W Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024, 3rd, ANA)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Everything you just said has absolutely no relevance towards Demidov and Celebrini being “finished products”, as that other poster said. That is utterly idiotic. No 18-year-olds are finished developing.

You just wrote an essay about Sennecke having a lot of upside and being raw, which is true. But it has nothing to do with the outlandish claim the other guy made.

If you think that’s an essay , you havnt met bernmeister or hockeyduckie yet.

I assume when he said finished product he was more speaking on physically…. But even if he wasn’t I’d say Demidov/celebrini are much closer to the player they are going to be today, than sennecke.

So no I Don’t think it’s an idiotic take, I think you just saw Demidov and Celebrini and went red mode…. I’d assume you are a Montreal fan

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
If you think that’s an essay , you havnt met bernmeister or hockeyduckie yet.

I assume when he said finished product he was more speaking on physically…. But even if he wasn’t I’d say Demidov/celebrini are much closer to the player they are going to be today, than sennecke.

So no I Don’t think it’s an idiotic take, I think you just saw Demidov and Celebrini and went red mode…. I’d assume you are a Montreal fan
Two players who show superstar potential, and who have the highest offensive upside in the draft, are closer to their peak than Sennecke? I’m assuming you’re a Ducks fan?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Two players who show superstar potential, and who have the highest offensive upside in the draft, are closer to their peak than Sennecke? I’m assuming you’re a Ducks fan?

Figured only people in this thread are duck fans, sennecke fans and Montreal fans with inferiority complex
(no offense for the rational Montreal hockey fans among them, who I do enjoy talking to).

Yes, Demidov/celebrini are already “superstars” and have the expectations of being superstars…. Sennecke is a project, he’s not a superstar yet…. But could be down the line.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Figured only people in this thread are duck fans, sennecke fans and Montreal fans with inferiority complex
(no offense for the rational Montreal hockey fans among them, who I do enjoy talking to).

Yes, Demidov/celebrini are already “superstars” and have the expectations of being superstars…. Sennecke is a project, he’s not a superstar yet…. But could be down the line.
Of course he could be. Nowhere did I argue against that. The only thing I took exception to was the other guy calling Celebrini and Demidov finished products.

I’m not even sure why you quoted my post when I disagree with nothing you’ve said as it pertains to Sennecke.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Beckett Sennecke, qualified for the OHL 1/2 Final page 2, player completely ignored

Beckett Sennecke after a few more matches, page 23, most highlighted player.

Even though it's the same guy, with the same level

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Of course he could be. Nowhere did I argue against that. The only thing I took exception to was the other guy calling Celebrini and Demidov finished products.

I’m not even sure why you quoted my post when I disagree with nothing you’ve said as it pertains to Sennecke.
I explained that earlier, that he was prob speaking specifically about physical attributes, and it wasn’t fair to call it an idiotic take when it is a rational take(specifically talking about body mass/size).

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I explained that earlier, that he was prob speaking specifically about physical attributes, and it wasn’t fair to call it an idiotic take when it is a rational take(specifically talking about body mass/size).
You’re speaking for him and making assumptions. He never specified nor was it overtly clear he was talking about his physical attributes. It wasn’t even implied. He simply said Sennecke was eary in his developmental curve.

As if the other two aren’t… It’s clear this is a futile argument as you’ve assumed to know what the other dude meant and are arguing for the sake of it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You’re speaking for him and making assumptions. He never specified nor was it overtly clear he was talking about his physical attributes. It wasn’t even implied. He simply said Sennecke was eary in his developmental curve.

As if the other two aren’t… It’s clear this is a futile argument as you’ve assumed to know what the other dude meant and are arguing for the sake of it.

And then I explained how that can be true too

welcome to the world of public forums

There is a Demidov thread, Montreal fans are aware of this correct?

Reactions: 57special

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
And then I explained how that can be true too

welcome to the world of public forums

There is a Demidov thread, Montreal fans are aware of this correct?
Again, I agreed that Sennecke was a late bloomer and had loads of untapped potential. The problem is assuming other 18-year-olds don’t, which is what the other guy did. And no, he never specified he was only speaking about physical tools.

You replied to me, and kept the argument going with your straw man arguments. So stop with the sassy attitude.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Again, I agreed that Sennecke was a late bloomer and had loads of untapped potential. The problem is assuming other 18-year-olds don’t, which is what the other guy did. And no, he never specified he was only speaking about physical tools.

You replied to me, and kept the argument going with your straw man arguments. So stop with the sassy attitude.
You came into the thread with a bad attitude becuase you didn’t agree with another posters opinion

I wouldn’t have responded to you either

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
you'd think habs fans wouldn't give two shits about sennecke or anyone else they didn't draft with their 1st pick considering they got "their guy," but here we are

says a lot about who some of them really wanted

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
you'd think habs fans wouldn't give two shits about sennecke or anyone else they didn't draft with their 1st pick considering they got "their guy," but here we are

says a lot about who some of them really wanted
It’s because many sources had the Habs possibly taking him, and a lot of us didn’t want him. I wouldn’t have took him in the top 15.

Tell me what he’s done to be regarded above guys like the following, other than ANA reaching for him:

•Greentree
•Connelly
•Hage
•Luchanko
•Boisvert

The Ducks reached massively for a guy who isn’t really better than any of the above. The pick is reminiscent of Kotkaniemi (MTL, ‘18), Hayton (ARI, ‘18), and Thomas Hickey (LA, ‘07).

• Haha
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It’s because many sources had the Habs possibly taking him, and a lot of us didn’t want him. I wouldn’t have took him in the top 15.

Tell me what he’s done to be regarded above guys like the following, other than ANA reaching for him:

•Greentree
•Connelly
•Hage
•Luchanko
•Boisvert

The Ducks reached massively for a guy who isn’t really better than any of the above. The pick is reminiscent of Kotkaniemi (MTL, ‘18), Hayton (ARI, ‘18), and Thomas Hickey (LA, ‘07).
that's great man. good for you guys

i didn't like the pick for the ducks and still don't, but i get a kick out of how you guys seemingly can't stop talking about a guy you supposedly "didn't want"

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

•Greentree
•Connelly
•Hage
•Luchanko
•Boisvert

From the Hockey News:

Now 6-foot-3 and 182 pounds, Sennecke was only 5-foot-10 and 150 pounds when Oshawa took him in the OHL draft two years ago. Some scouts think the right winger might even continue growing, though Sennecke says he's perfectly fine whether he gets any taller or not. For the Ducks, the package he brings to the table was irresistible.
"What we love about the player is the skating ability and the hockey sense," said GM Pat Verbeek. "His individual skill level is off the charts and he's the type of player who can play any game on the ice, whether it's a physical game, a skill game or a fast-paced game."
And while Sennecke had a very nice regular season with the Generals, he was a beast in the playoffs with 22 points in 16 games, helping Oshawa on a surprise run to the OHL final. So ending strong probably helped his cause, eh?
"I think it was probably the driving factor," Sennecke said. "They want someone who produces in the playoffs and shows up when it matters most and I do think I'm a playoff performer."

• Greentree has skating issues. Like many other scorers who can't skate, they drop in the draft.
  • Connelly had two issues: 1) off-ice problems and 2) USHL level of competition
  • Hage: USHL level of competition
  • Luchanko: is 5'10/5'11 (an OHL product who got drafted ahead of Greentree, Connelly, Hage, and Boisvert)
  • Boisvert: USHL level of competition

There are reasons why OHL'er Sennecke is high risk, but also many reasons why he could become high reward. Something clicked in the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs. It could be his brain and elongated body finally got into sync. He's got immense talent that reminds me a lot of 2021, 5th OA Kent Johnson... but taller and slightly more team oriented in play.

We won't know for another 3-5 years if the risk was worth the reward. Anaheim had a similar situation back in 2021 in drafting Mason McTavish 3rd OA. In his D+1 season, he helped Hamilton with the OHL championships, captained team Canada to a WJC-20 gold, and was MVP at the WJC-20. That kinda quelled a lot of naysayers.

Reactions: Johnnyduck

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
why not discuss the prospect your own team drafted then instead of posting about how bad of a pick sennecke was over and over again?

just can't let him go huh?
Because I can discuss whatever I want to. That’s what the site is for. I’m sorry that bothers you. Feel free to ignore posts you don’t like.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Johnnyduck

Aug 24, 2010
Newport Beach
Well geez if Madden or PV gets canned in the near future, we will all have to remember “Garbageyuk” and consider him for the open position… the guy is clearly more well versed than ex nhlers and professional long tenured scouts.

This whole thread has become ridiculous. The kid is 6’3 is clearly still growing, comes from a household of athletic professionalism, has elite puck skills, solid skating, excellent vision, a great shot, can play any style game to win, can/likes to turn it on when it matters most, and is right handed (which was dire for us) sounds like a legitimate 3rd OA pick to me.

Habs fans I really dont understand why you're here. Seems like you got your guy and we got ours. Hard stop. If you’re here because you can’t sleep at night, tossing and turning wondering why the Ducks staff took Sennecke over Demidov, well… It's because they believe Sennecke will be the better player and thats as much a possibility as the contrary ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 18, 2011
Beckett Sennecke, qualified for the OHL 1/2 Final page 2, player completely ignored

Beckett Sennecke after a few more matches, page 23, most highlighted player.

Even though it's the same guy, with the same level
It's not the same guy, it's someone who grew substantially very quickly and adjusting to his body. Without the growth spurt and what he showed after he wouldn't be picked this high, but he did have it and evidently Anaheim thinks it's a chance at a special player

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
It's not the same guy, it's someone who grew substantially very quickly and adjusting to his body. Without the growth spurt and what he showed after he wouldn't be picked this high, but he did have it and evidently Anaheim thinks it's a chance at a special player
No, there are only 15 days between the end of page 2 of the topic and the end of the season.

I would even say that compared to his U17 season which was excellent, he was completely ignored.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Well geez if Madden or PV gets canned in the near future, we will all have to remember “Garbageyuk” and consider him for the open position… the guy is clearly more well versed than ex nhlers and professional long tenured scouts.

This whole thread has become ridiculous. The kid is 6’3 is clearly still growing, comes from a household of athletic professionalism, has elite puck skills, solid skating, excellent vision, a great shot, can play any style game to win, can/likes to turn it on when it matters most, and is right handed (which was dire for us) sounds like a legitimate 3rd OA pick to me.

Habs fans I really dont understand why you're here. Seems like you got your guy and we got ours. Hard stop. If you’re here because you can’t sleep at night, tossing and turning wondering why the Ducks staff took Sennecke over Demidov, well… It's because they believe Sennecke will be the better player and thats as much a possibility as the contrary ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
With these credentials I'm surprised ge hasn't gotten the generational tag.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022

Sennecke is gonna be a nasty player and wish Habs could have gotten both Demidov AND Sennecke in some alternate reality.

But people are free to express their opinion, love or hate the guy. It's a public forum, who cares lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

He will be a better than all three of those combined.

Don't take out your frustrations on your scouting staff picking KK over better options out there at the time!

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
No, there are only 15 days between the end of page 2 of the topic and the end of the season.

I would even say that compared to his U17 season which was excellent, he was completely ignored.
He actually had two different threads on this site that were merged right before the draft, he was definitely under the radar posting wise, but I know he had enough hype here to get me interested in his u17 season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

:laugh:

The complete and utter lack of self awareness is impressive. Now, go back to your Demidov thread, roll around, sniff and lick it. Leave us alone.

As to the Sennecke pick... I was on the hype train, but i never thought he would go to #3. I sorta get it, because he flashes some exciting talent, and appears to have more room to mature physically than just about any other prospect. I also think that some of his coordination issues will get sorted out as he ages. This is also a draft where almost all of the prospects after Celebrini have a question or two about them, even though they have some undeniable talent. With Lindstrom it's the lack of games and injuries. Catton the size and strength, Levshunov the IQ, Parekh the lack of defensive element, and on, and on.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad