Former Bruins Jake DeBrusk - gone to Nucks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Sweeney heading into yet another season short of at least one if not two top 6 forwards.

Few GMs are so comfortable with the team's flaw being at the top of the roster.
Im happy with that. We have at least 2 kids ready for some prime time action. Lets see what they got and re-adjust as needed. Better than overpaying for UFAs.

Reactions: Gordoff

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
For what it's worth, he took Boston out of his Instagram bio. Just says Edmonton now, used to say both.
Is that the modern day kid's version of putting a line through the "I love Mary" tattoo?

Social media makes this world and the younger generation in particular (not their fault by the way) so extremely soft, sensitive, and self centered.

Sign, don't sign. But seriously, who the f*** gives a shit where your Insta location is four days before UFA opens?

Rather than dick around with your "profile" to show you're moving on, have the balls to just come out and say in a big boy voice that you're not signing. Either that, or just keep your yap and your phone quiet until you sign somewhere.

For f***'s sake.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Is that the modern day kid's version of putting a line through the "I love Mary" tattoo?

Social media makes this world and the younger generation in particular (not their fault by the way) so extremely soft, sensitive, and self centered.

Sign, don't sign. But seriously, who the f*** gives a shit where your Insta location is four days before UFA opens?

Rather than dick around with your "profile" to show you're moving on, have the balls to just come out and say in a big boy voice that you're not signing. Either that, or just keep your yap and your phone quiet until you sign somewhere.

For f***'s sake.

It’s funny to call the guy soft while you yourself are flying off the handle because he updated his social media profile

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

For f***'s sake.
My kids have plenty of social media and one is a pretty highly thought of police officer and the other is a registered sonographer working in one of the greatest hospitals in the world....both see alot of death, despair and tragedy so soft isn't a word I would use for them,. I do guess they are sensitive since they are trying to do their part giving comfort to those who need it in some pretty bad situations. As far as being self centered, they have jobs that are pretty as selfless as it gets, but what do I know I sit behind a desk all day.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
My kids have plenty of social media and one is a pretty highly thought of police officer and the other is a registered sonographer working in one of the greatest hospitals in the world....both see alot of death, despair and tragedy so soft isn't a word I would use for them,. I do guess they are sensitive since they are trying to do their part giving comfort to those who need it in some pretty bad situations. As far as being self centered, they have jobs that are pretty as selfless as it gets, but what do I know I sit behind a desk all day.

This sentiment reminds me of the time I read about the quote attributed to Socrates complaining about the youth and how they have bad manners, prefer luxury over hard work, contempt for authority, etc.

Since the beginning of time the older generation always thinks the next generation is worse than they were.

When in reality if the next generation was always getting worse since 500BC, we wouldn’t exist anymore

Reactions: Gee Wally

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
This sentiment reminds me of the time I read about the quote attributed to Socrates complaining about the youth and how they have bad manners, prefer luxury over hard work, contempt for authority, etc.

Since the beginning of time the older generation always thinks the next generation is worse than they were.

When in reality if the next generation was always getting worse since 500BC, we wouldn’t exist anymore
Zero doubt to me that my fathers generation and my kids generation are far superior to my generation.

My family dinner the other night, my wife had two patients pass, and she was late consoling family members, one kid had to repsond to a horrific suicide and the other kid had to scan an infant that was 24 OUNCES in NICU and listen while the doctor gave the mother the bad news. Me? Someone had the audacity to put mustard on my sandwich

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Zero doubt to me that my fathers generation and my kids generation are far superior to my generation.

My family dinner the other night, my wife had two patients pass, and she was late consoling family members, one kid had to repsond to a horrific suicide and the other kid had to scan an infant that was 24 OUNCES in NICU and listen while the doctor gave the mother the bad news. Me? Someone had the audacity to put mustard on my sandwich

Yea I identify with that. I work a ridiculously cushy tech job making way too much money working maybe 10-15 hours a week from home.

My wife teaches special ed at a low income city school.

My complaints pale in comparison. My rough days are a joke compared to hers. I could not in a million years do what she does. I wouldn’t survive working in a hospital treating sick kids or anything like that either.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
No way TT is better than DeBrusk.

Teraveinen has had 5 seasons where his points totals surpassed Debrusk’s career high and some by a very considerable margin. points totals of 76, 65, 64, 63 and most recent season with 53.

Meanwhile debrusks are 50, 43, 42, 42 and most recently 40.

He has very similar PK and PP deployments. Only caveat is that he’s 2 years older so he should be a little discount.

I’m honestly not sure how it’s even really that close, nevermind being in favor of Debrusk.

Reactions: NDiesel and Grimey

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It’s funny to call the guy soft while you yourself are flying off the handle because he updated his social media profile
Your comment makes me SAngry. It's a word that meshes Angry with Sad -- I use it because I really have a deep need for as many people as possible to know just how sad and angry I am. Of course just telling a specific person that they "make me angry and sad at the same time" is, like, so last century.

But I've wasted enough time on you. Gonna go have breakfast and then need to post what I ate. Gonna do that because, well, I want total and complete strangers to know what I had for breakfast. And what I ate. And what I felt while eating it. And what they think about me. And my breakfast. And me. Did I say "me" already?

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

bless your family for doing the work they do to help people .

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Im happy with that. We have at least 2 kids ready for some prime time action. Lets see what they got and re-adjust as needed. Better than overpaying for UFAs.

Top 6 or depth roles? I worry the Bruins are saturated with the depth bottom six NHL prospects. Debrusk is a 2nd line winger and a good one even if his time has come here.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Top 6 or depth roles? I worry the Bruins are saturated with the depth bottom six NHL prospects. Debrusk is a 2nd line winger and a good one even if his time has come here.
DeBrusk is a fine complementary winger, but doesn't really do much on his own. He's only ever scored 20+ goals in a season when he's stapled next to Krejci or Bergeron and the 1st power play unit regardless of how he's performing on a night to night basis.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
MIddle six. We have several middle six players this upcoming season that can be moved around.

Bottom line has its identity, so does top line.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Young Jake will soon learn what the grass is like in Calgary (not a weed joke lol), for say 750k more than he'd have made in Boston.

That's gonna be a lesson. It won't be as green as you think. Ask Huberdeau and the half dozen who have fled.
Jake is from Edm though so I think having his family and friends around will be worth it to him. Anyways I am looking at this like he is gone so need to focus on what can be done here .Hopefully Sweeney don't waste cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad