Injury Report: Vol. II (Updates in First Post) | Fleury, Bortuzzo + Määttä Being Tested for Mumps

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulieWalnuts

Apr 23, 2013
Clearly Beau is a jinx, I'd get him out of there. He may be like the Billy Goat in Chicago, I don't know. Afterwords get a witch doctor, a priest/rabbi, someone who can come in and set up the locker room with good Feng Shui and exorcise the demons out of the joint.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Clearly Beau is a jinx, I'd get him out of there. He may be like the Billy Goat in Chicago, I don't know. Afterwords get a witch doctor, a priest/rabbi, someone who can come in and set up the locker room with good Feng Shui and exorcise the demons out of the joint.

Now that you mentioned it. All the bad stuff like Sid's concussions, Malkin's blown out knee etc. have happened since the day Bennett was drafted here. Maybe he is cursed. :sarcasm: :laugh:

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Silly children... you think Beau's test sample sent to the CDC merely contains the Mumps? Clearly he's infected with a small pox-polio-malaria-bubonic plague-Bovine spongiform encephalopath hybrid and will miss the next 2-52 weeks with an "upper body injury".

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Beau missed 60 games last season.. and 22 so far this season. Impressive.

Thats a full season (82 games) of just games lost.

PaulieWalnuts

Apr 23, 2013
Now that you mentioned it. All the bad stuff like Sid's concussions, Malkin's blown out knee etc. have happened since the day Bennett was drafted here. Maybe he is cursed. :sarcasm: :laugh:

The only one powerful enough to withstand that force is Adams (knock on wood and say a prayer for the man that I didn't jinx him).

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
The odds of Bennett getting that second issue that 15% of the mump cases gets (dont remember the name). It must be closer to 95% in his case :(

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
The really bad thing with Beau his trade value is less than zero. Who would honestly want his bad luck. I think we are stuck with him. :sarcasm:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The way Beau's career has gone it is pretty clear he is very likely never going to reach his potential.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I seriously/sincerely/nothing mean-spirited meant by it, wonder how long Bennett has mentally. This has got to be so draining on him. I hope he can fight through all of it and get to a point where he gets past the injury situation and just plays.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Beau is like a sponge, he absorbs every illness and injury that's out there.

Poor Beau is like that sick little fella from the movie "The Little Giants" that they had to put in bubble wrap

search

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
he already seemed relatively humiliated after the preseason injury, so id imagine staying positive at this point has become a real chore.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I seriously/sincerely/nothing mean-spirited meant by it, wonder how long Bennett has mentally. This has got to be so draining on him. I hope he can fight through all of it and get to a point where he gets past the injury situation and just plays.

Yeah. Making jokes at the guy's expense is easy... and somewhat understandable considering how progressively ludicrous his situation has become. But mostly I just feel bad for him and wonder how he must be dealing with it, mentally.

I get that he's living the dream in a lot of ways. But especially as a pro athlete and competitor... this constant sitting around waiting to get back into action while the months and years slip by has to be really depressing.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
he already seemed relatively humiliated after the preseason injury, so id imagine staying positive at this point has become a real chore.

He deleted his freaking twitter after the second knee injury. I can imagine he didn't want to hear all of the bickering and jokes made at his expense...although reading some of the replies to his tweets, he gets some pretty sexy women beckoning at his every word...so that's definitely something that should have kept his morale up hahaha.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
He's a multi-millionaire at age 23 despite missing ~2/3rds of every season. I'm sure he's doing fine.

Yeah. Making jokes at the guy's expense is easy... and somewhat understandable considering how progressively ludicrous his situation has become. But mostly I just feel bad for him and wonder how he must be dealing with it, mentally.

I get that he's living the dream in a lot of ways. But especially as a pro athlete and competitor... this constant sitting around waiting to get back into action while the months and years slip by has to be really depressing.
Feeling sorry for a multi-millionaire athlete isn't something I'll ever do, but whatever floats your boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad