Player Discussion Vitali Kravtsov - Signed 2-Year Deal with Traktor Chelyabinsk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
My sense is the Canucks were intrigued by Kravtsov's upside, but knew that sending him to the AHL wasn't a financial option for him.

So they qualify him to retain his rights, and then ship him to the KHL where he benefits from top-notch competition and can earn a lot more money.

Unlike Tryamkin, I don't think Kravtsov was disgruntled when he left Vancouver. And let's face it.....for any professional hockey player these days, the NHL is still the place to be.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
indeed when he comes back to a winning team, they will not tolerate defensive lapses. Thankfully, he does play above average defense for a bottom 6 player. Let me stress, its his off season conditioning and upper body strength that is his biggest hurdle to overcome. Something that Im sure Tocchet and Sedins mentioned to him if he wants to come back and contribute. Having a big body offensive contributor in the bottom 6 is invaluable down the line, its up to him to put in the work and build his own G-D body.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
indeed when he comes back to a winning team, they will not tolerate defensive lapses. Thankfully, he does play above average defense for a bottom 6 player. Let me stress, its his off season conditioning and upper body strength that is his biggest hurdle to overcome. Something that Im sure Tocchet and Sedins mentioned to him if he wants to come back and contribute. Having a big body offensive contributor in the bottom 6 is invaluable down the line, its up to him to put in the work and build his own G-D body.
Never mind bottom six. This is an impact top six winger that's gonna materialize. Only here. Under Coach Rick. And Gonchie. And Milstein.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
chubarov ruled and only left the nhl because of the lockout. don't group him with those other losers who weren't good enough to stick in the nhl
Tryamkin wasn't "a loser". A lot of people were butt hurt when he left. The management and coaching staff totally f***ed up their handling of him. He is having a decent career, and probably would have come back if the Canucks were not totally f***ing incompetent under JB at handling his development, their cap management , and had made him a decent offer.

Edit - And I hope Kravtsov gets another chance here. Unbelievable skill. If he can learn to play a 200 ft game, they should give him every chance to make it back to this team.

And FFS the ads on this site are getting worse. I don't mind the stupid ads, but the ones that they force on you that actually cover up comments are so annoying. A lot of the ads I can just delete, but for some reason the ones that cover up most of the first comments per page seem to be invulnerable to deletion.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Koltsov, Chubarov, and Tryamkin. The hole trinity of "when do you think they'll come back to the team?".

if you fudge with mika noronen, who did go to the KHL and never come back, you can make a whole lineup

x chubarov kravtsov
koltsov tryamkin
noronen

for the other winger i do still believe that burmistrov deserved a better shot, although many of us were pretty high on shirokov once upon a time

Reactions: bh53 and TraderJim

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Signed a two-year KHL contract, but I understand that he can opt out after the first year. So he's a 'possible' for training camp next season if he has a strong year in the KHL.
If he can't stick in the top 6 and play the way Tocchet wants, he would probably have it in the agreement with the Canucks that he can return to the KHL vs go to the AHL.

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
Tryamkin wasn't "a loser". A lot of people were butt hurt when he left. The management and coaching staff totally f***ed up their handling of him. He is having a decent career, and probably would have come back if the Canucks were not totally f***ing incompetent under JB at handling his development, their cap management , and had made him a decent offer.

Edit - And I hope Kravtsov gets another chance here. Unbelievable skill. If he can learn to play a 200 ft game, they should give him every chance to make it back to this team.

And FFS the ads on this site are getting worse. I don't mind the stupid ads, but the ones that they force on you that actually cover up comments are so annoying. A lot of the ads I can just delete, but for some reason the ones that cover up most of the first comments per page seem to be invulnerable to deletion.

If you’re on your phone, the Brave browser helps.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I think t's great to have another potential top6 winger in the system and for a 7th round pick i was happy to see that trade but quite honestly until i see about or over a ppg in the KHL i don't even consider Kravtsov as a player who is worth a contract slot and bringing over to play in the Canucks AHL affiliate.

At his size and skill he should be absolutely dominating the KHL. Lets not forget at 23 he left the NHL and had 12 pts in 64 games with getting a lot of looks in scoring roles. Goldobin was a better prospect at the same age.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I think t's great to have another potential top6 winger in the system and for a 7th round pick i was happy to see that trade but quite honestly until i see about 1.25 to 1.5 ppg in the KHL i don't even consider Kravtsov as a player who is worth a contract slot and bringing over to play in the Canucks AHL affiliate.

At his size and skill he should be absolutely dominating the KHL. Lets not forget at 23 he left the NHL and had 12 pts in 64 games with getting a lot of looks in scoring roles. Goldobin was a better prospect at the same age.
Last year only one player in the KHL who put in a full season finished above a point a game (Stéphane Da Costa, 1.04). This year, a handful of players are hitting that pace, but we'll see if they can sustain it over the entire season.

I think your standard for Kravtsov's production is a bit high.

Last edited:

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
never use my phone for HFboards. Probably should so I can comment during the game ... I know how much everyone appreciates my unique and adorable input.
I just split screen on my 27" display.
(Im a rare dude that likes to watch games on pc instead)

Its important to shitpost while watching the game ya know,
the average member here dont comsume close to their daily recommended bacon.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I just split screen on my 27" display.
(Im a rare dude that likes to watch games on pc instead)

Its important to shitpost while watching the game ya know,
the average member here dont comsume close to their daily recommended bacon.
Well, I may mentioned this before, but I am an officiant of the Church of Bacon. Can do marriages and everything, though unlikely that I ever will. And I eat lots of bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad