Post-Game Talk: Washington at New York Game 4: TIED Our Shoes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
We have to fix the defense for the rest of the series. Playing with fire to continuously sit back like this at let them take wrist shots from the point which lead to deflections in front as well as long sustained offensive pressure since we aren't aggressive enough trying to retrieve too much. Also absolutely can never play the prevent defense late in games - at least against a team with a bunch of guys with great shots like Washington.

Oh and also, despite the last PPG, the powerplay for the most part sucked and really needs to get going.

Very good game tonight though. Lundqvist will be better and eventually Nash will show up.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It's hard to believe they won two playoff games with Hank giving up 3 goals in each game.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Played much better than the scoreboard indicated. Nice to see them continue playing well at home.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
The Rangers were beating the Caps to the puck in most cases tonight.
Were the Caps off a bit, did the Rangers up their commitment?

I'm pretty sure that the Rangers upped their energy and speed tonight. They looked very good on the speed and jump tonight.

bigbluebird

Dead Eyes McGee
Jan 3, 2012
Hiding in PlainSight
**** yeah!

This is how I pictured most of the games in this series going. Rangers dominating at ES, but failing to pull away sufficiently. Caps besieging us in the final 10, but coming up short.

I'm a lot more confident after this game, but I'm not ready to trust this team just yet. Still too predictable breakouts and the ridiculous 6 goalie system is still in full effect.

Hagelin
Brassard
Strålman

This! May never be ready tbqh...but glad about the win.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
I'm happy how they responded and came out in the 3rd. They went back to the gameplan after the power play goal. Of course the goal by Girardi helped. Excellent forecheck. Hagelin is a force.

Washington keeps getting these lucky goals. Would've been a different game.

*Bob Richards*

Girardi, Mac and Stralman just looked ******* steady tonight.

Stepan appears to be getting more and more acclimated to everything. 2 GWG's too. :D

As for our Columbus defectors, Rick Nash is a bum/Brass is a legend.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Amazing how the Rangers have scored 8 goals in the last two games, and most of them coming from secondary scorers. If Nash decides to take off his invisibility cloak and Staal returns for good, I like our chances in the series.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
how-to-tie-your-shoes-like-a-boss_1350.gif

I was gonna post that gif before I even saw the title. No **** :laugh:

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Anyone who doesn't appreciate what Anton Stralman does for this team, is not watching the games. He's been a stellar top 4 defensemen with Marc Staal out. He's step up in a time the Rangers needed a defensemen to step up.

Anton Stralman - Big Thumbs up from me.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Very glad to see this team can overcome its goalie giving up soft goals. They need to do more of that. That would have killed them during the regular season. Nice to see it change in the playoffs.

Keep the comedy coming! I am in a good mood right now after that win! :laugh:

Callafan24

Sep 22, 2010
New York City
Stralman with a hell of a game. Multiple times him and McD saved our ass. I really hope Staal can come back even just to play 3rd pairing minutes (Eminger was woah, DZ too)

McD Girardi
Moore Stralman
Staal MDZ

That D can go far with the King in net.:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad