Post-Game Talk: Washington at New York Game 4: TIED Our Shoes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Anyone else notice Moore crosschecking Chimera after the Perrault goal?

Chimera went down pretty hard. Not sure if it was a dive or Moore just being strong as hell.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Chimera went down pretty hard. Not sure if it was a dive or Moore just being strong as hell.

I loved it. About time somebody got a piece of that ***** that only shows up against us.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008

Yeah. Luckily no call on the play.

Also, MDZ needs to be better.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Clowe had a brief "discussion" with olesky early on. Their was no bs from that player for rest of game. Subtle little things like that make a difference. He is a mean mother!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
You lost a shoe? Just how big are the dogs in New York City? :laugh:

images

This big

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
I thought about that a bit too,especially the part about them getting caught in their own zone for an extended period.
Probably, the idea is that if you have enough bodies and legs and sticks in the prime scoring areas, you mathematically increase your chance of screwing up the oppositions play.

That strategy still strikes me as suspect, for the very reason that the Rangers award guys like Green with a luxury he should not have. When the Rangers try to throw the puck out of the zone on the boards, where are the Rangers to make it hard for the opposition pointman to stop it, regain composure and set it up? Rangers are conceding it, and that is not good.
Exactly. If they shoot, they're either hitting something or it has to go wide. I think that's a good way to carry it if the ones on the ice are gassed. Just get in front of their shots.

Also, when the Rangers sit back, it looks like it's throwing the Capitals flow off. When the Rangers would pressure, it'd open up a lane for the player with the puck to skate around or for a Cap to get open. Then the chances for the Caps go up. Instead, they're keeping the Caps play along the perimeter which means less scoring chances and low percentage shots. Of course it won't always be perfect, like the funny deflections.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary

I didn't catch that, but it makes me happy to know it happened. I like seeing that, not only because it shows how involved a player is, but also because I often think the Rangers play a game that is almost too clean, when the other team is cheapshotting all over the place.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
What the ****?

Since when are there B2Bs in the playoffs?

Who scheduled this? They started our series late then end it with a B2B?

Unfortunately games 6 and 7 are Sunday and Monday, May 12 and 13, respectively.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Thank Richards for teaching Brassard the behind the back pass. And thank Richards for being able to hit the empty net. Yes, that is an achievement

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Clowe had a brief "discussion" with olesky early on. Their was no bs from that player for rest of game. Subtle little things like that make a difference. He is a mean mother!

I noticed that too. It was not a fight, it was a warning. Olesky had been doing so much punk stuff til then.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Great hand-eye coordination by Pyatt for the first goal.

With how much Holtby has been playing the puck, I had a feeling he'd make a mistake soon enough.

NHRangerfan

What the ****?

Since when are there B2Bs in the playoffs?

Who scheduled this? They started our series late then end it with a B2B?

I think almost all of the series have Game 6 and 7 B2B...I just checked Isles/Pens and they are B2B as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad