurse out

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Nugent Hopkins just put up 37 goals and over 100 points last year playing a bulk of his minutes with McDavid. Hall and Eberle left at soon as McDavid got there. Just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing if it sticks now?

Over half of Nuge's 104 points came on the PP. He only had 10 less ES points this year.

Regardless, this is going nowhere and has nothing to do with the series at hand.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
EDM has been the better team for the majority of the series, and they have the best players in the world. They should be in the finals, and everyone would be better for it.

The PP needs to have a good game, if the Oil want to win this series. Admittedly, DAL have scored 0 PP goals as well, but normally you don't win a series while having a bad PP.

EDM is proving to everyone they are possibly the best team in the NHL. I think they are.
Problem is the Oilers don't get any PPs.

Hard to get it going when there are almost no opportunities to work on it.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Carried him in this sense means he wouldn't sniff 50 goals without the best player in the world feeding him pucks. The guy played with good players in Toronto and had trouble getting 20 sometimes. He may be a late bloomer but he isn't doubling his production because of it.
It's called chemistry, and he has it with mcdavid. There games mesh and complimemt each other. Famcy that. Lots of people have played with Conor amd haven't sniffed 50. Let's give credit were credit is due

IB

Aug 20, 2009
De Boer being outcoached again, story of his career, hence a highly touted guy has been with a few teams already.

HNIC interview he admitted that he is letting his vets run things. That is fine if your team game is good but that is not what we are seeing on the ice. Dallas being outplayed, I think there is some arrogance here. The perception of a deep lineup is not translating on the ice, very little sustained pressure and players are disconnected. PDB needs to manage things much better create a bit of energy using the tools at his disposal. Mix lines, adjust ice time, be emotional. Series is tied 2-2 because of Skinner that is the only reason. Stars need to play much better IMO to close this out in the next 2 or 3 games.

Reactions: GrumpyKoala

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Weather he plays or not, he isn't gonna be any were near as efficient and most likely is gonna b a little gun shy on blocking shots. Oilers have to take advantage of this right from the get go

He's been victimized already a number of times in the series. However I would imagine they'd rather have him playing those minutes as opposed to Suter or Petrovic.

Also it's gameday!

I deserve pizza

Reactions: Oilslick941611

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Fine. That can cut both ways. Heiskanen, Harley, and Lindell can do the same when Bouchard and Eckholm are on the ice. Ya know, the Marchand quote.

If you read my subsequent post on the issue....you would get what I am saying.

Yep. None of that cheap ticky tack shit Calgary did on Drai's ankle though.
Just bring the game to him and make him play it hard.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Good time for the Oilers to develop a habit of winning some games in a row.
Bring a commitment to win and not just “hang” with the opposition.,

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Good time for the Oilers to develop a habit of winning some games in a row.
Bring a commitment to win and not just “hang” with the opposition.,

Last game....after it was 2-0 I went and poured a stiff Crown n Coke. Like 50-50. First drink of the series!

Before I finished it, we were tied. By the time I was half way through my 2nd, we were winning.

Tonight is Friday. We need a win. There's no f***ing around. I am pouring a drink the minute I am off work ;)

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Oilers need the pp to make an appearance. Also scoring a 3rd period goal on a goalie would be a welcome sight.
200.gif

If you read my subsequent post on the issue....you would get what I am saying.

I gotcha. Walkin' that real, real, real, fine thin line, just stickin' that toe just a little bit into the freezing water, but not all the way. Well done. You wouldn't happen to be a lawyer, would you? ;):laugh:

And BTW man, you can't hurt Crown with Coke like that! You're essentially adding WD-40 to it. No, chilled straight up or on the rocks. Maybe a Schweppe's ginger ale at most, and most certainly not Canada Dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad