WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Honestly I keep hearing gripes about the camera angle at Stars games - and it's relentless - but I guess I've just been watching their games for long enough that I don't even notice the diffrence. The way some folks go on, you'd think the cameraman's sitting in a regular seat amongst the fans and we're all looking at the back of a jersey all game.

LIke I'm not going to tune into to tonight's game at MSG and think it's a completely different vantage point from the Dallas arena. :dunno:
Eh it's pretty bad.. Can't even tell what's happening near the boards before the OT goal.

1716574049862.png

Similar angle in Vancouver

1716574110362.png

The Stars camera has really shitty placement. No way around it.

Even Mullett was better.

1716574176266.png

millax

Dec 24, 2005
Honestly I keep hearing gripes about the camera angle at Stars games - and it's relentless - but I guess I've just been watching their games for long enough that I don't even notice the diffrence. The way some folks go on, you'd think the cameraman's sitting in a regular seat amongst the fans and we're all looking at the back of a jersey all game.

LIke I'm not going to tune into to tonight's game at MSG and think it's a completely different vantage point from the Dallas arena. :dunno:
The issue is plays along the near boards. On the game winner I didn't realize Bouchard was even there. I thought Dallas was about to get the puck. Here is the snip right before the pass was made - it looks like the guy with the bald spot made one heck of a pass from the second row.

1716574306205.png

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
The reffing was terrible.

The hit on Drai in the first was a carbon copy of the hit Kane was penalized for. A forearm that rides up high and catches a guy in the back of the head. You either call them both or not at all

The penalty on Bouchard was a baby slash that hit his shin pad a second or two before he even shot the puck....not his hands. There were at least half a dozen infractions on the Stars worse than that one that went uncalled.

The high sticks were obviously penalties.
I didn't mind those ones to be honest maybe the Bouchard slash was a tad weak compared to everything else going on. The one I had issues with was the holding call on I think it was Holloway when he was the one clearly being held Dallas players arm was wrapped all the way around him that was my only gripe about last night's officiating. Probably would of called a hook on mcdavids partial breakaway that was a textbook can opener but all in all I enjoy the pace of hockey with less penalties. So they either get the Holloway call right or don't call the tap Bouchard did or call some of the more obvious stuff. All it would take is one of those and I would of been completely satisfied with the officiating but for them to call it the way they did and not give a single infraction to Dallas other then an auto bench minor for too many men over 80 mins did make it feel a bit lob sided.

We won anyways so not like I'm crying about it. If we can kill off penalties like we have and if the Oilers continue to not recieve powerplays it keeps the top guys fresh for the 5v5 which I felt Oilers pretty comfortable with last night.

Just imagine the boost of confidence it gave the boys last night to kill off 10 mins shorthanded while only get a split 2 mins on the pp and still pull out the win.

Reactions: Judge Dredd

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
This is a photo of how virtually every line change looks in the NHL.

No it is not.....

Duchene is leaving the ice and is like 10 feet from the bench. They also have 8 players on the ice and are in possession of the puck.

The Oilers have 6 guys on the ice with 1 guy stepping up to the bench is what "virtually every line change looks like in the NHL"....

Reactions: 9GWG9

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The aim for Saturday is not to win the game.

The aim is to compete, to minimize the damage on the PK (the refs will call a ridiculous amount of penalties against the Oilers) and to hammer Hintz every chance they get.

Losing the game just means it's a best of 5, great place to be for the underdog.

Winning would just be gravy.

Eh, or we could not try and injure them and just win the game. I think that would be more fun.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
No it is not.....

Duchene is leaving the ice and is like 10 feet from the bench. They also have 8 players on the ice and are in possession of the puck.

The Oilers have 6 guys on the ice with 1 guy stepping up to the bench is what "virtually every line change looks like in the NHL"....
Yes, it is. One of the guys you are counting is Suter throwing his leg over the boards to get on the bench. Pavelski has his stick up and is about to step through the door. Refs don't count those kinds of players unless the puck hits them, and the puck is in the middle of the ice. Even Duchene is outside the faceoff dots with his stick up not being part of play (other than maybe blocking Heiskanen).

This is an ordinary line change that happens dozens of times a game.

Reactions: stampedingviking

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
The issue is plays along the near boards. On the game winner I didn't realize Bouchard was even there. I thought Dallas was about to get the puck. Here is the snip right before the pass was made - it looks like the guy with the bald spot made one heck of a pass from the second row.

View attachment 875287
That's what I was saying players just disappear you can't see what is going on. Even in regulation the was one guy standing with a benn jersey the entire game and he lined up almost withe blue line just in the zone alot of the times I couldn't tell if there was a defenman standing there or not . They either need to raise the camera angle or unfortunately tell the camera side of the arena to remain seated during the play. That's the only way it would fix the viewing experience for people watching on TV.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

View attachment 875287
It's not the angle as much as it is people standing during OT.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019

The aim is to compete, to minimize the damage on the PK (the refs will call a ridiculous amount of penalties against the Oilers) and to hammer Hintz every chance they get.

Losing the game just means it's a best of 5, great place to be for the underdog.

Okay we aren’t the leafs. I'd rather not take their approach to a series but that's just me.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I never understood the Tanev love and hype. He didn't do shit against us in Calgary and he won't in Dallas. Tanev isn't a 27 year old #1 Defenseman yet people talk about him like he is. He is a 34 year old middling D who is gonna get outworked this series and undone by the Oilers Skill and speed, just like when he was Calgary. He is on the downswing of his career and is totally over hyped for what he brings.
Not accurate. This was Tanev when we played Calgary.

c0842a2906c092b2a6e54e26c066cf37.gif

• Haha
Reactions: gretzkyoilers

snag

Feb 22, 2014

Yeah, I honestly didn't really pay it much mind and didn't think of it until people here complained.
Guess 172" @ 4K compensates for something else now too ;)

Money puck confirms it’s actually the Oilers that deserve this.

Now why did you have to go do that?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, I honestly didn't really pay it much mind and didn't think of it until people here complained.
Guess 172" @ 4K compensates for something else now too ;)

Now why did you have to go do that?
Just to counter the Stars “we deserve this” narrative.

millax

Dec 24, 2005
It's not the angle as much as it is people standing during OT.
Well that is a simple fix. Dallas needs to immediately ban anyone over 4' tall from sitting in the first 5 rows along the near boards. Have "You Must Be This Short to Ride" signs up when you enter the sections. Hire a few teenage carnival attendants to stand guard and shatter some dreams of fans who show up with the audacity of being tall and wanting to stand during a sporting event.

• Haha
Reactions: LTIR

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
Eh, or we could not try and injure them and just win the game. I think that would be more fun.

Ummm isn't the aim for any team is to WIN? The Oilers will play the same strategy of a tight defense, shot blocking, and keep up the excellent PK while using all opportunities to score. Seems pretty straight forward....

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

Idk, ultimately there will be "a dead zone" in any rink along the boards, but man.

Even without the fans standing the dead zone the broadcast gets in Dallas is atrocious. Like worse than the dead zone you get from sitting in the lower bowl at Rogers place in Edmonton, but then you don't get the experience of actually being at the rink, and unlike actually being at the game on the lower bowl everywhere that's not Dallas you can't catch the action on the big screen because well... You're not actually at the game.

The standing thing just kinda drives me nuts. I get why people do it - it's exciting, and it eliminates the dead zone for you personally, and because the dead zone exists on the broadcast you can't even watch the play on the big screen... But since everyone is standing everyone except the front row gets the same dead zone and the entire broadcast gets an even larger dead zone.

It's like Otto says man, sit down you're ruining it for everyone.

It's totally absurd to have the face-off dots obscured on the broadcast. Like to the point where frankly I'd expect the NHL to have Broadcast quality standards that prohibit that.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
With Hintz playing game 2, Dallas deserves the win!

Oilers, ease up.. 'we aren't worthy' should be the slogan in Edmonton.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007

Watch the difference when they play in Edmonton. If you are used to the Edm feeds the one from Dallas seems crappy

Reactions: cantthinkofone

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

I assume this is not a serious post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad