GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
it’s in the post you quoted though - i doubt there’s a goalie coach in who has worse results than him over his tenure here. not sure how rogalski still has a job
We've spent years on this board arguing about how faceoffs dont matter, and grit doesn't matter and a whole load of stuff

I can't remember ever any person in twenty years on any board calling out the goalie coach as the problem.

At some point we might want to consider the garbage skaters.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Literally everyone here who says that also acknowledges some of the only faceoffs that are actually important are special teams.
Not always. Most of the naysayers just subscribe to the difference in faceoff rates being worth two faceoff wins per game. The problem is in how the stats are kept. At a minimum it’s pretty obvious clean wins defensively and offensively matter. Sure you have to work hard to make neutral zone faceoffs matter.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Big difference between saying preseason doesn’t matter and letting it dictate your feelings on the upcoming season.

Last season’s undefeated preseason should be enough of an example for this.

And I also am willing to give Keefe more rope than some others seem to be.
Im not letting it dictate my feelings on next season - but its pretty sad they cant even compete with half of an NHL team

Im not worried about Keefe in the slightest - he didnt show up and say 'lets put two third liners with Nico and the rest of my top-6 talent on one line'

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
It doesn’t f***ing matter. These are not children, largely, they’re tenured pros. expecting them to go hard in a meaningless game with an incomplete roster is kinda crazy. Preseason games aren’t for pretending it’s a real game, or even working out the system, it’s just for getting the feeling and schedule of playing games going again for those guys.
Going hard and not looking pathetic are two massively different things

I dont need blocked shots and major body checking - but how about some f***ing effort

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Well the GM made his bed with the core. He’s officially all in now after this off-season. I can guarantee you he is concerned right now .

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
PK sucked Allen is cooked.
I don't think it's fair to say he's cooked yet, but 5 goals on 11 shots would have been quite a spectacle even for last season.

I can't even remember too many games like that from us last year, where the goalie allowed 5 goals on the first 11 shots.

We did have points where Vitek let in 3 goals on 4 shots in a matter of minutes in the 2nd or 3rd period, but 5 goals on the first 11 shots would have been something else even last year lol.

Normally the starter was pulled before it got that bad. Which I'd definitely let him eat this one. 10 goals, 12, whatever. No need to make a goalie change in this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad