Friedman: Washington is not done, “I think Washington is going to be to be very busy. I heard there is more coming there."

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Ready for a wild conspiracy? Steroids. That’s a steroid bod right there. Don’t look at me like I’m crazy, shit aids recovery, and at 65 years old Ovi needs that. Would explain a lot, no?

I have the same theory on Tiger Woods and Mike Trout, so don’t mind me. Used for recovery/consistency more than anything else, it’s a whole thing.

I see a man almost 40 even as a professional athlete.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Do Capitals really care about his salary?
Backstrom LITR perhaps even Oshie
Ovy Jensen and Carlson probably also all gone in 2 seasons

thats like 42m of salary cap off in 2 years.
Dubois contract is not good but they can afford it.
Atleast he can somehow bounceback while Kuemper is washed.

In 2 years the Capitals will be in post Ovy Era and will probably go on a rebuild anyways
People just don’t seem to get this.

The Capitals have 5 players under contract going into the summer of 2026. FIVE.

Those FIVE = 28m (just under). So that’s 60m available were it this summer. Let’s add 5m as the cap raises. 65m for 17-18 players.

Who cares about PLD’s contract, again??

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't think I'd do it 1 for 1 but 10th for like Fehervary+malenstyn, or something with Holtz (assuming he's a piece Washington is interested in) as well, like 10th+Holtz+3rd for Fehervary+17th+Malenstyn.

I obviously understand it would take a lot to get fehervary, but he to me seems like the exact cost controlled, fits into our age demographic and window type piece that fitzgerald talked about in terms of "having 10th overall available"

Pass.

I'd propably take #10 for Fehervary given you could get a D with more potential there and the value favours Capitals but once the offer turns into #17 being included, it really doesn't do anything for the Capitals. They need D more than scoring wingers so Holtz makes no sense. I wouldn't move Malenstyn for a 3rd, either.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I could see Skinner with no retention and the 11th pick for a return between a conditional pick and Dowd

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Leonsis is trying to get a new arena built. The Caps aren't rebuilding now, and they aren't planning on rebuilding in two more years either. They're trying for a retool, which is probably why they are prepared to take some risks with very long odds, in some cases. They like what Hershey has been producing as far as depth glue guys and continued pro development of their prospects, and they are seeking to get younger via trades, UFAs and retirements.

They are very unlikely to intentionally bottom out. They're trying to manage a smooth transition. It wouldn't surprise me if they aim to be a bubble playoff team for 2-3 years and then try to improve from there.

It may not work, but I don't see the owner agreeing to a hard tank, not deliberately anyway. He's still scarred from that circa 2003-2007 era.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Leonsis is trying to get a new arena built. The Caps aren't rebuilding now, and they aren't planning on rebuilding in two more years either. They're trying for a retool, which is probably why they are prepared to take some risks with very long odds, in some cases. They like what Hershey has been producing as far as depth glue guys and continued pro development of their prospects, and they are seeking to get younger via trades, UFAs and retirements.

They are very unlikely to intentionally bottom out. They're trying to manage a smooth transition. It wouldn't surprise me if they aim to be a bubble playoff team for 2-3 years and then try to improve from there.

It may not work, but I don't see the owner agreeing to a hard tank, not deliberately anyway. He's still scarred from that circa 2003-2007 era.
He's let them tear the Wizards down and tank in order to rebuild. He let GMGM tear it all down to rebuild and ended up with Ovi and Backstrom. I think when the time comes for 8 to hang it up he'll be plenty OK with it.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Slightly used Huberdeau for sale. It's a bit non-sensical, as he plays the same position as Ovie. Many posters on here say he has one of the worst contracts in the NHL, and he seems to be getting somehow slightly worse ever year.....but hey it's the Capitals we're talking about. Let's get at her.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Ready for a wild conspiracy? Steroids. That’s a steroid bod right there. Don’t look at me like I’m crazy, shit aids recovery, and at 65 years old Ovi needs that. Would explain a lot, no?

I have the same theory on Tiger Woods and Mike Trout, so don’t mind me. Used for recovery/consistency more than anything else, it’s a whole thing.
I used to have barrel kinda like that. Never touched steroids, just lifted a shit tonne of weights and eat/drank too much like a fat f***

Reactions: Lou Sassole

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
In need of a goalie now? What value does korpisalo at 2.5 mil have to you guys?

Not really. They have 2 of the best ones in the AHL. Which was big reason why they wanted to get rid of that Kuemper -contract, to give them a chance.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
2x Calder Cup Champion Hunter Shepard has paid his dues to earn a real shot at backupping Capitals.

With Clay Stevenson on the sidelines looking as a future NHLer.

Caps absolutely should not commit themselves to a 2,5 mill backup goalie for 3 years.
You mean other teams don’t do that? Must be nice

Reactions: Roshi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad