GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
japanese-goblin.pngdownload (2).jpg

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Literally Rogalski and Fitz are the only ones left to blame on the goalie situation and if the latter goes while the former stays, you know he’s on the Marty lifetime pass
I'm not sure what Fitz could do exactly. He's traded and drafted for goalie upgrades multiple times and went out and got the guy everyone wanted. A 'premier' top 10 goalie.

He even added two premier D-Men.

That last Allen shot was garbage, but it would be nice if someone or anyone started playing hockey.

There you go Timo...

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Are people really concerned based on a few games they n the preseason with a brand new coach and rotating lineups featuring AHL player?

lol folks learned nothing from las years preseason.
Teams go on win streaks midseason with brand new coaches

This nonsense that, since its preseason, our near full NHL roster should be losing to half
Of the Islanders roster is a losers mentality

Its excuses is what it is - losing games with middling talent is one thing; these guys should be able to coast to a win

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I mean, they look REALLY bad, and tonight's sort of a full lineup. I'm all in if you have thoughts to rationalize me lmao.
Very easy to rationalize. The preseason is meaningless and there’s less than zero evidence that it’s a predictor of regular season results.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I mean, they look REALLY bad, and tonight's sort of a full lineup. I'm all in if you have thoughts to rationalize me lmao.

It's preseason, Keefe has had only maybe 10 minutes to start implementing what he wants, and they are still rotating AHL guys in and out.

Also Haula just came back from the dead and Cotter is not going to be centering the 1st line in real games

Reactions: Devs3cups

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
I'm not sure what Fitz could do exactly. He's traded and drafted for goalie upgrades multiple times and went out and got the guy everyone wanted. A 'premier' top 10 goalie.

He even added two premier D-Men.

That last Allen shot was garbage, but it would be nice if someone or anyone started playing hockey.

There you go Timo...
it’s in the post you quoted though - i doubt there’s a goalie coach in who has worse results than him over his tenure here. not sure how rogalski still has a job

Reactions: Bleedred

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Will never understand the 'preseason does t matter' crowd

Wins and losses dont - but last I checked any respectable coach tells you to practice how you play, and last I checked this is f***ing practice for the regular season lmfao

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Are people really concerned based on a few games they n the preseason with a brand new coach and rotating lineups featuring AHL player?

lol folks learned nothing from las years preseason.

Yeah dominant preseason and then had our shit pushed in for the entire regular season. Means very little in the grand scheme of things. Would I like to see better connectivity and all right now? Sure. But it is what it is. Won’t know what this team is all about for another week or more

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Literally Rogalski and Fitz are the only ones left to blame on the goalie situation and if the latter goes while the former stays, you know he’s on the Marty lifetime pass
I honestly don't think Rogalski will outlive Fitz here, barring Fitz either getting fired mid-season Shero style or the team just having an abysmal season while the goaltending is a strong spot, which would be pretty ironic.

But Rogalski could be Fitz's only goalie coach if this season somehow costs him his job, but I do think if this season blows up that we'll have a new goalie coach last year.

But I could be completely wrong AGAIN, because I was sitting here in January and February completely adamant and confident that we were getting a new goalie coach this year.

We did not.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It's preseason, Keefe has had only maybe 10 minutes to start implementing what he wants, and they are still rotating AHL guys in and out.

Also Haula just came back from the dead and Cotter is not going to be centering the 1st line in real games
He will be after Jack is traded with Nemec for Anderson

Reactions: BostonDevil

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
we won't really know what this team is till at the very least November. But after last year with a mostly nhl lineup, can't they just play hard and score some goals. Powerplay had a good start, hopefully they build off it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah dominant preseason and then had our shit pushed in for the entire regular season. Means very little in the grand scheme of things. Would I like to see better connectivity and all right now? Sure. But it is what it is. Won’t know what this team is all about for another week or more

It's entirely possible that the team doesn't start to gel until November. New coach. A lot of new faces.

The idea they would come out the gate screaming wasn't totally realistic. Though still not impossible as these games don't count. We don't know how they will look when they do start to count

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Wins and losses dont - but last I checked any respectable coach tells you to practice how you play, and last I checked this is f***ing practice for the regular season lmfao

Big difference between saying preseason doesn’t matter and letting it dictate your feelings on the upcoming season.

Last season’s undefeated preseason should be enough of an example for this.

And I also am willing to give Keefe more rope than some others seem to be.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY

It doesn’t f***ing matter. These are not children, largely, they’re tenured pros. expecting them to go hard in a meaningless game with an incomplete roster is kinda crazy. Preseason games aren’t for pretending it’s a real game, or even working out the system, it’s just for getting the feeling and schedule of playing games going again for those guys.

Reactions: guitarguyvic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad