Player Discussion Vladimir Tarasenko

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Thought he looked a little better last night.

If you listen to the interviews it’s obvious it’s a big change for him. Over a decade with the same club, trying to move his family to NYC area, new teammates/system, 7 games in 13 nights with 2 back to backs and a western Canadian trip.

He’ll settle in. If you remember when St Louis
was traded to the Rangers it was similar. A lot of adjustments and it took him a while to fully assimilate. Think he had 1 goal in his first 10-12 games or something.

Tarasenko had an 82 point season last year. It may take a little time but I think he’ll be fine. This is why getting him early was a big part of the deal

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Thought he looked a little better last night.

If you listen to the interviews it’s obvious it’s a big change for him. Over a decade with the same club, trying to move his family to NYC area, new teammates/system, 7 games in 13 nights with 2 back to backs and a western Canadian trip.

He’ll settle in. If you remember when St Louis
was traded to the Rangers it was similar. A lot of adjustments and it took him a while to fully assimilate. Think he had 1 goal in his first 10-12 games or something.

Tarasenko had an 82 point season last year. It may take a little time but I think he’ll be fine. This is why getting him early was a big part of the deal
A lot has happened over the past couple weeks. A lot of moving parts right now in his personal life. Once everything/everyone gets settled in, he should be fine.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Meh, i dont care what he does for the rest of the season. Its all about what he does come playoff time. If he pots 5-10 goals in PO’s and we go deep than its ine.

I would like to see some more chemistry. But again, its all about the PO’s

Reactions: CasusBelli

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I was certainly expecting more... especially w him & his bestest bread buddy

I'll give it time tho to judge... patience isn't really my strongest quality lol

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
This is pretty much the player I was expecting, and it's still a good deadline pick up. He'll improve as he gets more used to the system and his teammates, and will hopefully be an important guy come playoff time; but he isn't going to be as good as Zibanejad or Panarin.

Reactions: Leonardo87

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
The whole "he looks off" "looks slow" thing could simply be this is who he actually is and unless one watched every blues game can say otherwise, this is probably how he was with them the whole time as well.

I'm sure fans around the league gush over Zibanejad but haven't seen how disinterested, lazy, and aloof he can look for stretches of games, and if he landed on their team they'd be confused as well.

It's like dating someone but going to separate homes. They seem great, until they move in and you see all their nonsense you didn't see before because you didn't actually spend as much time around them as you thought you did.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
The whole "he looks off" "looks slow" thing could simply be this is who he actually is and unless one watched every blues game can say otherwise, this is probably how he was with them the whole time as well.

I'm sure fans around the league gush over Zibanejad but haven't seen how disinterested, lazy, and aloof he can look for stretches of games, and if he landed on their team they'd be confused as well.

It's like dating someone but going to separate homes. They seem great, until they move in and you see all their nonsense you didn't see before because you didn't actually spend as much time around them as you thought you did.
This can and should be said about every player in the league, though I'd argue it goes both ways. Fans of other teams often don't see a player's true value (see Richter, Mike).

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
This can and should be said about every player in the league, though I'd argue it goes both ways. Fans of other teams often don't see a player's true value (see Richter, Mike).
What was the general consensus among Ranger fans on Mike Richter after '94? As an outsider at the time, I thought he was a decent goalie with a few great years. He wasn't in the same league as Cujo, Hasek, Roy, Eddie Eagle or Fatso, but that doesn't seem to be the sentiment among NYR fans.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
What was the general consensus among Ranger fans on Mike Richter after '94? As an outsider at the time, I thought he was a decent goalie with a few great years. He wasn't in the same league as Cujo, Hasek, Roy, Eddie Eagle or Fatso, but that doesn't seem to be the sentiment among NYR fans.
Definitely felt he was in the same league as CuJo (better in his peak though), a hair behind Belfour, but the other 3 are some of the alltime best so no comparison there. The thing that held him back was after 1997 the team was AWFUL. Then he started dealing with injuries.

He put up decent numbers on some of the dark ages teams, but the team couldn't score most of those years and this was still an era where people viewed goalie "wins" as indicative of skill. 2000-01 was their best offense since the 97 season, but the team had a bunch of defensemen and 3rd/4th liners that weren't really NHL level talent playing major minutes and that was his worst statistical season before he hurt his knee...at which point the team started giving up 4 goals a game and you realize Richter was the only reason they weren't giving up 4 goals a game all season.

After that, he really started to battle injuries much more often and never was the same as in his peak.

But in his peak, he could go toe to toe with anyone in the league and hold his own.

Reactions: 007 and CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad