GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
Do we think they ride with lines as is to start or tweak once practices go in Prague? I assume the former since they didn’t change any in tonight’s debacle. Which to me makes no sense considering there haven’t been any moments of synergy at all.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I don’t think Nemec should be sent down, but I think Casey needs to start. Not sure if both can be in?

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
There’s also no way the league wants to “f*** us”. Jack’s one of the few really marketable stars in the league. They’d prefer us be good.
OK... Here I go....

I've always said the the NHL is stupid. If you look at the US nationally broadcast games over the last 10 there are only 7 teams in the league:

Rangers
Bruins
Flyers
Caps
Pens
Blackhawks
Red Wings

Living in Boston I have to fight this battle all the time when I hear Bruins fans (BRUINS FANS!!!!!) complain that the league hates them after every game being on national TV and having played in 67 Winter Classics.

I looked at the numbers a few years ago and out of the 60+ games nationally televised in the US, only 2 didn't involve at least one of those teams.

The Lightning won more Cups in 10 months than the Rangers have in 83 years yet, somehow Tampa was ignored in national broadcasts and the bottom dwelling Red Wings/Blackhawks/Flyers had 30% of their games available to the whole country.

This would be like the NFL having the Jets and Panthers on Sunday/Monday Night Football 9 times each per season and Chiefs on once.

This is something that crawls right up my ass and drive me insane. Always has.

The league wonders why the finals ratings aren't what they should be after they shoved Wings vs Flyers down our throats all season and ignored the better teams so nobody is familiar with teams that are actually good. Pisses me off.

This isn't a Devils thing either. We've been shit for the better part of a decade and don't deserve the spotlight. The spotlight should be on the best teams. This isn't the NBA.

This is my way of saying that the league wishes Jack was on the Caps. I pray it changes.

Thanks for listening :)

Last edited:
Reactions: njdevils1982

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Soooooo thoughts on Paula-Haula-Noesen….
Fired up tonight, The bourbon is kicking in.

I'm done with 2/3rds of that line and I'll give Noesen a month to prove something before I turn on him too.

Tatar is on my watch list as well. Sorry, I know there is a lot of love for him here but he's not a 2nd line wing on a championship team. Toffoli was better. There. I said it.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
We have speed, we have better players around the lineup, just have to tie everything together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad