Friedman: Washington is not done, “I think Washington is going to be to be very busy. I heard there is more coming there."

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
kuzy's best year are behind him. nuke is a very good player right now.

I’m pretty sure cocaine is what put his best years behind him.

Asking Washington to take on a second person with major addiction issues. I guess it’s possible but of all teams they know what happens

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Fever isn’t for sale unless it’s a price you wouldn’t want to pay. He’s their least likely defenseman to get dealt besides Carlson.
I'd be putting 10th overall into those conversations. Would that fall under price I wouldn't want to pay?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I like what Washington is doing. They’ve found ways to get younger with several buy-low opportunities. They aren’t fully committing to tanking with Ovi hanging around, and I think this is a good compromise. It may not be a good way to acquire elite talent but it at least keeps them involved in meaningful games.

They still will have the rebuild option when he eventually retires. I don’t see any of these moves, even the PLD trade, as preventative of that. I think this is a good way to transition into the post-Ovechkin era.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I like what Washington is doing. They’ve found ways to get younger with several buy-low opportunities. They aren’t fully committing to tanking with Ovi hanging around, and I think this is a good compromise. It may not be a good way to acquire elite talent but it at least keeps them involved in meaningful games.

They still will have the rebuild option when he eventually retires. I don’t see any of these moves, even the PLD trade, as preventative of that. I think this is a good way to transition into the post-Ovechkin era.
I was just coming here to post this. Given the situation they are in as a franchise, I think they are re-tooling relatively well. It's not glamourous but their pool of young players is highly underrated and got excellent experience this year with the main team and then with Hershey's Calder Cup run, they produce goalies like a factory, the defense is experienced and solid and they've already moved past being Ovie-centric - I think Strome has shown some real signs of becoming the star he was once projected to be. And that experience with Strome will have given them confidence they can manage PLD, even if it represents a big risk.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Zegras for Leonard...Caps get potential 1C who can feed Ovechkin and PLD all day long for scoring opportunities. Ducks get a much needed RW who can be reunited with Gauthier.

• Haha
Reactions: MileHighCapsFan

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Zegras for Leonard...Caps get potential 1C who can feed Ovechkin and PLD all day long for scoring opportunities. Ducks get a much needed RW who can be reunited with Gauthier.
Leonard is going nowhere. He’s not only the crown jewel of their system, he’s the type of “identity” building block in terms of how he plays that Washington is going to need moving forward.

The Caps already took their shot on a top six center to pair with Strome in PLD.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'd be putting 10th overall into those conversations. Would that fall under price I wouldn't want to pay?
Yes, that would qualify :laugh:

Trading Fever for 10A would be interesting for sure. I’m still not sure I’d do it but that’s a good offer. I guess it depends on if Washington thinks they can compete for the playoffs again this year or not, and if they have the appetite to hand a division rival a top four/top pair defenseman.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

Chad is hit or miss with the Sabres.......but on the surface it makes some sense. Buffalo has more youth than they know what to do with, and the Caps have veterans coming out their earholes.

Buffalo needs playable experience, Washington needs playable youth (preferably with some speed).
Sounds like Jeff Skinner to the Caps for basically free. Caps are basically in limbo until Ovechkin retires. Technically contending but wont give up assets for anyone older than like 25. At most they will get free agents or overpaid players for free (Dubois, Skinner, Huberdeau etc).

Reactions: Sota Popinski

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
They're targeting buy-low players who's reputations is low right now but once were a elite/high-potential player

To me, next player this screams is Patrick Laine. Only 26 and fits Dubois profile

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Sounds like Jeff Skinner to the Caps for basically free. Caps are basically in limbo until Ovechkin retires. Technically contending but wont give up assets for anyone older than like 25. At most they will get free agents or overpaid players for free (Dubois, Skinner, Huberdeau etc).
Most are speculating it's a Nic Dowd to Buffalo situation. Doubt Capitals want to take on Skinner.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Doesn't make any sense. Caps are looking to get younger. They also wanted to get Carlson some help on D so if there is a young D Sabres are looking to move it'd make sense. Caps already added a forward and if they were to add another it'd likely be a free agent. No reason to add Skinner since he doesn't fit the age of players they are looking to add. You can get a younger and cheaper player through free agency. Sabres would need to give them a pretty good reason to do it.

I think there is something else on the works. Caps have lots of veterans and Sabres have lots of young talent.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
They're targeting buy-low players who's reputations is low right now but once were a elite/high-potential player

To me, next player this screams is Patrick Laine. Only 26 and fits Dubois profile

Given that they just opened up a spot in net, maybe Gibson falls into that category? Or even Fowler if the Ducks are going to make a full identity shift.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Given that they just opened up a spot in net, maybe Gibson falls into that category? Or even Fowler if the Ducks are going to make a full identity shift.
No open spot in net. Lindgren was great as the starter last year and they have two guys who look absolutely ready and probably would have gotten games this season in other orgs down in Hershey in Shepard and Stevenson.

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
We can give anderson (Tom wilson 2.0) for free :naughty::nod:
He might do better playing elsewhere than Montreal where his playing style doesn't really seem to fit . He'd be very motivated on a new team,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad