Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Plus the Habs liked Ryan Leonard more than Michkov anyway (just like the Capitals do). If Habs were taking a forward last year, it woulnd't have even been Michkov.
This ^ .....there are tons of other reasons as well, like him only visiting Philly, unknowns with him, Bobrov's connections to get the inside scoop, etc, but hey, the same whiners always come back with this Bitchkov stuff.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Plot Twist:

Hughes actually picked Dickinson, but Celine said "Screw that" and announced Demidov.
2cs91r.gif

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Haha that was amazing, Celine taking her sweet time.

But why are we still underrating Slaf? It's not obvious to me that Demidov will be better. He can be of course but we're acting like Hughes finally got the draft right.

And I don't want to seem like I'm picking on you. It's a pretty common feeling in this thread. Slaf can end up being one scary f***ing player. I won't be surprised at all if Slaf is still the crown jewel of this org when all is said and done.
No, you're right.

I love Slaf for sure; I just think when he was drafted, there were some different feelings, and he's a different player to Demidov. For Slaf, it's always been about the potential package, and if that whole package can come together, look out. He's starting to put it together, but obviously it's a process. I'm not a scout so it's hard for me to see a project player and hope what a guy may become (in Slaf's case) rather than Demidov, who is already insanely skilled and dynamic at this age.

I agree with you that, when it's all said and done, Slaf might be the guy we look back on with the most pride being picked.

I was so disenchanted with our previous development team that it was almost like a "here we go again" type feeling rather than feeling like we just picked our next superstar. Obviously since then Slaf's started blossoming into the player the org and scouts envisioned when they took him and it's been fun to watch.

Last night was just a stark contrast to last year, I guess. Last year, I felt a bit defeated, like the team was settling on safe rather than take a risk to try and bring the next Russian star to Montreal. I'm not going to go into MM vs. DR as it's been beaten to death (and can now reasonably be forgotten about, hopefully) but it just felt good.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
So after spending weeks and months and possibly years shitting on Michkov elsewhere, you come here to shit up this thread that's not about Michkov whatsoever. It's Demidov, an entirely different person and entirely different player and he's the Habs' player. Take an Imodium, for a love of god.
I don't know about the talent difference between Mitchkov and Demidov, but one thing is clear: Demidov was very happy to play for the Habs. You can see it clearly yesterday.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

I have to say that Jeff Gorton is a great builder. He came here and took an organization that was basically in shambles and within a couple of years built a top-notch machine. I look at Hughes, St Laurent, Bobrov and all the other people he brought in, and I have to say we have to go to the 70s to find a better-run Habs organization, and with a little bit of time he may even rival that 70s team. Jeff may be from Boston but he knows his shit.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
It’s just a pipe dream. Even if he were to be less talented than Michkov offensively, he is a much better fit with this core that values character and hard work. In the end, when all is said and done, I think I prefer Demidov-Reinbacher to Michkov-Yakemchuk/Parekh (if we want to compare W for W and RHD for RHD).

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Plot Twist:

Hughes actually picked Dickinson, but Celine said "Screw that" and announced Demidov.
Remember, when they said she wanted to buy the team..................the joke was we would be the Montreal Celine Dions......................
What a coup for the habs to bring her up to announce their pick!! Good to see her health getting better these days.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Couldn't have worked out better. First, things had to fall in place for him to be available at 5. And the Lindstrom v Demidov issue was taken out of our hands.

Regardless of what happens, this was the right pick for us. He was BPA as far as I'm concerned and we have a blue chip high skill forward prospect. The skill is there, the skating is there and he is not small. And he isn't a liability defensively. So no glaring issues of any kind, finally.

Reactions: Redux91

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I can see why teams were glowing about his interview. Under 2 years learning English and he was a very good interview, he was commanding the questions and room with such quiet confidence. Really personable kid.

I bet the boys like Slaf, Suzuki, Cole and Dach are fired up.
Many of them liked the post when the Habs announced his drafting.

I like how one person put it on X, he is an aura about him. On Sportsnet they described him as a bulldog who just happens to have elite talent.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad