Confirmed with Link: Walman and a 2nd Round Pick traded to SJ

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
There goes the theory of other gms knowing there is something wrong behind the scenes with Walman.

It actually doesn't. That just means that they also would have taken Walman and a 2nd rounder for nothing. That whatever is going on with Walman and his 3M salary, it's worth it to pick up a 2nd rounder.

They could be surprised he'd actually pay that... but I don't get out of that that they were willing to go higher or take less.

Reactions: sepster

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
It actually doesn't. That just means that they also would have taken Walman and a 2nd rounder for nothing. That whatever is going on with Walman and his 3M salary, it's worth it to pick up a 2nd rounder.

They could be surprised he'd actually pay that... but I don't get out of that that they were willing to go higher or take less.
"GMs surprised by the sweetener to offload Walman"

Hmm... this "sweetener" thing and future considerations really will make this interesting.
I am still wondering if there are examples of "future considerations" ever actually turning into something?

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
The biggest ‘claim’ that is all over Twitter….
Walman posted on social media a picture of the beach when the team was on the road in south Florida. He captioned it with ‘On Vacation’.

This occurred when the team was without Larkin and tanking badly as the season started to fall apart.

This upset a lot of people in the organization including teammates. He was confronted and took it down. But it may have built resentment.

This still doesn’t seem to be enough to derail a guys career to me. Either way lots of beaches near San Jose. 2 years of vacation for him now.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

I took it as the other gms being surprised by a sweetener. Oh well

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Future considerations, as in maybe let's see what we can get done and what our cap space looks like before we decide what we want from you is my guess. Many GMs are surprised about the sweetener and didn't know about the deal, because Yzerman wanted whatever San Jose had to offer. Look forward to people changing their opinion on the deal in the future, or me being completely wrong also.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Walman posted on social media a picture of the beach when the team was on the road in south Florida. He captioned it with ‘On Vacation’.

This occurred when the team was without Larkin and tanking badly as the season started to fall apart.

This upset a lot of people in the organization including teammates. He was confronted and took it down. But it may have built resentment.

That was the time, when our team looked so damn piss poor. They lost for Panthers 0-4 and then went to lose Avs 2-7 and then to Arizona 0-4.

After that Arizona-loss these was some negative Walman-whispers.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Future considerations, as in maybe let's see what we can get done and what our cap space looks like before we decide what we want from you is my guess. Many GMs are surprised about the sweetener and didn't know about the deal, because Yzerman wanted whatever San Jose had to offer. Look forward to people changing their opinion on the deal in the future, or me being completely wrong also.
You realize how insane this sounds, right?

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
The biggest ‘claim’ that is all over Twitter….

This still doesn’t seem to be enough to derail a guys career to me. Either way lots of beaches near San Jose. 2 years of vacation for him now.
At least he was honest. The entire team took a vacation when Larkin was injured.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

I respect you optimism.

Do we need examples?

Maybe Yzerman is creating something new and his own history.

I am all for some out of the box maneuvering. Im skeptical that is what is going on here but I am all for it.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
You realize how insane this sounds, right?

I didn't touch your drum set.

I respect you optimism.

I am all for some out of the box maneuvering. Im skeptical that is what is going on here but I am all for it.

Thank you. I will accept the likely fact I'm wrong, but I'm keeping receipts in the small chance I'm correct.

• Haha
Reactions: izlez and SirloinUB

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I don't get hung up on what talking heads say, getting mad about speculation from people outside the organization is useless. Until we actually trade for Jarry or Gibson getting worked up about it is dumb.
Yeah, everyone chill out.

giphy.webp

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Here is a RANDOM guess at Future considerations.

Detroit gets the option;
Swap pick 15 in exchange for pick 14
OR
Swap pick 47 in exchange for pick 33.

Maybe Detroit really wants a guy at 15 and would pull the trigger if he is there. But Detroit isn’t interested in moving up one spot, if that particular player isn’t there. So wanted to keep the 2nd option open.

It seems too convoluted to announce at the time of the trade…. So they called it ‘future considerations’.

95ed64daa72379e7419b173d0bcac5cd.jpg

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
If Goodrow was a part of this trade why wasn't he traded in the first place instead of Future considerations?
I was joking. But just maybe they paid up to have that free option or if they don’t get what they’re looking for in free agency they send back Goodrow. Highly unlikely, I know, but maybe that’s why they dealt with San Jose and sent back a 2nd rd pick

If Goodrow was a part of this trade why wasn't he traded in the first place instead of Future considerations?
I was joking. But just maybe they paid up to have that free option and if they don’t get what they’re looking for in free agency they send back Goodrow. Highly unlikely, I know, but maybe that’s why they dealt with San Jose and sent back a 2

Mr Nimbus

May 27, 2022
London
Free agency or the off-season haven’t even started yet, good lord. I can guarantee that Yzerman doesn’t make rash, impulsive moves like this unless he’s up to something big. This is not Ken Holland we are talking about. He knows fans are running out of patience and he sees what Ottawa and other teams inter division are doing and are going to do, he’s going to be aggressive.
Sorry but after the holl and petry debacle and this walman trade, Yzerman is out of runway with me. These are horrible hockey moves. You cannot tell me these were good for the wings. And the sooner we can rid ourselves of copp holl and petry the better. To each their own I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad