Player Discussion Vladimir Tarasenko

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Assuming he signs for cheaper than expected but not so cheap it is unreasonable, we'd have to get rid of Goodrow, plus would need a cap increase of probably 2.5-3M instead of 1. Otherwise forget it.

Reactions: CasusBelli

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Considering Blais was a curly hair away from waivers and nobody thought we were getting past the trade deadline with 2 firsts just let it play out. Tank isn't signing for the money we can offer unless he has lost his mind.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He’s making $7.5m now. He’s had his ups and downs throughout his contract and he, like most of the other UFA’s aren’t exactly hitting the market at a good time. I don’t think he makes that same cap hit this go around. I could see a $5.5m cap hit. It depends on the term but that’s my hope.

I’m also all about trying to retain him.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Found it interesting in his introduction interview that Tarasenko was adamant about never changing equipment. So I did a little detective work and it looks like he's still using his old Blues gloves, albeit with some modifications to make them look like Rangers gloves. We literally just sewed red, white, and blue fabric on top of the Blues colorway.

usatsi_20006507.webp

fm

Jul 28, 2016
pants too? is that an nyr shell over dark blue hockey pants? nutty.

and we're not keeping tank. who's the last rental we extended? b smith? and how'd that work out, anyway?

Reactions: irishlaxburger2

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Found it interesting in his introduction interview that Tarasenko was adamant about never changing equipment. So I did a little detective work and it looks like he's still using his old Blues gloves, albeit with some modifications to make them look like Rangers gloves. We literally just sewed red, white, and blue fabric on top of the Blues colorway.

usatsi_20006507.webp
Maybe the additional 2oz of sewed-on fabric explains why he looks so slow.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
He looks off form to me, even if I like the addition. The good thing is he has a few weeks to get himself sharp for the playoffs.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
Let’s be honest. He just looks a step behind our other top players at the moment. But i feel like it’s a system thing, you see he has talent but he currently looks like a guy trying to learn where to be at certain times and how the rangers play style is.

I do hope he plays a little faster though, I feel like we play at a higher tempo and so far he doesn’t really seem to be matching that level of play.

Last edited:

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
He absolutely needs time to adjust and find his place on this team. Hes a human being and probably going to take a little bit to get acclimated but also get his confidence back up to par.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad