Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk - will he stay or will he go

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
My kids have plenty of social media and one is a pretty highly thought of police officer and the other is a registered sonographer working in one of the greatest hospitals in the world....both see alot of death, despair and tragedy so soft isn't a word I would use for them,. I do guess they are sensitive since they are trying to do their part giving comfort to those who need it in some pretty bad situations. As far as being self centered, they have jobs that are pretty as selfless as it gets, but what do I know I sit behind a desk all day.
No, I get it. I'm definitely guilty of overgeneralizing. There are any number of social media uses that do great good. And most certainly a huge population of "young" people who are absolute champions.

I don't by any means mean to denigrate a whole generation. That would be foolish, short sighted and just make me one of those curmudgeonly old fools.

That said, I do think that Social Media provides an all too easy avenue for us all to fall prey to our most base impulses. Namely, self centered narcissism. And unfortunately, because the younger generation(s) have been raised and specifically targeted by the cynical algorithms that companies use to get us addicted to our devices and apps -- they take the brunt of that pressure.

Not their fault. But social media most certainly is something they have to consider very carefully how and how not to integrate into their lives.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
This sentiment reminds me of the time I read about the quote attributed to Socrates complaining about the youth and how they have bad manners, prefer luxury over hard work, contempt for authority, etc.

Since the beginning of time the older generation always thinks the next generation is worse than they were.

When in reality if the next generation was always getting worse since 500BC, we wouldn’t exist anymore
''Sorry I don't remember which subtweet you are referring to. I post a lot of nonsense.''
You got that right Gonzo.
It's an onward and upward trek, in spite of all seemingly contradictory appearances.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Your comment makes me SAngry. It's a word that meshes Angry with Sad -- I use it because I really have a deep need for as many people as possible to know just how sad and angry I am. Of course just telling a specific person that they "make me angry and sad at the same time" is, like, so last century.

But I've wasted enough time on you. Gonna go have breakfast and then need to post what I ate. Gonna do that because, well, I want total and complete strangers to know what I had for breakfast. And what I ate. And what I felt while eating it. And what they think about me. And my breakfast. And me. Did I say "me" already?
1719602533619.png

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Your comment makes me SAngry. It's a word that meshes Angry with Sad -- I use it because I really have a deep need for as many people as possible to know just how sad and angry I am. Of course just telling a specific person that they "make me angry and sad at the same time" is, like, so last century.

But I've wasted enough time on you. Gonna go have breakfast and then need to post what I ate. Gonna do that because, well, I want total and complete strangers to know what I had for breakfast. And what I ate. And what I felt while eating it. And what they think about me. And my breakfast. And me. Did I say "me" already?
Don’t forget to post when the first snowfall of the year happens and make sure to make it about yourself. One of the unwritten social media rules.

• Haha
Reactions: Number8

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Bruins can’t afford Jake anyways

Lindy & Sway getting 16 M
Hate losing very good players for nothing especially one that plays a 200 foot game like Jake. His best days are in front of him.

Best part in all this will be all the Jake whiners can move on to someone else,

I have a few recommendation lol

Reactions: pearljamvs5 and DKH

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
None of us will mind him scoring 30 for Calgary for 7m per. Go get it Jake. We had our time.
Strong possibility.
Edmonton would be a preference but they just don't have the cap space. Jake would eat up a lot of the 9 mil the Oil have left.
Calgary looking good at 29 mil
But I wouldn't rule out Seattle or Nashville.

IveGotToBeMe

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
RI
As much as I think he'd prefer to be closer to home in Edmonton, the Oilers don't have the cap space. Calgary is not that far but I think he takes the most $ he's offered. I like Jake as a player but he's not a $7MM per year guy and if he gets 7 year term as well someone is getting screwed. I'd be no more than $5.5MM per year for 5 years.

Reactions: JAD and Ladyfan

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I see tanev go to Toronto because he is probably going to sign there.. no collusion or anything l..but if they know jdb is gone then trade his rights for a sandwich coupon. Anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad