Post-Game Talk: Washington at New York Game 4: TIED Our Shoes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

corduroyg

Apr 10, 2012
nyc
i freaking hate john giannone. he asks the same questions to every player. whats the feeling on the bench? what was the feeling in the locker room? what was the feeling on the ice at the end? was it nervousness? was it fun?

SHUT THE F UP!!!!

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Stralman, McD, and G have ALL been excellent in this series. Moore has been very, very good as well.

Yeah, they have all had their boneheaded plays but they've definitely stepped up, G and McD are playing way better than they did in the regular season. Staal in his 17 minutes of ice time in one game has been way better than MDZ. I don't really fault Eminger for that goal, MDZ played it pretty horribly.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Nash needs to be more noticeable offensively.

These past two games have been beautiful compared to the first two.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
This guy RULES. :laugh:

945661_10151580341784266_1555937615_n.jpg
That is awesome.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
I am relaxed. I'm just happy the players aren't as negative and clueless as some fans can be at times.

I am sincerely interested in your opinion on the way the Rangers back off the opposition pointmen when under seige (powerplay or even strength).

Truly, I am not being antagonistic, just interested in this kind of thing. I have only a few bones to pick with Torts (his rudeness answering questions that other top coaches have no problem stickhandling around, and the way they back off pressuring the point).

I only question this because I see no advantage to bringing two guys back from the point, and positioning them just above the circles. I wonder what other Rangers fans might think about this. Maybe a different view based on experience?

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Yeah, it's like he got pulled and let one in from outside of the blueline. :help:

The usual, spoiled by the world's greatest goaltender. This was the worst game for him in the series, but it still was a lot of luck and BS that led to those goals. I think he should have stopped the Brouwer goal.

The greatest part is that it almost definitely won't get any worse.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
WOW! WOW! WOW! My little brother is in New York at the moment. So freaking jealous!

This game was absolutely amazing. Our 3 centers showed up and got points.

The positives:
Girardi scores on the PP
Richards scores
Stepan scores
Brassard again putting his hand up
Not breaking down after giving up a 2-goal lead

The negatives:
Nash still invisible
Not being able to hold on to a lead

I was also a bit disappointed with the selfish way some forwards played with the empty net. Stepan had Hagelin right next to him to slot the puck into the net, but tried to score himself. Same goes for Boyle. Players need to be less selfish in those situations.

I am so happy with Brassard!!! I think he is the player helping us the most of the 3 from the Gabby trade

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Was mad as hell at Hank after the Brouwer and Alzner goals, but he won me back over after he shut the Caps down in the last 10 minutes. That save on Backstrom was crazy.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I was also a bit disappointed with the selfish way some forwards played with the empty net. Stepan had Hagelin right next to him to slot the puck into the net, but tried to score himself. Same goes for Boyle. Players need to be less selfish in those situations.

I am so happy with Brassard!!! I think he is the player helping us the most of the 3 from the Gabby trade

Eh, normally our boys are too unselfish and miss because of it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Brassard, to me, is what Erik Christensen should have been as a player.

NHRangerfan

POTG in no particular order

BrassGOD
Step
Hags
Stralman

Redden
MDZ

Brassard was 8/9 89% on Faceoffs

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Was mad as hell at Hank after the Brouwer and Alzner goals, but he won me back over after he shut the Caps down in the last 10 minutes. That save on Backstrom was crazy.

Still was super shaky on the Ward shot (that shot had no business being that close). Hopefully it gives him some more confidence and boosts his play.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I feel like Nash and Ovechkin have been canceling each other out. Neither have truly been difference makers in this series, outside of one or two key moments.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Brassard, to me, is what Erik Christensen should have been as a player.

Difference with Brass is that he's a very, very hard-working player, and he can hold his own along the boards. Did not know Brassard was this strong.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

Yeah just the fact he kept them from tying it in typical Rangers' fashion makes all forgiven. That had heartbreaking late tying goal written all over it.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Eight game home winning streak for the Rangers. They have scored 35 goals in those 8 games. Its an average of almost 4.5 goals per game.

31:29 for McDonagh. 29:35 for Girardi. Hopefully Staal can play on Friday. Have the Rangers considered sending Staal to a different eye doctor?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Don't know if Eminger deserved to be benched just because of the Ward goal. MDZ had a really rough game--other than that our D played great.

Brassard is just playing great. Hagelin had a big night as well. Richards best game so far. If he and Nash ever get going we'll win this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad