Post-Game Talk: Washington at New York Game 4: TIED Our Shoes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
What's upsetting is I have a BBQ Friday evening with one of my gf's coworkers and her bf who's a huge Habs fan. That he's a Habs fan is fine, I live near Montreal afterall (lol) but that I'll have to hear all about that series vs. getting to watch most of game 5... that's sad.

The flip side of it is that the Rangers do poorly literally every time I watch, and I mean even in sequences. Like tonight. I missed the first part and we went up 2-0. I came back and saw the Caps tie it up. I afk'd a bit and come back to see 4-2. Literally one minute after I return the Caps bring it to 4-3. I close the window out of fear and we win it. This is not a one-off occurrence. I am horrible for the Rangers. Or some superior being is punishing me. I don't believe in superstitious nonsense but damn it's some freaky coincidence all the time.

I will stay away!

darko

Feb 16, 2009
What's upsetting is I have a BBQ Friday evening with one of my gf's coworkers and her bf who's a huge Habs fan. That he's a Habs fan is fine, I live near Montreal afterall (lol) but that I'll have to hear all about that series vs. getting to watch most of game 5... that's sad.

The flip side of it is that the Rangers do poorly literally every time I watch, and I mean even in sequences. Like tonight. I missed the first part and we went up 2-0. I came back and saw the Caps tie it up. I afk'd a bit and come back to see 4-2. Literally one minute after I return the Caps bring it to 4-3. I close the window out of fear and we win it. This is not a one-off occurrence. I am horrible for the Rangers. Or some superior being is punishing me. I don't believe in superstitious nonsense but damn it's some freaky coincidence all the time.

I will stay away!

Well if Habs get eliminated tomorrow night he'll probably keep his mouth shut.

charlie460

Stone Age Hockey
Nov 25, 2011
Norway
The end is always a nailbiter.

Rangers played some of their best hockey in this game. Carry on into Washington.

RothmanHockey

I might have missed it but was it said why Staal didnt play and if hell be back for the next game?

Ryan McDonagh explained that Marc felt he couldn't help the team by playing, that he basically pulled himself from the lineup.

We know what Marc is to this team, but he’s going to have ups and downs on his comeback. It’s a very humble and gutsy decision by him to sit out, knowing he doesn’t want to hurt the team. If he’s not ready he’s not just going to play because he’s Marc Staal.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Well if Habs get eliminated tomorrow night he'll probably keep his mouth shut.

That's never gonna happen. It wouldn't happen under normal circumstances, but then it'd be a pity party. Now it's all about being cheated and being so much better than Ottawa. It's even worse. I'll hear about it all Summer.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The play of the games goes to......

20130509136808541567205.gif

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Last two games Nash has been getting away with it. GWG-PA and the fact the team scored 4 each night in a relentless fashion breaking tie after tie. Paging Nash for game 5.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers made game 3 stick by taking game 4. 2-2. They need to come out strong in game 5. The pressure is on the Caps in game 5. Washington doesn't want to come back to NY down 3-2 facing elimination. Get the lead in game 5. The Caps will be tight.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
That's never gonna happen. It wouldn't happen under normal circumstances, but then it'd be a pity party. Now it's all about being cheated and being so much better than Ottawa. It's even worse. I'll hear about it all Summer.

Tell him how much we're enjoying McD. And if you're in the mood for some fun ask him why P.K. got a Norris nod over RM.:)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The play of the games goes to......

20130509136808541567205.gif

Wow, that's unreal. Disgusting lack of effort for any professional. And from you captain? Wow...

Also, not that it matters, but why is Alzner credited with the third Caps goal? It looked pretty clear that it caromed off the back of Perreault.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
If I were Oates I would pull the C off Ovechkin's jersey. That's just inexcusable on any level.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There's a GIF from a different angle, you can see him "skating" in like that from the blue line. Unbelievable.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
People on here ripped on Gabby for being lazy at times. Imagine what they would do to Ovie or Kovy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad