Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Giroux It

Mar 30, 2013
Elizabethtown, PA
Some people believe that Schenn projects as a better winger than center.

The point you justify paying your 3C good money is when he becomes a 2C and you move Vinny back to 3C or wing and move Couts up to 2C.

Ta-da.

You don't have to move Schenn anywhere.

My main point being that right now lets just say you sign Vinny for a 5mil AAV (which is probably low)

G
Vinny
Coots
Laughton

Now you have to convert Schenn to a winger. OK. Lets just say he plays fine. Now you have to resign Schenn, and Coots who are both due raises. Lets just say 3 AAV, and G to somewhere around 8?

G - 8 Mil
Vinny - 5 Mil
Coots - 3 Mil
Laughton

Now you have to hope that Coots becomes your 2C because Vinny isn't going to get better by age 35 IMO. And you really need Laughton to play bigger than 4C minutes IMO. So you need to either convert him to a winger or bump Vinny to the wing? I just think signing Vinny causes a giant cluster on the roster. It involves more moving pieces I would prefer for a team that already has a ton of question marks. I would much rather roll with the group of centers that we have. Let them mature and grow, the team is young enough and has plenty of potential. LeCavalier is obviously the sexy sign, but is it really the right move?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just say no. If Laughton can play 3rd line center, Move Brayden to wing and let Couts play 2nd line. Sign a real 4th line center ( Hall Type) and move on.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Pagnotta: Little update: Hearing Detroit is out of the Lecavalier race, while told by one league exec that he'd be "very surprised" if Vinny picks MTL
2:46pm - 2 Jul 13

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I wouldn't love the signing, but you're talking well down the line. The sky wouldn't be falling. I hear your concern though.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Oh man, please let it be Dallas if it's a ridiculous contract. I have a bad feeling we're gonna be getting laughed at for a another silly contract.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Would it be better to have Vinny at 5 mil or Horton at say 7 mil??? It might be better from a building of the team perspective to go after a top winger like Horton and keep Schenn at center than to sign Vinny and move Schenn to wing. Has anyone thought about this??

Giroux It

Mar 30, 2013
Elizabethtown, PA
Would it be better to have Vinny at 5 mil or Horton at say 7 mil??? It might be better from a building of the team perspective to go after a top winger like Horton and keep Schenn at center than to sign Vinny and move Schenn to wing. Has anyone thought about this??

I would rather have neither. I just want Homer to put the phone down and walk away for once

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Flyers fans: Homer should put the phone down and walk away for once!!

Homer: .... I haven't pulled the trigger on a million deals I was rumored to be in on.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I'd rather Vinny and move Schenn at that price. That's way too much for Horton, and you just know he'd get concussed again playing here.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
If the Flyers sign Vinny at 5yrs it would be the most short sighted, non sensical thing Homer has ever done. It would officially signal that Flyers management has no long-term vision. I just don't understand why we are pushing so hard for this.

I do love me some hyperbole, but I think that the 9 year deal for Bryz when you have Bob in house already has to outpace a 5 year deal for LeCavelier by a decent margain if we are talking GOAT for Homer.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

I'd rather stab myself in the eye than have Horton for 7 mil...I'll take Vinny at 5 if it's a 3 year deal.

feedingschennzy

Feb 11, 2012
i barely hear anyone ever mention philly being in it

Actually I think that's because our fan base unlike Dallas, Toronto, Montreal, etc doesnt really want him, thus less people are all over hf boards predicting vinny to the flyers. I look at it from a very basic view; LeCavalier is talanted, we need talent in every position..

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
Nope, do you get mad if your fridge stops working and spoils some food? That's probably a better analogy for you

Well, I'd fix the problem, not just throw the whole thing out because I'm pissed off. I wasn't making an anaology, I hate them because they ignore specifics. I just wanted to get a better understanding of your thought process.

Regardless of what the HFB masses think (Holmgren is dumb because Bryz), the truth is that Ed forced the Bryz fiasco. So why fault Holmgren?

Giroux It

Mar 30, 2013
Elizabethtown, PA
Well, I'd fix the problem, not just throw the whole thing out because I'm pissed off. I wasn't making an anaology, I hate them because they ignore specifics. I just wanted to get a better understanding of your thought process.

Regardless of what the HFB masses think (Holmgren is dumb because Bryz), the truth is that Ed forced the Bryz fiasco. So why fault Holmgren?

Personally I think Holmgren is a pretty smart guy. The problem is its going to always be his fault because of his position. He is in a position that provides little praise when things are good, and all the criticism when things are going poorly. All of us here have our own opinions and views on the matters at hand, sadly sometimes just because your involved in a situation it will always be linked to you regardless of whose decision it is. I don't fault him, but I don't think we will ever know what moves are entirely Holmgrens and which are completely Sniders. You could go back and question every single move they have made while together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad