Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Why would depth win in a series?

Is there a long list of 'deep teams' with absolutely no star power win a bunch of cups?
let me guess--oiler fan? you guys are up against a legit goalie and team with proper depth. Enjoy the golf course

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He's not a #1 D until he can play with a "lesser than" D and make him look good.

Pair him with Ceci; then we'll talk.

Yes, he's a great Offensive D, but Ekholm carries that line defensively.
He also has point totals inflated by who he plays with, Bouchard playing on Edmonton wouldn’t be Bouchard playing on other teams. He plays more like an average to above average 2nd pairing guy

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Oh ya, is Benn past his prime? And Kane is in his prime? And still being out scored by Benn?

What you're saying is asinine.
Kane has been injured including a serious injury last year and is currently playing with sports hernia. Benn has 1 more point this playoffs in 1 more game played as well as averaging 2 more minutes a game and I'm sure a hell of a lot more PP TIME.

I don't think there's ever been a point in their careers where Kane has been better than Benn.
Benn was a stud not doubt, but he hasn't aged well. And I would definitely take Kane the last few years despite injury over Benn. And im not even a bug fan of kane

• Haha
Reactions: Three On Zero

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don't think there's ever been a point in their careers where Kane has been better than Benn.
Benn at his absolute peak was twice the play Kane has ever been, just a terrible comparison to even mention them together.

Kane has been washed up for awhile now.

Reactions: JKG33 and LT

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
Kane has been injured including a serious injury last year and is currently playing with sports hernia. Benn has 1 more point this playoffs in 1 more game played as well as averaging 2 more minutes a game and I'm sure a hell of a lot more PP TIME.

Benn was a stud not doubt, but he hasn't aged well. And I would definitely take Kane the last few years despite injury over Benn. And im not even a bug fan of kane
What was Kane's excuse for every other year of their careers?

The bum produces more and and stays healthy. But you can keep the gimp.

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine

It gets worse for your case.

Kane hasn't scored 60pts in his career, Benn did it this year (past his prime bum). Kane's injury last year didn't matter, he wasn't scoring 78pts like Benn did (see previous sentence).

Reactions: Three On Zero

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
kane is the oilers 5th best fwd why are we comparing him to jamie benn anyway?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
other than goaltending the teams match up very similar imo. Deboer better be working his PK units in teh classroom because if the dallas PK doesnt improve they might not be able to capitalize on skinners 1-3 goals (bad goals) each game

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Lost in all the bitter Canuck/Flames/Leaf fans desperate to suggest otherwise here are the facts on the Oilers and Stars:

Oilers hired Knoblauch after 12 games.

Over that final 70 game stretch, the Oilers were:
1st in wins
1st in points/game
2nd in GF/G
5th in GA/G
3rd on the PP
7th on the PK
2nd in shots for per game
4th in shots against

Over that same stretch the Stars were:
Tied 4th in wins
3rd in points/g
3rd in GF/g
8th in GA/g
4th on the PP
14th on the PK
10th in shots/g
5th in shots against/g

Hell even in faceoffs they were 3rd and 1st respectively.

If you start digging deeper into shot metrics at 5v5 for things like xGF%, corsi etc the teams were both shockingly close in almost every metric and top teams across the board.

The reality is there is precious little to choose between these two teams based on performance and they are the two best teams in the West.

They both deserve to be in these conference finals and it’s going to be a hell of a series.

Factor in the Rangers and Panthers from the East and it’s a hell of a final 4. Much stronger than most years. Whoever wins the cup is going to go through hell in the next two series to get there.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Interesting tidbit to add, oilers lead the current teams in playoffs with 28 5 v 5 goals lolol. Who would of thought those PP merchants leading that category

archangel2

May 19, 2019
I think the Canucks have all the tee times booked....

.......and oiler fans thought it would be a walk in the park over vancouver. Without out two best players we nearly took the oilers out. Oilers are playing a legit team and it will be over quick. Skinner and his .880 save percentage will only get worse. I would not be shocked to see Campbell by game 4

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Interesting tidbit to add, oilers lead the current teams in playoffs with 28 5 v 5 goals lolol. Who would of thought those PP merchants leading that category

Correct. They also lead the playoffs in goals against at 5 on 5 with 26. Doesn't that point to what we already know? They are an offensive driven team led by a handful of players?

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I mean Benn is probably around the Stars 5th best forward right now so I guess it's a fair comparison
I would wager with how Johnston and Stankoven have looked, he’s even farther down.

Benn at 34 is lapping Kane, sure Kane was injured but let’s not over react to how bad it was

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think McDavid has more to give this playoffs, Oilers will need that if they are to get past Dallas. Which if you are an Oilers fan gives hope.

Skinner has also got to be a tad better this series. Dallas is a very tough opponent though. Should be a great series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad