Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
  • Haha
Reactions: Coffey

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
On the line that says when a post was posted theres a bookmark button, right next to the post number.

Nice to hear from you instead of just getting laugh reacts :sarcasm:

Oetter is leading every goalie remaining at 5v5, I think if Stars won it all there's easily an argument for him.
It's bookmarked lol

Playoffsareoverrated

Jan 23, 2021
Espoo, Finalnd
Do you like +/-? He's on a streak of dominating that old shitty stat.

Do you like modern shot or scoring chance based stats? Well, he's eating those up as well.

View attachment 876145
This is a perfect example of trolling, which is quite sad since we were trying to have a serious conversation. Let me explain why. Cherry-picking an exact sample size that fits your narrative is misleading and is basically trolling.

First of all, the Avalanche series was over when Nichushkin was out. So, basically, the stat-padding that Miro did in those last games does not have much impact on the outcome of the series or on this playoff run at all. Spoiler: the Stars would have won anyway!

Then we get to the real point of why I don't have Heiskanen as my Conn Smythe frontrunner. He was close to garbage against Vegas in the games they lost. In those three wins by Vegas, Heiskanen had a total of -6. I repeat, -6! Those were one- and two-goal games. No wonder you wanted to pick a sample size since game 2 of the 2nd round.

But I have to give credit where credit is due. At least you tried to provide some context and proper arguments to this discussion instead of just blindly praising Miro and living in the moment.

I'm a Kings fan that actually largely dislikes the Stars

Go figure I try to give one a compliment and the most vociferous 'well actually' guy that's supposedly a Stars fan and a Finn comes out of the woods to tell me why I shouldn't

so I'll just go continue f***ing myself I guess :laugh:
We Finns tend to be honest and modest people. We just say how things really are and don't try to over hype or lie about our achievements. That's why I'm honest about Miro's current run.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
This is a perfect example of trolling, which is quite sad since we were trying to have a serious conversation. Let me explain why. Cherry-picking an exact sample size that fits your narrative is misleading and is basically trolling.

First of all, the Avalanche series was over when Nichushkin was out. So, basically, the stat-padding that Miro did in those last games does not have much impact on the outcome of the series or on this playoff run at all. Spoiler: the Stars would have won anyway!

Then we get to the real point of why I don't have Heiskanen as my Conn Smythe frontrunner. He was close to garbage against Vegas in the games they lost. In those three wins by Vegas, Heiskanen had a total of -6. I repeat, -6! Those were one- and two-goal games. No wonder you wanted to pick a sample size since game 2 of the 2nd round.

But I have to give credit where credit is due. At least you tried to provide some context and proper arguments to this discussion instead of just blindly praising Miro and living in the moment.

We Finns tend to be honest and modest people. We just say how things really are and don't try to over hype or lie about our achievements. That's why I'm honest about Miro's current run.
The NHL loves doing this for obscure "records"

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
That's just straight-up delusional. Or maybe you are just looking at points. By the way, it's really easy to get points when you are playing behind one of the most talented offenses in NHL's modern history and getting big minutes.

I'd recommend you watch some of Heiskanen's current advanced statistics. Yes, I have to admit that heavy minutes decrease numbers a little bit, but still, he has been straight-up average at best in advanced statistics. To name a few, such as Corsi % and the difference between his on-ice and off-ice expected goals %.

His overall impact when he is on the ice versus when he is not on the ice is very little compared to other real superstars in the game.

But yeah, the Stars have so many good players who are all producing, and their offense is especially stacked. But they don't have a real superstar, so Heiskanen might eventually win the Conn Smythe, and as a Finn, I would be pleased if he does. But I'm just being realistic, even though I'm a fan of his.
He is an anomaly when it comes to advanced stats in that hes very average but that's why they should be used as a complimentary tool for evaluating a player and not the sole measure.

If you watch the games you'll see he's been shutting down mcdavid since mcdavid entered the league. He might not be on the same level as makar and hughes offensively, but he's better than both defensively and 100% in the conversation for the conn smyth if the stars make it. Him, Benn and otter have been their best players so far this series.

Reactions: Blue and Green

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
If the Czechs can win a Skoda.. then the oil can upset the stars.lol.

Expecting a good game. Sounds like Henrique and Perry are back in.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Well, I was referring to the team/organization. I haven't bothered to read comments from Oilers fans. Knoblauch, though, made it sound like their game plan is to score on the PP.

He was merely saying in a tight game it can make the difference. And it can. Especially for a team with a potent PP like that in 1 goal games. Plus, as someone else said....he was answering a question.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I hate the constant ref bitching. It truly is universal. But can you honestly say the calls have been fairly distributed?

I have no problem whatsoever for the non calls against Dallas except for one which I'll get into next. But those same non calls are not being afforded to Edmonton. But that happens and teams need to deal with it. Knows response was prob not in reference to just last game but most of the POs as well. Again, not bitching about not getting calls, more like not getting same calls.

One blatant penalty that was purposely ignored for obvious game management was the game 1 breakaway when Heiskanen slashed Holloway. That play is almost as automatic a penalty as over the glass ones.
They missed a pretty obvious elbow to Stankhoven in game 2. It didn't look intentional and it didn't affect play, so I can see why playoff refs would let it go.

From all the moaning, I guess some Oil fans would have preferred the refs call Stank for "being too short" or the even rarer "Impersonating a Pinata" call. Just a joke, and a reference to the Hatcher days, when our announcers often lamented that he got high hit and elbowing calls because he was "too tall."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad