Friedman: Washington is not done, “I think Washington is going to be to be very busy. I heard there is more coming there."

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
After acquiring Pierre-Luc Dubois from the Los Angeles Kings on Wednesday, general manager Brian MacLellan is expected to be “very busy” moving forward according to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman.

“Someone told me too that Washington is not done,” Friedman said on Saturday’s episode of the 32 Thoughts Podcast. “I think Washington is going to be very busy. I heard there is more coming there.”

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Caps fans like...

tenor.gif

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just pushing the team into years of mediocrely.

I get AO is there but get him to waive his NTC for the good of the franchise.

They should have been going into full rebuild.

Reactions: deca guard

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Just pushing the team into years of mediocrely.

I get AO is there but get him to waive his NTC for the good of the franchise.

They should have been going into full rebuild.

I mean, there comes a point at which players sort of "earn" the right to respectfully retire as a "one team player" if they wish to.

And in the case of Ovechkin, at this point...the Caps are really only going as far as he can take them. Which probably isn't very far these days. But i don't see why he'd have any obligation to waive his trade protection just to "help out the franchise".

Those sort of "full rebuild" situations tend to just happen more organically than that anyway. As guys like Ovechkin, Yoshie, Carlsson age out...they'll get there in the next few years regardless. Unless they make some absolutely stellar "retooling" moves in the meantime, and enormous gambles like PLD pay off somehow.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
They’re not satisfied with just PLD’s contract?

Torey Krug is up next!

The PLD trade was somewhat advantageous for Washington in that it made the team much younger and for no draft picks or prospects whatsoever. No way does trading for Krug do anything for them. If Carolina trades KK (I have my doubts about that), that's the sort of trade Washington may have in mind.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'd be very busy, too, if I just traded for Dubois' contract without any retention. I'd be busy answering the avalanche of phone calls from every other GM hoping that I'd take their worst contracts, as well.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I'd be very busy, too, if I just traded for Dubois' contract without any retention. I'd be busy answering the avalanche of phone calls from every other GM hoping that I'd take their worst contracts, as well.
Didn’t Friedman just report there were at least 3 other teams involved in PLD discussions?

Still, his contract is way better than pld
If he plays at the level of a starter sure. But as a backup goaltender, that’s just objectively not true at all

Reactions: Talik Sanis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad