Proposal: Veteran top 6 winger to Pitt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
You want Jimmy Hayes? Let's make a deal

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Michalek
Marner
One of nylander or kadri
Uncle Leo
This is a season of discovery, seeing what our future can provide. JVR probably isn't in the long term plans as he's going to tie up too much cap space soon and doesn't fit our age group. I agree he's our only 1st line quality winger currently, but this team should be more concerned with eyeing toward the years beyond.

this is getting out of hand. JVR just turned 27....he will probably get an Okposo like deal (6mil per). other notable free agents we have to lock up include Nylander and Zaitsev. they will have 45 mil in space and most of the key guys like matthews,marner,kadri,rielly,gardiner, andersen etc already under contract

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You want Jimmy Hayes? Let's make a deal

I've suggested something similar in the past, but a deal around Pouliot for one of the Rangers young wingers would make a good amount of sense on paper. The only way it falls flat is the Rangers need a RD more than a LD.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I've suggested something similar in the past, but a deal around Pouliot for one of the Rangers young wingers would make a good amount of sense on paper. The only way it falls flat is the Rangers need a RD more than a LD.

Are you thinking of Kevin?

Jannik Hansen + for Pouliot?

I think Hansen would be perfect for the Pens, but not at the cost of Pouliot.

DP's value is comically low on this site. That'll soon change.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Pouliot+Fehr for Zetterberg @ 50%

MAF+Kunitz for Sharp+Niemi

Kunitz+Pouliot+1st for Nash @ 50% + 3rd

Fehr+1st for Gaborik @ 50%

Pouliot+Fehr for Cammaleri @ 50%

Premise is Pitt going all in for back to back cups. Personally I would love to acquire Zetterberg, he's up there in age but his hockey IQ is off the charts and would mesh with Sid pretty well

I see this as the only realistic one and I still doubt Dallas would do it. Kunitz would weaken their scoring and while it would be nice to get MAF off the books so Murray could start, having Niemi's contract with him as a backup would be tough to swallow

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah I just had a brain fart. I don't think Jimmy Hayes would be a bad target, but he really doesn't fit the speed requirement of the team.

I only picked up on it because Jimmy seems to be getting offered up everywhere these days haha.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013

Premise is Pitt going all in for back to back cups. Personally I would love to acquire Zetterberg, he's up there in age but his hockey IQ is off the charts and would mesh with Sid pretty well

Trade 1 - Detroit wouldn't touch that one, nor should they. I think Fehr will have a rebound season.
Trade 2 - Pittsburgh loses big time. Sharp is basically Kunitz. Niemi isn't Fleury. Not even close.
Trade 3 - way too much for Rick Nash. His stock is low and isn't worth the headache.
Trade 4 - Gaborik is GARBAGE. 12 goals last year. He isn't worth that
Trade 5 - no

Do you truly ever think about these deals? You are living in the past with all of them.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Are you thinking of Kevin?

I think Hansen would be perfect for the Pens, but not at the cost of Pouliot.

DP's value is comically low on this site. That'll soon change.

I would trade DP for Hansen in a second, if given the opportunity. You have too much faith in him. I don't have any.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Zetterberg ' s washing up, but I'd love to see him flank Sid and Hornqvist for a couple seasons.

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016

Zetts isn't going anywhere. However something around Nyquist for Maatta is quite do-able.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I'd like to see Pittsburgh rescue Milan Michalek from that gongshow going on in Toronto. Solid player who deserves to be on a team actually trying to compete.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I only picked up on it because Jimmy seems to be getting offered up everywhere these days haha.

There kinda is a reason for that. He is the scapegoat of the Bruins. No thank you.

Edit: As for the OP, I could only see the second deal being realistic. But I'd rather trade Fleury for Nuke + Niemi, and let Kunitz ride out his last year here, possibly in a lesser role.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Pittsburgh Penguins just won the Stanley Cup.

No GM in their right mind is going to gift them guys like Zetterberg, Nash, Sharp, etc for Derrick Pouliot or Eric Fehr.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I'd like to see Pittsburgh rescue Milan Michalek from that gongshow going on in Toronto. Solid player who deserves to be on a team actually trying to compete.

I think he'd do well in a top six role tbh, he'd score 20 goals.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
The Pittsburgh Penguins just won the Stanley Cup.

No GM in their right mind is going to gift them guys like Zetterberg, Nash, Sharp, etc for Derrick Pouliot or Eric Fehr.

Winning the Stanley cup doesn't have anything to do with it honestly. Just because we won the cup, doesn't mean that GM's wouldn't want to make fair deals with us (not that i'm saying all of OP's deals are fair). They could be involved in a trade to a team outside of the conference who doesn't have high playoff hopes for example. The other GM shouldn't really give a **** if he made another team, far away, better short term.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The Pens do not need another top 6 winger, unless its left wing and Kunitz is going the other way. But Kunitz isnt going anywhere so its irrelevant.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013

Michalek Is trash, Greening is actually better than him.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Michalek Is trash, Greening is actually better than him.

Michalek is a solid middle six guy who can fill in on the top line when needed. Gets injured a little too often but he has a great work ethic.

Regarding Greening... I'm not surprised you have this opinion. Your team is the only one in the league who would have him in a top six role. He's bound to score playing with top six players.

DATS-O-MATIC

Nov 23, 2004

No deal for Z, for too many reasons, including value.

How about Tatar for Maata?

or

Tatar, Mantha, Smith, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & Saarijarvi (sp) ? for Letang?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad