W Joshua Roy - Laval Rocket, AHL (2021, 150th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Another OT winner yesterday evening. Joshua Roy is continuing to rack up the points. He was 6 weeks away from being only 2022 eligible as he's an August birthday. He now has 45 points in 24 games.

It's obviously a long shot, but I'd love to see him on the WJC team.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Currently leads the QMJHL in points.

I was at that game (live in Sherbrooke, Victoriaville Tigres fan). Roy was head and shoulders above everyone. Even my friend who does not follow hockey that much was really impressed with him.

My Tigres suck this year, but it was still an impressive performance.

Fun fact, Francis Bouillon was there to watch him. Isn't he a development coach for the Habs or something?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was at that game (live in Sherbrooke, Victoriaville Tigres fan). Roy was head and shoulders above everyone. Even my friend who does not follow hockey that much was really impressed with him.

My Tigres suck this year, but it was still an impressive performance.

Fun fact, Francis Bouillon was there to watch him. Isn't he a development coach for the Habs or something?

yes he is a development coach at least for now.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
it's his firt real productive season and he's now 20 and will turn 21 in march.

and he's undersized.
Thank you... When scouting him I did think that he reminded me of an older pickup league guy...

Glad to see you guys agree...

He's still doing well.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Thank you... When scouting him I did think that he reminded me of an older pickup league guy...

Glad to see you guys agree...

He's still doing well.
Roy drives the play. Don't get me wrong tho, he very much benefits from playing with Parent, and Parent with Roy. This is what happens when two good junior play together, nothong wrong here. Same thing as Savoie playing on that stacked Winnipeg team

Reactions: Dominance

Wackster

Apr 5, 2017
Quebec city
If anyone has watched these videos of J Roy, Can you please tell me who drafted number 11 Parent...

Went undrafted... he was seen as the next big thing in PeeWee was drafted top 5 in the Q and could not find his game. I could still manage a pro career but probably not a top 6 player in north america

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Went undrafted... he was seen as the next big thing in PeeWee was drafted top 5 in the Q and could not find his game. I could still manage a pro career but probably not a top 6 player in north america
Back then, he was considerably more talented than Sam Poulin. Poulin would produce a lot from protecting the puck with his big body and outskating the opponent. Parent would cut through everyone on the ice. He was an outstanding young player. Both were neck to neck until they got to the QMJHL. I don't know what happened to him in Halifax, but what we see this year is much closer to what we've seen from him in Midget AAA and earlier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad