Post-Game Talk: Washington at New York Game 4: TIED Our Shoes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Confess...how long did it take you to come up with that? Nicely done.
Probably a solid 8 minutes. More than I budgeted for. Was really stuck until I remembered Squid and the Whale and Laura Linney. Girl's been in a billion movies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You don't want to count your chickens before they hatch, especially when it comes to defenseman, and young ones, at that. Moore has been very good thus far, but we're 20 games in. Obviously, I really like what I've seen from him, and he's looked very promising thus far, but let's not forget how MDZ looked in 11-12 and throughout the middle of '13 — he was excellent. Over the past few weeks, he's hit a rough patch. I thought he was also one of our better defenseman in the playoffs last season.

MDZ is still only 23 years old, he is very young. Clearly, the talent is there, and it's not like he's giving us more bad than good.

If MDZ is traded, I would not be surprised at all to see him flourish on another team.

He'd probably be a PPG player on the Oilers. They'd still miss the playoffs, but...

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
You don't want to count your chickens before they hatch, especially when it comes to defenseman, and young ones, at that. Moore has been very good thus far, but we're 20 games in. Obviously, I really like what I've seen from him, and he's looked very promising thus far, but let's not forget how MDZ looked in 11-12 and throughout the middle of '13 — he was excellent. Over the past few weeks, he's hit a rough patch. I thought he was also one of our better defenseman in the playoffs last season.

MDZ is still only 23 years old, he is very young. Clearly, the talent is there, and it's not like he's giving us more bad than good.

If MDZ is traded, I would not be surprised at all to see him flourish on another team.

I would not be surprised at all to see MDZ do very well elsewhere, but if we can trade him to Edmonton for the #7 and draft Nis... (whatever the name of the highly touted Russian kid is) I can't say I'd be too upset at this point.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I would not be surprised at all to see MDZ do very well elsewhere, but if we can trade him to Edmonton for the #7 and draft Nis... (whatever the name of the highly touted Russian kid is) I can't say I'd be too upset at this point.

Trade a young, proven top-4 defenseman for a sketchy Russian prospect?

Sounds like a Ranger move.

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
408546_457934424292604_1146117091_n.jpg

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Exactly. If they shoot, they're either hitting something or it has to go wide. I think that's a good way to carry it if the ones on the ice are gassed. Just get in front of their shots.

Also, when the Rangers sit back, it looks like it's throwing the Capitals flow off. When the Rangers would pressure, it'd open up a lane for the player with the puck to skate around or for a Cap to get open. Then the chances for the Caps go up. Instead, they're keeping the Caps play along the perimeter which means less scoring chances and low percentage shots. Of course it won't always be perfect, like the funny deflections.

We differ in perception and opinion, which is what makes this board so addictive.
I do not see the Capitals flow being thrown off, I see it being given an accelerator, like throwing gas on a fire.

Green Blob*

What was the word on why Staal didnt play? It took me till the 2nd period at the Garden to realize he wasnt playing :laugh:

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Trade a young, proven top-4 defenseman for a sketchy Russian prospect?

Sounds like a Ranger move.

Admittedly, I don't know what sort of player he is- I've done zero prospect research. But I would not mind trading Del Zotto for a young forward with super high upside at this point. He just hasn't developed in the way I was hoping for him to, and I'm starting to get the feeling that he's just not going to hit his full potential here.

But I'm happy to have him on the team for as long as he is, and I suppose that this isn't really the time to be discussing the topic, considering we just had a huge playoff win :)

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
You have to see these clowns over on the Caps board. They think the Refs were throwing the puck closer to the Rangers on faceoffs, so we would intentionally win them.

I personally was not ecstatic with the win. Hank looked shaky and could have probably stopped goal 2 and maybe goal 3. And he got lucky on that one that slid right through the crease. Our breakout was putrid at times. Like REALLY putrid. Again had trouble clearing the zone and get too comfortable sitting back and blocking shots at ES.

On the PK, I've come to terms that the Rangers will sit back and block shots, by getting in the shooting lanes. I might not like it, but it has made them successful.

Here's to hoping they clean up the sloppiness and take Game 5.

Green Blob*

When are they going to announce the start time for Sundays game?! I need to know asap if i have to get off from work.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
TSN 1290 who covers the Jets normally were talking about this series this morning and they said that it would be tough for us to keep Ovie off the scoreboard 2 games in a row. Then the one guy said "so that's Ovie for the Caps, do you think they have any answer for Brassard?" The other guy laughed and then realized that the first guy was serious. :laugh:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
You have to see these clowns over on the Caps board. They think the Refs were throwing the puck closer to the Rangers on faceoffs, so we would intentionally win them.

I personally was not ecstatic with the win. Hank looked shaky and could have probably stopped goal 2 and maybe goal 3. And he got lucky on that one that slid right through the crease. Our breakout was putrid at times. Like REALLY putrid. Again had trouble clearing the zone and get too comfortable sitting back and blocking shots at ES.

On the PK, I've come to terms that the Rangers will sit back and block shots, by getting in the shooting lanes. I might not like it, but it has made them successful.

Here's to hoping they clean up the sloppiness and take Game 5.
The hell?

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
The Rangers were beating the Caps to the puck in most cases tonight.
Were the Caps off a bit, did the Rangers up their commitment?

I'm pretty sure that the Rangers upped their energy and speed tonight. They looked very good on the speed and jump tonight.

The Rangers defended their blueline, made plays in the NTZ, won lose pucks and the forwards supported the D. These areas were about as good as they have been in a year.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Del Zotto needs to stop that fall down and swing the stick around non-sense, I don't know who taught him that, but he needs to cut it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad