Player Discussion Vitali Kravtsov - Signed 2-Year Deal with Traktor Chelyabinsk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
It doesn't matter how many times he scored in the KHL if he is unwilling to come back though -captain obvious

Did he even hint about his intention to come back?

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Tocchet has shown us clearly how he wants his players to play. Kravtsov is the antithesis of this style and the KHL is not the league that will help him change. If he comes back, I don't see him coming back to Vancouver.

Last edited:

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
chubarov ruled and only left the nhl because of the lockout. don't group him with those other losers who weren't good enough to stick in the nhl
Didn't mean it as a slight to his ability. Just one of the common names constantly brought up at the time.

Reactions: Hit the post

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Tocchet has shown us clearly how he wants his players to play. Kravtsov is the antithesis of this style and the KHL is not league that will help him change. If he comes back, I don't see him coming back to Vancouver.

Exactly, he won't be back for too long if he can't play any defence.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Strange that some posters are convinced Kravtsov is never coming back to Vancouver. Based on his postings on social media, it sounds like he's missing Vancouver already. He compared the city to his home town of Vladivostok.

Seems to me he connected with the fans and his team-mates, but struggled to adapt to Tocchet's defensive system. I certainly wouldn't rule out his return.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Strange that some posters are convinced Kravtsov is never coming back to Vancouver. Based on his postings on social media, it sounds like he's missing Vancouver already. He compared the city to his home town of Vladivostok.

Seems to me he connected with the fans and his team-mates, but struggled to adapt to Tocchet's defensive system. I certainly wouldn't rule out his return.
If he can't adapt to the system of the HC, Vancouver isn't going to be the place for him to establish an NHL career.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Whats the average lifespan of an nhl coach with a team?

He turns 24 in Dec. Not sure on the free agent rules regarding is rights. Typcially, guys hit UFA at 27 by July 1, so he'd have 3 mroe seasons after this one before becoming a UFA unless he falls under a different class, of free agent depending on his situation/status.
Is he going to out wait Tocchet? Tocchet, primary goal is to make the PO. He will be removed if he doesn’t achieve the desired goal of the team either by not making the PO or not advancing in the PO. IMO, he’s got into next season at least imo. So, either Kravstov buys into the program in 2024 or he's back in the K for 24/25 or moved to another club to try his luck.

Is he going to accept a 2 way contract or be willing to go to the A if he doesn’t make the club? Or do they agree that he can be loaned back to the K or elsewhere should he not make the Canucks roster? Or the Canucks can try to trade him, or put him on waivers and they both hope someone else claims him.
I think if he returns, he'd like some certainty as to where he will play. Not sure Tocchet is going to give him that certainty.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
He turns 24 in Dec. Not sure on the free agent rules regarding is rights. Typcially, guys hit UFA at 27 by July 1, so he'd have 3 mroe seasons after this one before becoming a UFA unless he falls under a different class, of free agent depending on his situation/status.
Is he going to out wait Tocchet? Tocchet, primary goal is to make the PO. He will be removed if he doesn’t achieve the desired goal of the team either by not making the PO or not advancing in the PO. IMO, he’s got into next season at least imo. So, either Kravstov buys into the program in 2024 or he's back in the K for 24/25 or moved to another club to try his luck.

Is he going to accept a 2 way contract or be willing to go to the A if he doesn’t make the club? Or do they agree that he can be loaned back to the K or elsewhere should he not make the Canucks roster? Or the Canucks can try to trade him, or put him on waivers and they both hope someone else claims him.
I think if he returns, he'd like some certainty as to where he will play. Not sure Tocchet is going to give him that certainty.
Anton Rodin never stopped trying to break into the NHL until his late twenties I think. The accumulation of injuries (got beat up in the AHL, etc.,) eventually did him in I think.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Kravtsov's KHL contract is up when Boeser and Kuzmenko are UFAs, that can't be a coincidence /tinfoil hat
My bud Morris doesn't appreciate your sarcasm!

35ddd1c5b34f1368483ed4cd90b96586.jpg

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Having a middle six scorer like Kravtsov come back on a cheap show me deal will be beneficial when we get hit with the cap crunch on Peteys new deal, Kuzmenko, Hronek, Boeser. Whether he will have grown into a more reliable player who can handle the minutes is another thing, but its a free lottery ticket. I still wish he had gotten a proper look with Petey and Kuz last year instead of fist feeding those minutes to Beauvillier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad