Proposal: Veteran top 6 winger to Pitt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Pouliot+Fehr for Zetterberg @ 50%

MAF+Kunitz for Sharp+Niemi

Kunitz+Pouliot+1st for Nash @ 50% + 3rd

Fehr+1st for Gaborik @ 50%

Pouliot+Fehr for Cammaleri @ 50%

Premise is Pitt going all in for back to back cups. Personally I would love to acquire Zetterberg, he's up there in age but his hockey IQ is off the charts and would mesh with Sid pretty well

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
Zetterberg's legacy as a Red Wings lifer is worth more than that. At least to me.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Devils don't do that. Pouliot's development wasn't that great.

I'd do Cammalieri @ 50% for Maatta but Pens wouldn't do that.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
I don't understand why Pittsburgh would even wanna mess with their roster right now, it's pretty much the same roster they won the Cup with except Lovejoy...

These moves might make more sense at the trade deadline to bolster the depth in Pittsburgh's line up, but not before the beginning of the season for Pittsburgh.

eviohh26*

Zetty will cost more than that. People act like he is washed up.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Not needed. Let's see what happens with the younger guys (Wilson, Sheary, Rust and Kuhn amongst others) and hope that one can become a decent top-6 winger. Can always reevaluate at the trade deadline. Also, I'm against trading Pouliot considering Tanger's injury history and Daley's recent injury.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
If things go poo poo for the Jets then Stafford is probably available at the TD.

I assume his cap hit doesn't work too well for the Pens as an offseason addition.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Also costing nowhere near the assets but admittedly more of a middle 6 than top 5, but Milan Michalek would be available from the leafs and we could easily retain for you.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
How about no? Pouliot is the absolute last thing the Leafs need. No reason to give up your only top 6 established winger... Please think before posting

Michalek
Marner
One of nylander or kadri
Uncle Leo
This is a season of discovery, seeing what our future can provide. JVR probably isn't in the long term plans as he's going to tie up too much cap space soon and doesn't fit our age group. I agree he's our only 1st line quality winger currently, but this team should be more concerned with eyeing toward the years beyond.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Zets contract runs until he's like 50 (it's an exaggeration). Detroit and a few other teams thought they were going to kill it with those heavy front loaded contracts and are now looking weak. That's an absolute no for both teams.

But nonetheless - would be cool to see him in a Pens jersey. Lots of respect for the guy. Would fit this team very well.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Zets contract runs until he's like 50 (it's an exaggeration). Detroit and a few other teams thought they were going to kill it with those heavy front loaded contracts and are now looking weak. That's an absolute no for both teams.

But nonetheless - would be cool to see him in a Pens jersey. Lots of respect for the guy. Would fit this team very well.

No...teams found a loophole that the NHL didn't plan for and got pissed. They then punished those teams for signing contracts under the CBA.

The retroactive penalty is BS from the NHL.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If the Jets are out of the playoffs or need to make room for prospects or shed salary.....Stafford for a 2nd pick & 5th Rd pick.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Michalek
Marner
One of nylander or kadri
Uncle Leo
This is a season of discovery, seeing what our future can provide. JVR probably isn't in the long term plans as he's going to tie up too much cap space soon and doesn't fit our age group. I agree he's our only 1st line quality winger currently, but this team should be more concerned with eyeing toward the years beyond.

You named a 4th line winger waaaay past his prime, a rookie winger that we don't even know will be in the NHL this year, 2 centers, and Komarov, please just stop...

JVR doesn't fit with the age group? Please explain how a 27 year old doesn't fit with the age group.

I'm actually getting a headache over here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad