Pre-Game Talk: WCF: Anaheim Ducks vs Chicago Blackhawks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Would have been nice to not know who the Hawks are playing for a couple days while my last year of undergrad finals took place. Hard to concentrate with the main board trash talk, etc.

Nothingman*

Mark Potash ‏@MarkPotash 4m4 minutes ago
Under Bruce Boudreau, the Ducks are 8-0 at home in the playoffs vs. the Stars, Jets & Flames; 3-5 at home vs. the Wings & Kings.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Mark Potash ‏@MarkPotash 4m4 minutes ago
Under Bruce Boudreau, the Ducks are 8-0 at home in the playoffs vs. the Stars, Jets & Flames; 3-5 at home vs. the Wings & Kings.

IDK why, but I feel like this series is going to be full of shenanigans on the Anaheim side, something that rivals the past VAN series. Boudreau is a hot head and there are some giant dbags on that team. Hopefully Bick is ready to light some people up.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Well, this is what you expect in the conference finals. A tough matchup. The Ducks are rolling. The Hawks have their work cut out for them. Can't wait to see this thing start.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I say Hawks in 5. It almost scary how confident I am. I just think this is a good matchup for the Hawks. The Ducks are very good, don't get me wrong. But they are top heavy, and if the Hawks can contain the Getz/Perry line, which I think they can I think they control the series. I think everyone should prepare for the Fiddy thread after the Hawks win and the top line has so so production while keeping the Ducks in check. I think the Hawks depth will take over this series. I think the 3rd line will be big this series. The Ducks defense doesn't really scare me and Anderson is fine, but he doesn't scare me. I guess the one thing I'd worry about it the Hawks PK has struggled a bit while the Ducks PP has been rolling. But the Hawks PK has shown it can be better so hopefully they will step up.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I say Hawks in 5. It almost scary how confident I am. I just think this is a good matchup for the Hawks. The Ducks are very good, don't get me wrong. But they are top heavy, and if the Hawks can contain the Getz/Perry line, which I think they can I think they control the series. I think everyone should prepare for the Fiddy thread after the Hawks win and the top line has so so production while keeping the Ducks in check. I think the Hawks depth will take over this series. I think the 3rd line will be big this series. The Ducks defense doesn't really scare me and Anderson is fine, but he doesn't scare me. I guess the one thing I'd worry about it the Hawks PK has struggled a bit while the Ducks PP has been rolling. But the Hawks PK has shown it can be better so hopefully they will step up.

I've been saying it for the past two series, that third line is due for a big series. They are getting better every series. If Vermy can continue to dominate at the dot and Sharpy/Turbo continue to have a shoot-first mentality, they'll be generating a lot of opportunities. This is probably the happiest I've been with our forward depth/line combos in years. There is a bit of everything on every line.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Well, this is what you expect in the conference finals. A tough matchup. The Ducks are rolling. The Hawks have their work cut out for them. Can't wait to see this thing start.

To be fair, the Ducks are rolling because of the opponents they played in the first two rounds.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I say Hawks in 6.

Anaheim had by far the easiest path in the first two rounds. That ends now.

And Silfverberg needs to change his name. There is an unnecessary F in his name.

And Boudreau look like Burl Ives.

member 151739

In all seriousness though, Hawks in 7. But I can see the series ending in 6.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Nah they're not top heavy IMO. They've got some nice depth pieces. It's becoming a joke now but they really do have more to their team than Getz and that dirtbag Perry.

Easy road or not, they're in the WCF because they're a well built team

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ducks have 6 NHL quality defenders

Fowler
Lindholm
Beauchemin
Vatanen
Stoner
Despres

4 damn good young one's and overall a nice group

Ducks D at worst = Hawks 4 man unit

Overall probably slightly > then Hawks because 6 NHL defenders is a lot more valuable in playoffs then 4 NHL defenders at this point

Hawks may have the best defender in series (Keith) and a more elite top 4 ,, But the lack of a 3rd pairing while Ducks can roll 3 pairings is an issue

The Hawks only will really use 4 defenders all series, and the Ducks don't have any pairing that can touch those 4. As for the 5th and 6 Dmen, yeah, ANA's are better, but it's not like they are going to make a huge difference when they are only playing 5-10mins a night and it will be with 1 of those 4 and never together.

People will keep saying "it's going to be tasking on those 4" and have yet to be proven right in the playoffs over the last 7 years.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Have to admit, Getzlaf is one hell of a player. One of my favorite players in the NHL not wearing the indianhead. That being said I hope he sucks eggs this entire series.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Ducks are rolling because they just played probably the two worst teams in the playoffs, at least on this side of the bracket.

Remember when Winnipeg steamrolled into the playoffs shutting out elite teams and winning many games in a row, picked by most experts to upset Anaheim?

Now all of the sudden they are the worst team.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Have to admit, Getzlaf is one hell of a player. One of my favorite players in the NHL not wearing the indianhead. That being said I hope he sucks eggs this entire series.

He got 8 points in 7 games vs the kings last year playing Kopitar's line. Hard to shut down, I think this series is won in the trenches (bottom 6).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
One thing I will be keeping a close eye on, is who Boudreau wants to match up against Toews. Will it be Kesler? (I imagine it will be) and if it is, does Q get that line off the ice right away and throw Kruger out there?

Or does Q go with that match-up and put Krugers line up against Getzlafs. I think Toews line would dominate Keslers line, so maybe BBQ Bruce tries to get Getzlafs line out there vs. Toews.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
One thing I will be keeping a close eye on, is who Boudreau wants to match up against Toews. Will it be Kesler? (I imagine it will be) and if it is, does Q get that line off the ice right away and throw Kruger out there?

Or does Q go with that match-up and put Krugers line up against Getzlafs. I think Toews line would dominate Keslers line, so maybe BBQ Bruce tries to get Getzlafs line out there vs. Toews.

If regular season games are any indication Q wanted Toews-Getzlaf going head to head and Boudreau wanted no part of that. Kruger's line ended up playing a lot against Getzlaf when ANA had the last change and did a decent job not giving up goals. I don't think BB chases matchups as much as Q does. We'll probably see a lot of Toews-Getzlaf in this series.

IMO Getzlaf line will have to out-produce Toews line for the Ducks to win this series. If they cancel out (similar to Toews-Kopitar in last year's WCF), Hawks secondary scoring will win out.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Cue the outta-town-stupid "Hawks are soft/going to be out-hit/intimidated" lazy ass narrative we've heard now for seven years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad