Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I thought the main camera man in Dallas was great. Made it easy to follow the puck. Wish he could do something about the standing crowd though lol
I love seeing the fans standing in Dallas for a good portion of the period. They are right into the game.

It is obstructive though. I wish they would pan up from a higher angle like they did back in the day at Joe Louis Arena when the Red Wings fans would stand up and get in the camera view.

Reactions: ZJuice

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Get that outta my face. Its a curse. They had Calgary as Cup favorites preseason a couple of years ago.
Agreed - I have no qualms with saying our team probably doesn't always get the credit it deserves, but I feel like the narrative on this team is bogus. It's either we're pretenders or we are some unstoppable juggernaut. In reality we're somewhere between those two. I think we can hang with the big boys, but I don't think we're the big dog here... Lots of hockey left to be played.

Reactions: zar

TheLegend27

May 11, 2024
I thought this game was a positive for Dallas

They were able to keep it close without their 1C and this was basically a must win game for Edmontons and they got it done

You beat a team without their 1C in double overtime

Maybe wait a bit more before boasting about how amazing you are..
At the same time Dallas isn’t getting that kind of whistle again most likely. Not a single infraction in 80 minutes. They removed one of the oilers biggest strengths in 40% power play and still couldn’t get it done. If this is the start of Skinner’s hot form then Dallas has to worry.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
They may DESERVE this because Dallas has a D, which stands for DESERVE.
But Edmonton ALSO has a D. And it's for DEPTH. But also two N's, for NO NONE DEPTH.
Dallas also has 2 L's, right now they have one L, so maybe another is coming.

This goes deeper than I thought... Maybe even deeper than Dallas' depth.

We deserve it more, #We DIM

What a great hashtag.

Reactions: robertocarlos

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Reactions: Macheteops

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
the PP merchant oilers managed to win only scoring 5v5 goals (again).

dallas is no slouch and had some time off etc etc but the oilers arent the bums other fans are trying to make them out to be. although i will agree they rolled through 2 bum teams to get to the wcf
I dont understand how a bum team was a game away from being the top seed in the conference? Or how vegas qualifies as a tough team when they started hot then struggled badly dowm stretch and barely made playoffs.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I remember the Sportsnet crew pointing this out, going through the slow-motion replay........and I was laughing because what difference does it make?

Are slashes on the shinpads allowed? Or is it a slash either way, which is what I thought going into the game?
I mean if that were the case then there would be about 100+ penalties called every game.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Oilers deserved the win. The reffing script was laughable.

Yes you can call those penalties on EDM, but Dallas sure as hell wasn't squeky clean for four full periods.

I hate how the NHL is with this shit. Takes so much away from the game.
Would just be nice to have consistency within the same game. I know you'll always have inconsistencies game to game because of the refs working the game, and into more important games in a series, but if something is going to be called within a game then call it all game once the standard is set. If something is let go then let it go all game. Players having to guess what the ref is going to call on any given night is just such a bizarre way of doing things.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Oilers deserved the win. The reffing script was laughable.

Yes you can call those penalties on EDM, but Dallas sure as hell wasn't squeky clean for four full periods.

I hate how the NHL is with this shit. Takes so much away from the game.
You (and Stars fans in general) are a breath of fresh air, my friend. Especially compared to the whining we had to deal with last round.

Those calls are perfectly fine as long as the standard stays consistent throughout the series. It just feels borderline insane to call some of those after the physicality and calls that were let go in previous rounds.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Stars fans are already showing to be cooler than the rest. Even if they are delusional about WDI.
I mean, everyone knows WE DESERVE IT MORE ;)
Yes, embrace it

You (and Stars fans in general) are a breath of fresh air, my friend. Especially compared to the whining we had to deal with last round.

Those calls are perfectly fine as long as the standard stays consistent throughout the series. It just feels borderline insane to call some of those after the physicality and calls that were let go in previous rounds.
I asked for consistency last round and got laughed out of the thread :laugh:

I still want consistency. It bears repeating, the officiating is the worst thing about the NHL.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I remember the Sportsnet crew pointing this out, going through the slow-motion replay........and I was laughing because what difference does it make?

Are slashes on the shinpads allowed? Or is it a slash either way, which is what I thought going into the game?
Reffing in last nights game was actually refreshingly good, the obvious was called and it wasn’t a battle of ticky tack plays. Dallas was disciplined and failed to do anything with it

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Reffing in last nights game was actually refreshingly good, the obvious was called and it wasn’t a battle of ticky tack plays. Dallas was disciplined and failed to do anything with it
I'm biased but that's how I saw last night too- everyone cries about "game management" and "make up calls"- yet when the calls tip to one team's favour then the refs are playing favorites....? Funny how it works.

Complaining about reffing in playoffs is some lowest common denominator type shit anyway- in a deep playoff run, you're gonna see it all. The best team plays through it.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I'm biased but that's how I saw last night too- everyone cries about "game management" and "make up calls"- yet when the calls tip to one team's favour then the refs are playing favorites....? Funny how it works.

Complaining about reffing in playoffs is some lowest common denominator type shit anyway- in a deep playoff run, you're gonna see it all. The best team plays through it.
Game management and make up calls really only happen when you force the refs hand by playing on the edge.

Being down 1-0 I am sure Dallas is going to play a little riskier next game.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

I didn't necessarily agree with all the calls made, however we do have to move past the pre-conceived notion that things should be even both ways all the time. If one team is more undisciplined than the other, than I hope the officials call it. Over the highs and lows of a 7 game series things will probably be pretty even by the end of it anyways.

It could always be worse, it could be NBA officiating.

Reactions: Elysian

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

Eh, I don't think the refs had a huge impact on the game, but I thought the refs were fairly biased last night.

Idk, I don't mind the McDavid high stick in OT. Aside from that basically all of the penalties on the Oilers were ticky tacky bullshit. Kane got a roughing call for hitting a guy shoulder to shoulder. Bouchard got a slashing call for a love tap on the shin pad - if it's enough to be a slash to the leg it's a tripping penalty. The one that really drove me up the wall was Holloway getting a holding call while he was attacking the puck carrier, meanwhile Suter had been jet skiing on Holloway for a good 8 ft.

Like it said, it didn't really impact the game because the Oilers PK is elite, but like if you're making those three calls on Edmonton then the Oilers should have had atleast that many PPs too. If you're not making those calls when the stars do it, don't make those calls when the oil do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad