Post-Game Talk: Washington at New York Game 4: TIED Our Shoes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
I really hope Oates roasted Ovie for that. Totally unacceptable...especially for a guy with a letter on his sweater. :shakehead

So frustrating seeing a big talented guy like that float.

I agree with you, but take a look at that pic again. Why have the Dmen completely forgotten Step behind them??? Complete screw up all around. I hope Ovie keeps playing the same way.
We need to sustain a much better forecheck in DC, and pressure Green and Carlson especially, so they don't enter our zone with speed. Also, stop collapsing down low in our end, allowing for so many shots from the point.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Good luck with that... Dan Girardi scored a powerplay tonight. He ain't going nowhere now.

Yeah, did anyone see how he, after sitting down on the bench, said "that's puckmovement"?

And Zucc and Brassard are really the best passers we currently have on the roster. I do wonder if BR couldn't be worked in on a PP with them, but even if not, let Zucc and Brassard run the PP, put Boyle infront of the net and put Girardi in a real "simplistic" role and we get a PP that isn't fundamentally flawes atleast...

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Caps fans claiming the refs are giving the Rangers these games, even going as far as saying that they are dropping the puck closer to the Rangers centers during face offs. :facepalm:

Jesus, they are truly an atrocious fanbase reaching for straws to explain why their amazing team lost 2 in a row to such a terrible squad

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Yeah, did anyone see how he, after sitting down on the bench, said "that's puckmovement"?

And Zucc and Brassard are really the best passers we currently have on the roster. I do wonder if BR couldn't be worked in on a PP with them, but even if not, let Zucc and Brassard run the PP, put Boyle infront of the net and put Girardi in a real "simplistic" role and we get a PP that isn't fundamentally flawes atleast...

That sounds all yogurt and strawberries on a sunny Saturday afternoon on the patio but there have been better power play structure and personnel fundamental constructs that failed far worse than this one which could very well work for us :laugh:

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Last two games Nash has been getting away with it. GWG-PA and the fact the team scored 4 each night in a relentless fashion breaking tie after tie. Paging Nash for game 5.

Don't wanna jinx it (I pulled a Marc Staal and pulled myself from GDTs until the end of the playoffs for the benefit of everyone, including my blood pressure) but Nash being invisible is one of the worst things that could happen to us during the playoffs. He really needs to step up already, his act is getting old. If Gabby was getting "locked down" by the WSH defense you would not be seeing as many supporters.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Also the Caps fanbase is by far one of my least favorite, but I'm so ambivalent about their team. I literally could not care less about that irrelevant franchise.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I gotta say that Hagelin really picked it up. I think he was very good for parts of G1, and didn't at all understand why some where a bit negative on him.

But then he disappeared for two games and durin per 1 last night he was just invisible. I was startin to think along the lines if Hags end to the season could turn out to be one of the biggest disappointments for the team. I had very high hopes for him to become a DIFFRENCE MAKER this season, not a star really nor like a PPG player, but someone who gave us something in like a top 5-6 forward role that other teams didn't have. And after his slow start, he was exactly that type of player. But after that he certainly has regressed.

But in the second and third period last night, he was definitely a big factor.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Caps fans claiming the refs are giving the Rangers these games, even going as far as saying that they are dropping the puck closer to the Rangers centers during face offs. :facepalm:

Jesus, they are truly an atrocious fanbase reaching for straws to explain why their amazing team lost 2 in a row to such a terrible squad

The conjectures regarding the face offs are stretching it a little and you can tell they're mad because they wouldn't being up such difficult to prove conspiracy theory that is surely to be mocked by other fan bases unless dey reel mad.

The frustrations over penalties I can definitely understand. It was however, only 4 penalties resulting from 3 plays. The double whammy on the Erat and Ovechkin play didn't make that much sense to me. To be frank, I didn't get a real great angle on it and I was staring and waiting to see how Ovechkin comes in the whole time and on highlight videos that I still haven't paid attention to the supposed hooking by Erat but calls were definitely the worst possible outcome in a play that might get called as only 1 penalty on most night and even 0 on some nights if the refs misses one and dismisses the other. The cross check on stralman was somewhat unnecessary and when the guy goes into the net, it's hard to argue for it to not be an infraction. I can maybe see a problem with the Callahan roughing but that's hockey and when throw a jab at the guy's face in front of the ref, what do you expect?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Phenomenal performance from period 1 on. Lundqvist was average tonight and the team stepped up. Freakin wonderful. If Lundqvist is himself and MDZ isn't a tard this was 4-1

The third goal is weird...it looked clear to me that it hit the back of the Cap player in front, yet they still credited it to Alzner. Lundqvist reacted, but missed it. If it was a deflection, I can't get on him too much. If it beat him cleanly, then yeah, real bad goal.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Don't wanna jinx it (I pulled a Marc Staal and pulled myself from GDTs until the end of the playoffs for the benefit of everyone, including my blood pressure) but Nash being invisible is one of the worst things that could happen to us during the playoffs. He really needs to step up already, his act is getting old. If Gabby was getting "locked down" by the WSH defense you would not be seeing as many supporters.

Nash is pulling a serious Gaborik :laugh:

thought we got rid of that ****er :sarcasm:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The third goal is weird...it looked clear to me that it hit the back of the Cap player in front, yet they still credited it to Alzner. Lundqvist reacted, but missed it. If it was a deflection, I can't get on him too much. If it beat him cleanly, then yeah, real bad goal.

meh, he was a bit late on his reactions on several plays during the night and his positioning was slightly off which can make a big difference in the form of goals on shots that would have otherwise been just that. That shot was impossibly off the crossbar though. You don't see that many perfect off the cross bar and in shots especially deflected ones. I think people would feel much better if Henrik reacted a bit more even if he still doesn't make the save.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Looked like a deflection. The replay I watched didn't show much.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

That goal is on him whether it was deflected or not. He's gotta be out further on shots from the blue line.

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC

They must be upset.:sarcasm::naughty:.............having a lazy floater for a captain.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
The thing with the Ovechkin charge is...if Stepan doesn't dodge right at the last second it's shoulder to head, lights out, seasons over. Such a reckless play to take a run at a guy being hooked in that scenario. Especially given the Asham "charge" as well.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

I don't agree.

Nash may not be 100%, but he is occupying an entire D by himself atleast ten times per game.

Gabby never did that, not even in games he scored three goals.

Nash is opening up space for his linemates when on the ice, and he forces Oates to pay alot of consideration to him when matching his team. We never got that effect with Gabby.

Cally has also been valuble, while also not finding the back of the net...

Jan 8, 2012
NY

They gave the third goal to Perrault. Deflection.

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
Overall it was a great game by the Rangers. The caps are a playoff team also with some good players so, I don't expect us to dominate for 60 min.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Didn't stop Olesky from going for Boyle's knees later in the game.

Team toughness is one thing that I fully support, but let's not overblow some trash talking from Clowe.

However, hitting Erskine has really paid off quite well in the last two games. A completely different presence from him since then.

aside from the Boyle thing, the kid was invisible most of the game after the talking to.

He was a non-factor pretty much the whole game where as in the previous games, he was doing something stupid.

Clowe had an impact there. Without question he did.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I don't agree.

Nash may not be 100%, but he is occupying an entire D by himself atleast ten times per game.

Nash is opening up space for his linemates when on the ice, and he forces Oates to pay alot of consideration to him when matching his team. We never got that effect with Gabby.

Good point, Ola. Nash is clearly drawing the attention of the Caps, as there are times that he's had three Caps defending him. This is where he needs to make better use of his linemates. Get him away from Richards, and back with Brassard. And, keep the Hags-Step-Cally line together.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I don't agree.

agree completely.

When Nash is not scoring, he is still impacting the game physically.

It takes two guys to stop Nash from doing what he does. That opens up opportunities.

He make an impact each and every game wether he is on the score board or not.

More often than not, if Gaborik doesn't score, he's not making an impact.

Nash is a different animal in that regards.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
agree completely.

When Nash is not scoring, he is still impacting the game physically.

It takes two guys to stop Nash from doing what he does. That opens up opportunities.

He make an impact each and every game wether he is on the score board or not.

More often than not, if Gaborik doesn't score, he's not making an impact.

Nash is a different animal in that regards.

Gabby did score in the Washington series last year though. With a torn shoulder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad