W Joshua Roy - Laval Rocket, AHL (2021, 150th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wackster

Apr 5, 2017
Quebec city
Back then, he was considerably more talented than Sam Poulin. Poulin would produce a lot from protecting the puck with his big body and outskating the opponent. Parent would cut through everyone on the ice. He was an outstanding young player. Both were neck to neck until they got to the QMJHL. I don't know what happened to him in Halifax, but what we see this year is much closer to what we've seen from him in Midget AAA and earlier.

Absolutely. Also from what I saw PArent is willing to play the checking game which could help him translate his game on the next level. Hope nothing but the best for him

Reactions: Rockomax

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
1g, 2a today. 58 points in 31 games, it's pretty good.
On pace for 127 points in a full 68 game schedule. Crazy consistency too, he has points in all but 4 games this season. What a turn around for him, always happy to see prospects explode like this (more so when they're habs prospects!)

Reactions: Dominance

bootzycollins

Feb 18, 2022
I admittedly haven't followed Roy much as a prospect - what explains his poor ratings (Dobber) and subsequent 5th round selection? Was he just a late bloomer?

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
I admittedly haven't followed Roy much as a prospect - what explains his poor ratings (Dobber) and subsequent 5th round selection? Was he just a late bloomer?

Someone else will chime in, but from what I remember he is super talented (1st OA in the Q), had some issues with his coaches in Saint John, isn't the greatest skater, poor work ethic and conditioning issues

Reactions: Dutronc

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He was one of the youngest players in the last year draft.
He is still 18 for about 6 months.

Almost 70 points already this season, in just 36 games.
During exhibition he was definitely noticeable as well, which for a recently drafted 5th rounder is surprising. Management will likely have a tough decision to make come the fall as he can’t go to the A but may still not be ready for the show, could also see them keep him back to do the whole WJC thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad